2009 Kawasaki zx6r opinion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 Kawasaki zx6r opinion thread.

I think the tail is way thinner, which may pose a slight problem, however the tank already comes dented. The pass pegs dont look to strong (for stunting) and the HP which is back to 599, and no more undertail exhaust. I think I still like the 05-06 the best still. That is after the durable f4i.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: 2009 Kawasaki zx6r opinion thread.

i want them to bring back the 636 prob a good back road killer tho
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

It should preform well for what its designed for, which isnt stunting....I still bought one and will make do as best I can....When Im done with my custom stunt parts it should be just as strong and reliable as any 05/06....

You cant expect 2009 bikes to be good stunt bikes right out of the box, every year they get ligher and lighter, which also means weaker...

Wait till you guys see the back half of the subframe, its made of paper....

Its still a kick *** sport bike, and should be a serous contender in 600 classes this year....
Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

lol at "already comes dented"

the bike over all sucks IMO and that "factory dent" is geared way more towards racing. the bike runs strong though, so probably be a great knee dragging bike.

seems like kawi gets worse and of course weaker every year.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by classic customs
lol at "already comes dented"

the bike over all sucks IMO and that "factory dent" is geared way more towards racing. the bike runs strong though, so probably be a great knee dragging bike.

seems like kawi gets worse and of course weaker every year.
Funny you say that when you own an 07, and the 09 is going to walk all over your 07....LOL

The bike ist going to be great at what its designed for, Kawi doesnt even think twice about stunters when designing a bike they want to win races...

And the 09 frame is actually stronger then the 07/08, the problem area (front mounts) are now connected to the head stock and is much more rigid...
Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
FTP

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Funny you say that when you own an 07, and the 09 is going to walk all over your 07....LOL

The bike ist going to be great at what its designed for, Kawi doesnt even think twice about stunters when designing a bike they want to win races...

And the 09 frame is actually stronger then the 07/08, the problem area (front mounts) are now connected to the head stock and is much more rigid...
i actually own several bikes. but i stunt a 07. street ride a 08 but its about junk.

how is the 09 going to " walk all over my 07" WTF does that even mean if your talking about speed then yea, my bike is not setup to race.......... now if your talking about stunt then you should know its not gonna be about the bike its gonna be about the person on it.

and with that said i have 100% confidence in ME and my 07 so bring it
Old 01-11-2009, 02:13 PM

i actually own several bikes. but i stunt a 07. street ride a 08 but its about junk.

how is the 09 going to " walk all over my 07" WTF does that even mean if your talking about speed then yea, my bike is not setup to race.......... now if your talking about stunt then you should know its not gonna be about the bike its gonna be about the person on it.

and with that said i have 100% confidence in ME and my 07 so bring it
The 09 outpreforms the 07/08 all over, just cause you dont own one doesnt mean you 07/08's are the better bike...People always tend to have that stupid opinion about the bike they own, its the best and the new one sucks cause thats not what they own...Bottom line is the 09 has more power then you 07/08, better suspension, Ohlins dampener, and its lighter....

Setup any bike properly and it will make a good stuntbike, then like you said its up to the riders...Obviously all the old pigs are going to be stronger and require less setup, but those dont win races anymore...And who wants to stunt a 2000 year bike? Not me I know that much, I want the newest bike out there...I'll deal with whatever problems arise....

Stunt riders saying the 09 ZX6R is a shitty bike is complete BS, first of all how many people 1- Own the new bike or 2- Have even ridden it yet? Before you start spitting out your useless and unfounded opinions of it? And its not a stunt bike untill you make it one, so if you havent set one up for stunting....What do you really know about it being a good or bad stunt bike?

If you said it was ugly, Id have nothing to say cause thats just personal opinion...

