UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
were talking about stunt shows not donkey shows

yes, stunt shows.......... I'll rock some nac-nac wheelies for a hundo.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
were talking about stunt shows not donkey shows
bwahhahaahhaa!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
So these ******* Canadian Chaos idiots are back at it,, undercutting / stealing shows so we all get to work for pennies. Makes me SICK when we could be making good money at stadium shows. Fans pay 25 - 50 bucks a ticket, times 1000's of people and we end up doing the show for a few hundred bucks because these ******* insist on undercutting these shows. Thats not even a fraction of 1 % of the shows total revenue. I put my blood and sweat into this ****, break my bike time after time practicing like most of us do and these idiots come in with thier christ stands and reap what little reward they can scavenge ? FUCKKK Lets start a list and call these ******* out so everyone knows who is doing the sport dirty. You got a team or a name of some idiot under cutting lets see it. Stop acting like these people are friends and its water under the bridge. Shut the door on them.
its all about dollars and cents man. and with this economy things are getting worse and worse. people ask me all the time why i dont try to go "pro". practice tricks that could cause me to end up in the hospital regaurdless of the gear i'm wearing, and try to start doing comps and shows and whatnot. its because threads like this and the bullshit that happens out there, doesnt seem worth it to me from a financial aspect. i'd rather just be a "lowlife hoodlum" who does poppawheelies behind kmart. theres only a select few in this sport who make a semi decent living. everybody else is chomping at the bit. but i love this sport and will continue to do it just for that reason. if i'd wasnt for that i wouldve said man **** this a long time ago.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:01 PM

G-Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

1000 dollars out of $350,000 for an average of $35 a ticket for 10,000 people works out to 0.2 % So your happy with throwing your ***** on the line daily, wrecking yourself and your bike constantly inorder to please these crowds for not even a half of a half of one percent ? Even though your out there for 20 minutes thats surely more then a half of a percent of the entire shows lenth. Its not the 10 minutes of work you do, its how much work you did to be at the level. Drag cars only ride for 8 seconds does that mean they should get paid 40 bucks ? Nascar brings out the most money in all the sports there is and the ***** boring as **** to watch but they make so much money because people like to see crashes and its not possible to undercut a race, you have to win the ****. If we had stunt races we'd all be rich. I guess Teach hit the nail on the head as well. You get what you pay for and there is sooo much supply of B level stunters that the **** go for much cheaper then we all could be making. End of rant for now.

Ok, You have made some valid points.. The fact that I live in a place with the population is a 1/4 million people, might have something to do with the way I had based a price.

Our team is 2 riders and have done 2 shows last year.. We are certainly not pro's and certainly dont have the cash to travel and compete nationaly.. I am a friend of the promoter.. and we decided to do the shows for basically nothing.. This is not to undercut the other riders/teams in other parts of Canada, that have a huge population..

So, we opted to do the Monster Madness show, for basicaly free, we were aloud to sell merch.. and they didnt take a cut of our profits (which usualy happens). To us it was benefitial to do the show because it helped up promote the sport and a gave alot of inspiration to kids... Our team also has a shop sponsor and a deal with the parts canada rep, who helps us promote ourselves and in return we promote their gear... They were aloud to put up their banners.. and we had autograph cards printed by our sponsors, also another form of advertising and promotion to benifit the growth and the awareness to the sport!!

I also did the MX show at the end of last year BY MYSELF, again for basically free, I managed to eat and get drunk for 2 days and got to promote our team and my local clothing store in front of a few thousand people. As well meet a few new friends... Again benefiting me in with "Advertising" as my pay I guess you could say.. Not only was it benefitial in many ways to our team besides $$$.. It was alot of fun... and another chance to help the sport GROW!!!!!

With the economy the way it is right now, I think its pretty hard for any of the motorsports venues to be increasing their revenues.. Everything is on the downsize these days.... So I think there are alot of factors when quoting a "job"/show...

Nick, and Thomas, both made some valid points as well.. I do believe that in major city's in Canada have the population base to support and pay the riders that kinda coin....

And another point that Nick made... I totaly agree with and made me think a little bit more... was beeing "filler" for the shows... However.... If your hired to do a stunt show for a Monster Truck show... you are "opening" for the main attraction. Same goes for a MX show... This would not be the case if you were hired to be the main attraction. For instance, at a motorcycle trade show, or a show and shine for a local dealer, or any other motorcycle specific event....

I think that prices are always gonna varry depending on what your hired to do.. Our team are not pro skill level, but I can asure you we take a profesional approach to the marketing and branding of our team, as well as increasing the possitive awareness towards the sport of stunting. We are friendly and always willng to give good advice on how to get involved or get started in the sport, as well as answer alot of people questions about of bike setup's during the "meet and greet's" before the shows..

Anyway that is kinda where I was basing my opinions on.. some may agree or disagree..
Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by G-Rock
Ok, You have made some valid points.. The fact that I live in a place with the population is a 1/4 million people, might have something to do with the way I had based a price.

Our team is 2 riders and have done 2 shows last year.. We are certainly not pro's and certainly dont have the cash to travel and compete nationaly.. I am a friend of the promoter.. and we decided to do the shows for basically nothing.. This is not to undercut the other riders/teams in other parts of Canada, that have a huge population..

So, we opted to do the Monster Madness show, for basicaly free, we were aloud to sell merch.. and they didnt take a cut of our profits (which usualy happens). To us it was benefitial to do the show because it helped up promote the sport and a gave alot of inspiration to kids... Our team also has a shop sponsor and a deal with the parts canada rep, who helps us promote ourselves and in return we promote their gear... They were aloud to put up their banners.. and we had autograph cards printed by our sponsors, also another form of advertising and promotion to benifit the growth and the awareness to the sport!!

