Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 AM

Tekanomics is a decent person
Angry Cops... Wtf? Ftp!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/14831950/detail.html

Police Dressed As Santa's Elves Ticket Central Florida Speeders

Some Motorists Say Using Holiday Icon To Enforce Law Is Not Right

POSTED: Wednesday, December 12, 2007
UPDATED: 3:37 pm EST December 12, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Sheriff's deputies dressed as Santa's elves cited more than 100 speeders on Orange County roads Wednesday in continuation of a program some have called unfair.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office continued their Operation ELF: Enforcing Limits and Fining speeders on the Alafaya Trail Wednesday.
Here's how it works: a sheriff's deputy dressed as an elf clocks cars using a radar gun then dispatches a motorcycle deputy to pull them over and issue the driver a ticket.
More than 130 tickets were written in just over two hours.
The highest speed was recorded at 79 mph in a 45 mph zone.
In the past, some motorists said using a holiday icon to enforce the law did not seem right.
"That's specifically why we didn't use Santa Claus," Ken Wynne of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said in an earlier report. "We didn't choose a nativity scene. We chose an elf. An elf is known for their impish behavior. If you're going to speed in Orange County, you never know who's going to be on the street corner."
Grinch Targets Drivers

Recently, a costumed officer dressed as Dr. Seuss' Grinch character handed out about one traffic ticket per minute for hours in Orange County.
The Seuss-costumed officer nabbed drivers traveling on Orange Blossom Trail near Holden Boulevard Wednesday.
There were so many people running red lights and committing traffic violations that costumed officer said he had little time to rest, Local 6's Laura Diaz said.
"We averaged about one a minute and we've been out here for about 50 minutes," Orange County sheriff's representative Wynne said.
Some drivers said their ticket was not fair.
"I think I'm being ticketed wrongly," a motorist told Local 6 after being pulled over.
Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2007 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Text Size
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 AM

rufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud ofrufio27 has much to be proud of
Re: Cops... Wtf? Ftp!

thats just shitty... funny, but shitty
Old 02-17-2009, 12:53 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

we have not had one of these in a while....

but yea thats bull ****..everyone breaks the law..
Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

government's gotta get the 800 bazillion trillion dollars from somewhere
Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 AM

SmokechecK is a decent person

Phoenix was horrible this weekend. Had Highway Patrol, Coppers, and even got air support called on us just riding in a large group on the highway. Then I got pulled over for not having a red reflector...... then had 8 cop cars pull up on me. Horrible time. Won't be heading back there anytime soon. FTP!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
i dont know how that makes sense..

but i bet the police stations are getting effected by the economy,thats why they busting more people..******* pigs

not a good time to go wheelie on streets
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

guy looks more like a candy cane then santa
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 AM

Hammer.time is an unknown quantity at this point

+1.....if there are that many speeders it really shouldn't matter if they dress up or not. I think i would laugh though if i saw a cop dressed like the grinch handing out tickets
Old 02-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Siiiick

Sick Dave is a decent person

ftp ...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 AM

Tekanomics is a decent person

it's actuall 'entrapment' we had a guy on here a while back named rick from the bay area used to be a sheriff pulled out the law book n showed me bout that... good luck proving it in court though!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

*sigh*....
Old 02-18-2009, 02:05 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tekanomics
it's actuall 'entrapment' we had a guy on here a while back named rick from the bay area used to be a sheriff pulled out the law book n showed me bout that... good luck proving it in court though!
i dont know what you read but it certainly wasnt about speeding. you cant entrap someone to speed. entrapment is coercing someone to commit a crime they otherwise wouldnt have. simply standing by the side of the road using a radar/laser detector recording ppls speed is not entrapping anyone no matter what outfit youre wearing. you would have to prove that the cop caused you to speed, good luck on convincing a judge that an elf outfit caused you to break the law.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 AM

2007r6 is a decent person

f t p

you
pigs
Old 02-18-2009, 03:45 AM

kwbulldog1 is a decent person

they need to get their moey somehow I guess... I've heard of them dressing as bums and doing this but not something like this.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

thats funny **** . . . . the reason people feel cheated is cuz when you see the cop in a cruiser and u look at the speedo your like **** he got me . . . . but when you dont see the cop its a whole lot of what did i do . . . i didnt do antyhing wrong i wasnt going that fast

ftp for sure but its not entrapment the cop ain;t in the car egging you on to speed
Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 AM

wannastunt21 is a decent person

NEw law in fl, 1000$ a pop for a wheelie... 30 over you lose your bike and license
Old 02-18-2009, 07:44 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i laugh at speeders anyway. i used to get speeding tickets when i was like 18 cuz i was ******* retarded. after paying a few hundo in fines and having my license revoked for 6 months i realized how stupid it was to speed. it does nothing for me. i mean you can still speed and not get in ****. speed limit for highways here is 65 and i maintain my cruise control (traffic permitting) at 74mph gps verified and i pass cops all the time and never get stopped while everyone else is brake checking in panic mode. no need to do 90 mph man and if you do dont cry when you get caught. pay the fine and shut up. wheelies on the other hand make more sense, they pleasurable, they will get you hiney and admiration from your peers, its a good workout and the bike you wheelie on will outrun a police cruiser with ease, its a win/win situation.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:46 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wannastunt21
NEw law in fl, 1000$ a pop for a wheelie... 30 over you lose your bike and license
really that hasnt been covered 15000000 times already
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by wannastunt21
no genius its a tiered system. and its for 50mph over, a wheelie or having your license plate improperly affixed. damn man i keep having to correct ppl from floriduh on their own law

1st offense is 1000 fine,
2nd offense 2500 fine 1 year revocation
3rd offense is a felony mandatory 5000 fine with 10 year revocation of license
Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

They used to use those trucks with the buckets to make it look like they were fixing the power lines and radio ahead.

not sure how accurate that may be, but I def think county city or state will benefit from writing tickets, that are all atleast $100, every single minute for hours on end.

Originally Posted by wheelburns
thats funny **** . . . . the reason people feel cheated is cuz when you see the cop in a cruiser and u look at the speedo your like **** he got me . . . . but when you dont see the cop its a whole lot of what did i do . . . i didnt do antyhing wrong i wasnt going that fast

ftp for sure but its not entrapment the cop ain;t in the car egging you on to speed
good point, that makes alot of sense.

Quick Reply: Cops... Wtf? Ftp!