PS if you want to show off or prove yourself on you 07, enter a comp...I could care less and this isnt about whos a better rider anyways. Its about people makin assumptions on a 09 bike they dont own or havent ridden yet. The 07/08 isnt as good as the 03-05 for a stuntbike IMO, but people still kick *** one them aswell...So dont count the 09's out just yet...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:13 PM

+1 with what johnnyP said
Old 01-11-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s

+1 with what johnnyP said
Ive got
1 07/08
2 03/04
2 09's
at my shop right now being worked on, and I like something about each of them better then the others....Not one of them is a better bike all around, if I could have my way Id cut them in 3 pieces and glue the parts I like from each bike to make the ulitmate stuntbike..
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person

I LOVE MY JOHNNYP STUNT STAY!!! and when u ge ur 09 all set up, let me know what it takes to stunt um cuz i want one too
Old 01-11-2009, 02:32 PM
FTP

The 09 outpreforms the 07/08 all over, just cause you dont own one doesnt mean you 07/08's are the better bike...People always tend to have that stupid opinion about the bike they own, its the best and the new one sucks cause thats not what they own...Bottom line is the 09 has more power then you 07/08, better suspension, Ohlins dampener, and its lighter....

Setup any bike properly and it will make a good stuntbike, then like you said its up to the riders...Obviously all the old pigs are going to be stronger and require less setup, but those dont win races anymore...And who wants to stunt a 2000 year bike? Not me I know that much, I want the newest bike out there...I'll deal with whatever problems arise....

Stunt riders saying the 09 ZX6R is a shitty bike is complete BS, first of all how many people 1- Own the new bike or 2- Have even ridden it yet? Before you start spitting out your useless and unfounded opinions of it? And its not a stunt bike untill you make it one, so if you havent set one up for stunting....What do you really know about it being a good or bad stunt bike?

If you said it was ugly, Id have nothing to say cause thats just personal opinion...

PS if you want to show off or prove yourself on you 07, enter a comp...I could care less and this isnt about whos a better rider anyways. Its about people makin assumptions on a 09 bike they dont own or havent ridden yet. The 07/08 isnt as good as the 03-05 for a stuntbike IMO, but people still kick *** one them aswell...So dont count the 09's out just yet...
your getting it all twisted homie. i am not on here for a pissing contest. and yes i have rode and done a little stunting on the 09.
maybe you should go back and read what i put... i don't like the 09's i have a 08 and don't really like it that much. i am stunting a 07 (and yes i do compete) but overall i still prefer the 636's and about any year at that.

and trust me, and maybe you should take the time to do a little research. if i wanted to be stunting a 09 then you can believe i would be doing so.

at the shop we have a couple on the floor, and a few putting together. all the kneedraggers are giving it good reviews. but IMO i think the bike sucks. maybe i am still just missing the 636's if i was going to take a 09 bike it would not be the zx6. and again do some research on me i love and have always rode kawi, being in the position i am in i get to ride a great number of bikes. the 09 zx6r just dint do anything for me. maybe if i was a racer then i would like it. but i am not!

its probably that short weak *** tail section that killed it for me. and AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY OPPINION
Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kah707
I LOVE MY JOHNNYP STUNT STAY!!! and when u ge ur 09 all set up, let me know what it takes to stunt um cuz i want one too
So far the biggest issue is the back half of the subrame, rearsets are basically the exact same as last year. Ram air/fairing stay is a little stronger then all the previous versions(stronger plastic), but still reinforced plastic and needs to be replaced for FF.. And it can use a subcage, the rear brackets are about the same strength as the 05/08's, just a little longer....Also there is a big gap between the tail section and subframe, where your feet will be in a SS. So that will need some suppport added or somthing like a tail saver..

So in reality there is not much more that has to be done to this bike, then any of the previous ZX6R's or most other 600's for that matter...Most of the weight saviings comes from the bodywork, engine covers, and just making everything more simple...Less peices and less bulky stuff you dont really need...

Im just happy to see they connected the front motor mounts to the headstock, making them very rigid. And added webs..I cracked my 03/04 frame there and my friend cracked his 05/06 in the same area because of motor mount flexing ...So hopefully this will fix that problem....