I also did the MX show at the end of last year BY MYSELF, again for basically free, I managed to eat and get drunk for 2 days and got to promote our team and my local clothing store in front of a few thousand people. As well meet a few new friends... Again benefiting me in with "Advertising" as my pay I guess you could say.. Not only was it benefitial in many ways to our team besides $$$.. It was alot of fun... and another chance to help the sport GROW!!!!!

With the economy the way it is right now, I think its pretty hard for any of the motorsports venues to be increasing their revenues.. Everything is on the downsize these days.... So I think there are alot of factors when quoting a "job"/show...

Nick, and Thomas, both made some valid points as well.. I do believe that in major city's in Canada have the population base to support and pay the riders that kinda coin....

And another point that Nick made... I totaly agree with and made me think a little bit more... was beeing "filler" for the shows... However.... If your hired to do a stunt show for a Monster Truck show... you are "opening" for the main attraction. Same goes for a MX show... This would not be the case if you were hired to be the main attraction. For instance, at a motorcycle trade show, or a show and shine for a local dealer, or any other motorcycle specific event....

I think that prices are always gonna varry depending on what your hired to do.. Our team are not pro skill level, but I can asure you we take a profesional approach to the marketing and branding of our team, as well as increasing the possitive awareness towards the sport of stunting. We are friendly and always willng to give good advice on how to get involved or get started in the sport, as well as answer alot of people questions about of bike setup's during the "meet and greet's" before the shows..

Anyway that is kinda where I was basing my opinions on.. some may agree or disagree..
Whats your team name ?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM

1brownj is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it turns out in this case its not an undercut. Its just a slimey backstab. After i let him do the show he gives the promoter his number and sets up the entire series of 13 shows next year without mentioning a word to me or even thinking of including me, but since the promoter had both our numbers it was ok .So terry loyd isnt an under cutter, he is just a piece of **** that doesnt have the ***** still to call me. All it means is im out at least 13g for being a nice guy. So whatever life goes on. DONT SHARE YOUR SHOWS to people you think are your friends. Im an idiot, and terrys a piece of ****, end of story.
sounds like you got caught slipping naw but seriously you shoulda seen that coming
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Whats your team name ?
Is this supposed to be saucy?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

its nice to get your foot in the door doin **** for nothing, but you gotta look at biz prospective to, you did a show for monstor madness at a massive stadium venue, where i'm sure the trickets were not cheap, you def coulda made a couple grand easy, like scott said, all those ppl payin 30-40 a ticket, thats big coin takin a g of that to give to a couple stunters is just pennys,
but however its hard to kno what to ask for when your new to the show thing, cuz you jsut wanna get out there and ride, and get the name out there first off, you don't want them to say nah and back out on yea, so i understand that
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hawco
its nice to get your foot in the door doin **** for nothing, but you gotta look at biz prospective to, you did a show for monstor madness at a massive stadium venue, where i'm sure the trickets were not cheap, you def coulda made a couple grand easy, like scott said, all those ppl payin 30-40 a ticket, thats big coin takin a g of that to give to a couple stunters is just pennys,
but however its hard to kno what to ask for when your new to the show thing, cuz you jsut wanna get out there and ride, and get the name out there first off, you don't want them to say nah and back out on yea, so i understand that..... and promoters are usually cheap as ****
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 PM

2000 people is not a large venue if you ask me... (2 shows, sat and sun)

The fmx show I did was 4000 people...

and I did look at a business persepective.. I got to advertise my Clothing Store to 8000 people for free... thats worth my time to do those shows for basically free.. dont ya think??
Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM

yea where you own a clothing store, if ppl seeing your gear and love what you carry then that is a big up for you for sure
Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

They do mandem, I'd hire them.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is this supposed to be saucy?
Wtf ? No i asked what your team name is..
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 PM

Wtf ? No i asked what your team name is..
Sorry, sounded like you were trying to say "who the **** are you guys" basically.. hahaha

Hostyle Riders..
Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Sorry, sounded like you were trying to say "who the **** are you guys" basically.. hahaha

Hostyle Riders..
hes a lil hostyle ha ha haaaa
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Charlie636 is a decent person

pun intended
Old 04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

you serious? If you are i need to move from florida.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:32 AM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hawco
but however its hard to kno what to ask for when your new to the show thing, cuz you jsut wanna get out there and ride, and get the name out there first off, you don't want them to say nah and back out on yea, so i understand that
The tickets for that show were $20 and the shows were not sold out either time. But Mile one stadium is in the negatives and does not make enough revenue each year to cover the overhead. The promotors are as you said cheap as ****. The racing 4 wheelers also did the show and didnt get paid. If we didnt do it well there wouldnt have been any other stunters but they would of got some kind of act to do the show. Then we wouldnt have done the show and the people that now know who we are and a little something about the sport wouldnt have. Way I see it, it was a little advertising for Gavins store, us and the sport. Now they are having another monster truck show this year that we are not doing cause 4 wheelers and bmx bikes are doing it for free. There is another Arena Cross show and the riders for this show have to pay to be in it. Its shitty but thats just how it is in St. Johns at Mile one with these shitty *** promotors.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

the thought of making money at this never entered my mind when i fell in love with the ' thought of ' stunting

which show in my skillz...or lack thereof

beat ya to it *******
Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by steve02r6
There is another Arena Cross show and the riders for this show have to pay to be in it. Its shitty but thats just how it is in St. Johns at Mile one with these shitty *** promotors.
pay out of your pocket to ride a show lol, youd have to be crazy to do that

Quick Reply: UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!