idle wheelies/circles

Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM

errkgixxer7 is a decent person
idle wheelies/circles

whos doin idle wheelies/circles on a 06 07 gixxer! without a hb questions about adjusting the rear foot brake! theres a tab that wont let u adjust it all the way up cause mine is hecka squishy!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:39 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: idle wheelies/circles

Originally Posted by errkgixxer7
whos doin idle wheelies/circles on a 06 07 gixxer! without a hb questions about adjusting the rear foot brake! theres a tab that wont let u adjust it all the way up cause mine is hecka squishy!
If its squishy then you either need better fluid or a bleeding....Adjusting the pedal wont fix a mushy brake....
Old 11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

What he said...Rebleed it
Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 PM

sounds good the brakes have never been apart though! the reason i wanna move it up! cause its to low i wanna have it higher so its easier to have my foot on it!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by errkgixxer7
sounds good the brakes have never been apart though! the reason i wanna move it up! cause its to low i wanna have it higher so its easier to have my foot on it!
Some bikes come with really shitty fluid from OEM, and depending on how good or not so good you are you might have already cooked it...Then once its cooked once it boils at a lower temp each time after that...So it feels good when cold but once it gets hot enough you start to get fade and really mushy...It can get so bad you loose all pressure completley

I know that when I first started stunting I was hard on the brake, and could cook stock fluid in 5 mins....

Ever since Ive been running Motul RBF 600 and have never been able to cook it since....

It just sounds weird that you want to raise it, because Ive never seen or heard of anyone wanting to raise the brake pedal from the stock position. As everyone usually wants to lower it from stock, so your foot isnt stressing trying to cover it....
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM

thanx man ill get some fluid! cause when it is cold it does feel better. well for me my arch is on the peg and my foot is on the brake i wanna adjust so it responds faster maybe it just needs to be bled like u said ill work on it thanx!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

one of the squids that I ride with has an 04 GSXR 600.... not sure how similar they are, but his pedal was not in the most comfortable of positions, he improvised by forcing a Craftsman socket over the rubber piece to extend the pedal out almost 3 inches and then put skate board grip tape on it. You can keep your foot slightly angled out now... it helps.... I would try to use a small piece of heavy wall tubing as opposed to a socket, but the socket may actually be a tighter fit over the rubber since it is hexed.

hope this info is useful....

and change your fluid.......
Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I am

I pretty much agree with everyone's statements on here, and those pedals do come kinds set funny from the factory.
idle with foot brake on that bike and lever adjusted up is no problem ... I got a HB, but I don't use it much yet.

How are you moving the pedal up and down... and what hole do you have your rearset in... you do know those are adjustable too right? But explain in detail how you adjusted your pedal... Becuz I had a problem after adjusting mine, where when it was up so far if you just barely brushed your finger against the brembo lever it'd lock up the back brakes solid as hell and mouse trap ya... and also enough foot brake lever movement and it'd lock it up too!
Turns out I was adjusting the lever position wrong.. or my freind adjusted it wrong when he was poppin my bike's circle cherry.... I won't name names, but you know who you are... LOL