I really liked the 07/08 as a street bike, its just hard to get used to the lack of torque/midrance comming from riding a 636 for so long...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM

your getting it all twisted homie. i am not on here for a pissing contest. and yes i have rode and done a little stunting on the 09.
maybe you should go back and read what i put... i don't like the 09's i have a 08 and don't really like it that much. i am stunting a 07 (and yes i do compete) but overall i still prefer the 636's and about any year at that.

and trust me, and maybe you should take the time to do a little research. if i wanted to be stunting a 09 then you can believe i would be doing so.

at the shop we have a couple on the floor, and a few putting together. all the kneedraggers are giving it good reviews. but IMO i think the bike sucks. maybe i am still just missing the 636's if i was going to take a 09 bike it would not be the zx6. and again do some research on me i love and have always rode kawi, being in the position i am in i get to ride a great number of bikes. the 09 zx6r just dint do anything for me. maybe if i was a racer then i would like it. but i am not!

its probably that short weak *** tail section that killed it for me. and AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY OPPINION
Honestly Im not that interested in you or what you do or can do, to do any kind of reseach....So I'll take your word for it....

You came off as one of those guys, that dont have the money or any intention to by an 09 bike...Yet have alot to say about how shitty they are, and how their 2000 F4 is the best bike ever made. If I was mistaken sorry thats just how it sounds...

Theres a guy on my local fourm that posted up in a thread started about whats new for you for 2009. The thread starter said it doesnt have to be an 09 bike, just something you got for the 09 season. And some looser actually said " Im building my 09 ZX7, None of the 2000+ year bikes do anything for me" "So Im going to customize my 98 ZX7, which is the best bike Ive ever ridden"...Give me a ******* break! This clown is saying hed rather have his 98 ZX7 over any other bike made between 2000-2009....
Old 01-11-2009, 02:57 PM
FTP

Honestly Im not that interested in you or what you do or can do, to do any kind of reseach....So I'll take your word for it....

You came off as one of those guys, that dont have the money or any intention to by an 09 bike...Yet have alot to say about how shitty they are, and how their 2000 F4 is the best bike ever made. If I was mistaken sorry thats just how it sounds...

Theres a guy on my local fourm that posted up in a thread started about whats new for you for 2009. The thread starter said it doesnt have to be an 09 bike, just something you got for the 09 season. And some looser actually said " Im building my 09 ZX7, None of the 2000+ year bikes do anything for me" "So Im going to customize my 98 ZX7, which is the best bike Ive ever ridden"...Give me a ******* break! This clown is saying hed rather have his 98 ZX7 over any other bike made between 2000-2009....

i hear ya . and no foul. i know exactly what your saying, i deal with those kinds of guys daily..

but i have never been one to jump on the band wagon, and just because i buy/ride something doesn't make it "the best" in my mind.

usually the opposite with me. i always seem to want what i don't have
Old 01-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Since you work at a Kawi dealer, can you tell me what promotions they are offereing on 09 ZX10/ZX6's in the US?

Me and 2 of my freinds bought 09 ZX6R's together, one of them was set on buying one from the start. The other guy was a die hard Honda fan, and owns a 03/04 600RR street/stunt bike and a 05/06 600RR lot stunt bike and was going to buy the 09 600RR...He changed his mind as soon as he found out 2 things, 1- Honda wont have the 09 CBR's available here in Canada till mid March! And 2- No deals they wont budge on the price and there are no promos.....

Its hard to say no to a Kawi in Canada with the promotion we have going here...Once he saw this it was a simple decision to give Kawi a try for 09.. We all chose the Akrapovic EVO exhauts...

http://www.kawasaki.ca/trackday
Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
FTP

not sure on the promotions. i just work in the race shop. seems like there right at 9 grand though. but like i said i don't get into the selling just the fixing and upgrading.

the good thing about it is the owner also owns a Honda/suzuki shop also so we get to do alot of good comparisons
Old 01-11-2009, 03:33 PM

not sure on the promotions. i just work in the race shop. seems like there right at 9 grand though. but like i said i don't get into the selling just the fixing and upgrading.

the good thing about it is the owner also owns a Honda/suzuki shop also so we get to do alot of good comparisons
Are the 09 Hondas in yet?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:52 PM
FTP

Are the 09 Hondas in yet?

not that i am aware of, i could be wrong though. i know some of the 09 off road stuff is in and i am pretty sure there is a dn-01 beast on the floor.

last i heard was the end of jan begining of feb on the sports. but again i could be wrong. i try and stay out of the honda shop
Old 01-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Rocketcrotch is a decent person

**** on kawi, get an RC8 lol
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketcrotch
**** on kawi, get an RC8 lol

Quick Reply: 2009 Kawasaki zx6r opinion thread.