View Poll Results: Categorize The Groups as Pro and Am?
Yes, I like things looking good!
30.77%
No, I enjoy the blending of all groups.
30.77%
Don't Matta US!!!
38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Important: Stunt Group Board categories

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Hmmm... so far it seems that the amateurs dont want to be called that and the pros dont care. Judging by the voting so far...lol
Old 10-02-2002, 04:57 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm

i never been called either of em.... im cool with amatuer though.... fuel for the fire baby!!!!!!lol!! make sure FISH stays AMATUER!!! he is trouble dude, im tellin ya, CAPITAL T..... LATA!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:15 PM
Creater/Founder

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by DV8Ronnie
i never been called either of em.... im cool with amatuer though.... fuel for the fire baby!!!!!!lol!! make sure FISH stays AMATUER!!! he is trouble dude, im tellin ya, CAPITAL T..... LATA!
Yeah I would like to keep stunting on the backyard freiendly level... But in ANYTHING big there are different levels..

Amateur and pro baseball, basketball, hocket, drag racers, car drivers, etc etc etc

IIm preparing to take the Stunting Scene to the next level. We are not all equal. Some peopl DO have corporate sponsors and make THOUSANDS off of riding! Some dont. FACT.

I was just looking for a way to break it all down to more organization.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point
put all the groups with a video at the top of the list and then go from there. in alphabetical .
Old 10-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Creater/Founder

OK there is too much grey area here... But since Pat (the pimp stunta) spoke up... I like that idea... So we will go by videos and no videos for now.. All non-video sportin groups will be ranked not alphabeticly but by the amount of traffic thier board gets.

Case closed!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:29 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sbh patrick 929
put all the groups with a video at the top of the list and then go from there. in alphabetical .
I agree:D
Old 10-02-2002, 09:58 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2 cents....... I liked them in one forum listed Alphabetically. Made it easy to go to the team you want (as it would make it easier for non stunters to visit) but now you have to guess what listing they may be under If you are a Pro then everyone already knows who you are so why do you need to be classified as a pro? Maybe I am missing the point of this seperation. If someone wants to follow a group or a few groups then this just makes it more difficult to surf the site. Once again just my 2 cents....
Old 10-02-2002, 10:47 PM

R6Bandit is an unknown quantity at this point
i must agree.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:01 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RedlineLaura
My 2 cents....... I liked them in one forum listed Alphabetically. Made it easy to go to the team you want (as it would make it easier for non stunters to visit) but now you have to guess what listing they may be under If you are a Pro then everyone already knows who you are so why do you need to be classified as a pro? Maybe I am missing the point of this seperation. If someone wants to follow a group or a few groups then this just makes it more difficult to surf the site. Once again just my 2 cents....
now that I think about it, yesterday i was thinking...hmmm...what is tripleX pro or am? what is redline pro or am? what is sbh pro or am? good point!! maybe alphabetically is the best. it was alot easier to navigate
Old 10-03-2002, 12:47 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by RedlineLaura
Exactly my reasoning for alphabetical order. Wether the group be PRO or AM.. They are very easy to find.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:01 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
alphabetical order makes it alot easier to find the teams
Old 10-03-2002, 02:35 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
alphabetical was easier but when it comes down to it who really cares????? as long as were all here does it really matter?????????
Old 10-03-2002, 03:37 PM

DoubleR Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't we all just get along ?.......LOL.......well since Patrick aka "Pursy the Pimp" spoke up - I still think that since this is Shugga's playground what ever he says works for us - cause we are about another two months b/4 our video comes out.

* You see we had to delete some footage of some po-po chases to protect the innocent...........So now we need to add some more - oh well........
Old 10-03-2002, 03:40 PM
Creater/Founder

I have reasons for the sudden need to seperate the groups... Soon there will be pages of groups listed... WAAAY too many...

The "top dogs" wont want to be classifed with the "little people" and this my friends causes a dilemma... So in an effort to get ALLL stunters here... We must make sacrifices in the name of progress...I want the big guys on here posting with all of us. But with the time, effort and sacrifice they have made thus far in thier carreers, why would they be listed at the botyom? they shouldnt, they are big for a reason and should be rewarded for thier efforts. Everyone has the chance to "go big" and with the right attitude and hard work, some of the smaller less known groups will be the big boys soon. Who was Triple X 1 year ago? How about 1096? Who was Dan Jackson and XMX? NOTHING! We never even heard of them. IS it luck? NO! Its dedicatin and hard work. they built thier reps not from a messageboard but from going out and riding and working and promoting tehmselves. I, the pres of StuntLife, would like to congradulate them and "put them up on a pdeistal" and let them knoiw that they dedication has been noted!

