Just watch 199 lives - Travis Pastrana

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Just watch 199 lives - Travis Pastrana

Never seen this before but it got me to thinking. If this sport had someone that pushed it as hard as Travis & alot of the other guys do then I don;t see how it couldn't blow up to the big time.

Don't get me wrong I know alot of guys push it, Teach, Apex (Death Squad in gerneral) alot of guys but I never see that "DO OR DIE" push that guys like Pastrana have that gets you so excited as just a spectator.

Our sport seems to be focused on gracefullness rather than that "OH **** IS HE GONNA MAKE IT?!?!"

Maybe ramps are what we need to suceed
Old 01-31-2009, 10:34 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of
Re: Just watch 199 lives - Travis Pastrana

Originally Posted by THORPE
Never seen this before but it got me to thinking. If this sport had someone that pushed it as hard as Travis & alot of the other guys do then I don;t see how it couldn't blow up to the big time.

Don't get me wrong I know alot of guys push it, Teach, Apex (Death Squad in gerneral) alot of guys but I never see that "DO OR DIE" push that guys like Pastrana have that gets you so excited as just a spectator.

Our sport seems to be focused on gracefullness rather than that "OH **** IS HE GONNA MAKE IT?!?!"

Maybe ramps are what we need to suceed
A bike is what you need if i make my trip this year you better have a bike. if im coming down to the woodwork i wana see some Thorpe throw down and not on no motored ether
Old 01-31-2009, 10:35 PM

Griffy is a decent person

i just watched that to passed up goin out to the bar to sit and watch that.... it made me think to. i want to do a backflip off of a moving semi while jumping off the grand canyon with no helmet and a umbrella parachute..... but seriously i bet there are plenty of guys in our sport that have that mentality. Go big or go home!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 PM

what if somone backfliped a streetbike at XDL..... il try it. with some foam pit practice.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
A bike is what you need if i make my trip this year you better have a bike. if im coming down to the woodwork i wana see some Thorpe throw down and not on no motored ether
I got an old bike right now but don't worry I'm tryin my best to get a Motard

Just make sure you bring your bike with you when you make your trip..

Originally Posted by Griffy
i just watched that to passed up goin out to the bar to sit and watch that.... it made me think to. i want to do a backflip off of a moving semi while jumping off the grand canyon with no helmet and a umbrella parachute..... but seriously i bet there are plenty of guys in our sport that have that mentality. Go big or go home!
I enjoyed the **** outta the show it's on the DVR now.

What you say is true I agree people try to push it hard, I guess for spectators it's really hard to see when youre pushing the limits of a street bike till you wreck.

Streetbikes on a Half pipe would be awesome
Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by THORPE
I got an old bike right now but don't worry I'm tryin my best to get a Motard

Just make sure you bring your bike with you when you make your trip..

I enjoyed the **** outta the show it's on the DVR now.

What you say is true I agree people try to push it hard, I guess for spectators it's really hard to see when youre pushing the limits of a street bike till you wreck.

Streetbikes on a Half pipe would be awesome
It wouldn't be a trip without it
Old 01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

that would have to be one HEAVY DUTY Half pipe...

Lets Build it!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i was watching too....that car crash was crazy thought
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 PM

the thing is WE know they push limits. but to the person watching after they have seen one combo session they get bored. and its hard to keep them entertained if there isnt anything big in their eyes. maybe if they were better educated about the sport somehow before hand they would embrace it more? I know to us that know it and do it there is a crazy passion for it.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by Griffy
the thing is WE know they push limits. but to the person watching after they have seen one combo session they get bored. and its hard to keep them entertained if there isnt anything big in their eyes. maybe if they were better educated about the sport somehow before hand they would embrace it more? I know to us that know it and do it there is a crazy passion for it.

Call it Gay but I belive the only way to get the general public informed is with a Reality Series that takes you from basic whoolies to the newest tricks. Kinda like Crusty Dirt Demons but more focus on the technical side of it all.

I mean **** they make reality everything else TV
Old 01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Did anybody else think of the theme behind "Ghost Rider" while watching this show?

Think maybe his Dad made a deal with the devil???
Old 01-31-2009, 11:30 PM

good call on that. i was like holyshit i havnt broken near enough bones!!!! i need to get out there and start breakin ****.
all i know is that next xdl season im gona attempt a new backflip trick at every event already have a few and a few more works in progress. but no matter how u do a backflip off of a bike its not backfliping a bike....
wouldnt it be gangster if somone say a stuntrider switched over and did well at fmx then brought this into the games?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

I'm watching it now. Good stuff.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 AM

bink98xcab is a decent person

i just watched it too!! i been a long time fan of his for his lack of knowledge for the meaning of fear! the guy has no limits!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Travis Pastrana is to blame for my hyperactivity. Before I saw him ride, I was actually pretty normal.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:30 AM

bink98xcab is a decent person

after watchin it i know what you mean^ . even tho thers ice all over the place i feel like hoppn on the old Rm and go crazy!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:37 AM

Cincykillz is a decent person

i dont see our sport going anywhere just because of its nature its more than just wheelies i knew alot of kids that rode/raced dirtbikes when they were kids and never got sportbikes and between watching motogp or XDL out of the two id rather watch mx racing or mx freestlye due to the dangerous side of it because in motogp you will see a guy high side once in awhile and people lowside and go into a sand pit. XDL or any stunt comp the only crash people would really be interested in seeing in a controlled area would be a high speed flipped stoppie. non the less nothing beats being in the air or crashing in the air just my
Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 AM

i disagree with it going nowhere. it will go somwhere... just may take longer than a year or 2. its still new and finally getting some orginazation. maybe it just needs a GIANT publicity stunt... think about it.... one big trick that everyone wants to tell their friends how "crazy" stunt riders are. and WHAMO were in there like swimwear
Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i seen a guy back flip a 954 from a high chair burn out , after he woke up i helped him put the pieces of the bike in a truck so he could go home ....lol
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im not gonna get into the whole will this sport go any where argument but we have factory sponsored riders on just about every make of street bike and there is a tv show that is hosted by a stuntrider not to mention two national stunt series that have alot of events most of the year [stuntwars and xdl]and a host of other events and shows ...

in my opinion this sport has gone some where already and has the potential of getting even bigger ..

Quick Reply: Just watch 199 lives - Travis Pastrana