So far are you all with me? Get the point?

So why would the top notch riders who have been successful without a combined board like this for so long want to be a member? because they get special treatment here. We will cater to them because they are the stars. They will be listed higher than a group that JUST started and doesnt even have a website out. I think its fair. Yes its harder to find a newer group, there will be an extra glance down to the bottom to see them, but yet they are there in plain sight.

*Here is how I originally envisioned the site...

StuntLife.com... a place where anyone curious about the sport can come and find all info possible plus be an avenue for all stunt groups to get more publicity. This has been working so far.

Then the messageboard... A place where people from all over the country can come and talk to other people with similar interests in teh same place.

So the problem....How do I get these people to come to the website?
I must provide hosting to ALL stunt groups big and small! This will allow my link to be placed on the groups webpages. Soooo.... A "fan" can come to thier website and then click a link and ask the group a question, or read about the latest news with them on thier messageboard provded by me. This fan will then see a way to click out and find the main "STUNTER BOARDS" This is where all general activity would go on. I did not want to create a list of little subboards that act independantly as a unique "world", but one general place where all fans, riders, and the big boys will come to post together and talk about stuff as a whole community.

So as i see it it doesnt much matter who is listed where and how is listed why... If you goto the main stunter boards, you can chat with EVERYONE! A huge public forum. This is all why I broke it down to categories... GENERAL, EVENTS, PICTURES, HUMOR, CHICK PICS, FEMALE RIDERS, XR50s, QUADS, CLASSIFIEDS... Beacuse thats where the traffic would be.

This has instead turned to another SBN Stunters Corner where if youw ant to read the latest gossip ypou have to click on 30 different boards to figure out whats new.

Yet with all this going on you still can go through the list of groups and find a specific board to post to. Tnen you can "talk" to the members of that group, foind out about local rides, ask them if they remember you at thier last show, find out what they are doing this weekend.

But once again, it seems that the events are being posted so only the group members/followers can read it and not in the main general area... The wheelie questions are split up into 5 group boards instead of one large thread in HOW TO... 10 boards have a thread called "Whats the best stunt bike?" when you coudl post that in general and everyone can reply instead of just whoever is in that board.

1096 for example, they have a board here that is locked. No need to take up more space... they have a link to thier site for fans to check it out and on the board they can announce the latest events going on.

Anyway, you all should get the point and hopefully understand up reasonings why Im running this the way I am. I feel tat down the line when this takes off, these StuntLife boards that you folks are helping to create, will be the #1 place to come and find ANYTHING about anything stunt related. All groups will be "living" here and we all will have the chance to grow together and we push the progress of the sport.

Anyway, thanks for listening and off to go do some shipping for those of you that placed orders today.

Comments, suggestions, and replys are welcomed.
Thanks for help everyone!
Old 10-04-2002, 09:39 AM

slinky750 is a decent person
shuggs can i have a page...huh huh can i can i pretty pretty please!!! lol....well i'm the only one that actually posts on here so far...but i want to introduce the rest of my boys to the page....you can classify is down by yates and that group...we ride...stunt...have trucks..cars...you name it...everything in our group!!....we are pretty much a ***** house...everything you want and dont want in one spot!! lol
Old 10-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Creater/Founder

Did type too much? No one wants to reply? You AFRAID I might break out another couple pages of posts on ya? LOL LOL

Any comments about the current Stunt Group board set-up?
Old 10-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
2 cents

Sup Shuggs??
I think you should keep it as simple as possible....all teams in alphabetical order, at least until there are too many teams...then split it up.
But then again, everyone is just happy to have a board again so it doesnt really matter. If it is easy for you, separate them!!!
Mellen_MPZ
Old 10-04-2002, 11:44 PM

F T P is an unknown quantity at this point
MAN SHUGG I THINK U SHOULD KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS. I THINK ITS TIGHT JUST THE WAY IT IS. WHATEVER U DO MAKE SURE U KEEP IT GANGSTA PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
Old 10-05-2002, 10:23 AM

J_fukin_t is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that it's cool the way it is because now you don't have to search all over to find the other groups board!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 04:05 PM

Soumy16 is an unknown quantity at this point
No it looks awsome leave it the way it is

Quick Reply: Important: Stunt Group Board categories