parking lots are safe!!!!!!!!!!dont pay your tickets!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person
parking lots are safe!!!!!!!!!!dont pay your tickets!!!!!!

ok im making this thread because of what happened to gary(and 1000's of other people)

IF your in "privite" PARKING LOT...BY PRIVATE I MEAN NOT OWNED by the state/or gov the police have no authuraty to give you a ticket unless the property owner calls and makes a formal written complaint against you( for example if you were riding in a wal-mart parking lot the cops couldnt give you a ticket unless walmart called to complain
this is because a privatly owned lot doesnt no fall under police juristiction also since it is not a public road way reg/saftey/insurance/driver license all are not needed...its kinda like being on a closed course

THE reason they give you tickets is because they hope you dont know any better and most likely will just pay the fine which probly 9 outa 10 people do so its a way to make money to them....
all you have to do is go to court show then either you have permisson to ride there or thats it a privite property and you would like to see a copy of the formal complaint against you(which they legaly have to provide to add in your defense)
95% of the time the judge will just desmiss the case

just dont make the mistake of giving the cop a bunch of lip cuz the moment you leave the spot he can get you for whatever he wants !!!!!

lol sorry about all the typos and spelling...hawaii public school didnt teach phonics lol i cant spell to save my life
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: parking lots are safe!!!!!!!!!!dont pay your tickets!!!!!!

Ehhh.. And who told you this?

I've heard that ANY parking lot that is connected to the street, is basically considered a street.

It is NOT like being on a closed course, unless of course, the parking lot is CLOSED OFF!

If that was the case, anyone could pulll into walmart, and drift there car sideways at 100mph.
Or people could just hit parking lots to street race.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
UDOWN?

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Ehhh.. And who told you this?

I've heard that ANY parking lot that is connected to the street, is basically considered a street.

It is NOT like being on a closed course, unless of course, the parking lot is CLOSED OFF!

If that was the case, anyone could pulll into walmart, and drift there car sideways at 100mph.
Or people could just hit parking lots to street race.
my lawyer, and the florida judge that took my license away for a year and put me in jail for a week in orlando..............

and you could except if everyone did that wal-mart and whoever would just start calling the cops and then they could legaly give

tickets

lol and i wasnt talking about just pulling off to the side of the road...im talking about the outa the way parking lots we find to stunt at.....and its not considered a street thats why police cant give parking tickets in a privite lot..the lot owner has to take it on them selves to get you towed

Last edited by I <3 wheelies; 11-07-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:14 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

i have heard so many different things on this matter, that i do not know what to believe! i have been riding at the same school now since 2003. if there is a game, or function going on, i will leave. i have spoken to all of the coaches and let them know if i was disturbing them to let me know and i would leave! they have always been real cool to me because of that! police have drove pass a billion times, and have never stopped to bother me. as far as a judge letting the ticket go? who knows! i guess it is just up to the judge.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
UDOWN?

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
i have heard so many different things on this matter, that i do not know what to believe! i have been riding at the same school now since 2003. if there is a game, or function going on, i will leave. i have spoken to all of the coaches and let them know if i was disturbing them to let me know and i would leave! they have always been real cool to me because of that! police have drove pass a billion times, and have never stopped to bother me. as far as a judge letting the ticket go? who knows! i guess it is just up to the judge.

my spot is the same way...dont get me wrong i wasnt saying this was the solution the the spot problem's......if a cop starts hasseling you at your spot and gives you a ticket your spot is pretty much blown....i was just trying to give a lil advice to maybe help people get off the ticket cuz i know no stunter can spare a $1000 for some lame ticket

when i was in fl for school i got arrested 2 times on a public road for wheelies and i was on probation when i got a third ticket in a parking lot....i was gonna be so fucked but my lawyer got me off cuz it wasnt a public road.....
Old 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
my spot is the same way...dont get me wrong i wasnt saying this was the solution the the spot problem's......if a cop starts hasseling you at your spot and gives you a ticket your spot is pretty much blown....i was just trying to give a lil advice to maybe help people get off the ticket cuz i know no stunter can spare a $1000 for some lame ticket

when i was in fl for school i got arrested 2 times on a public road for wheelies and i was on probation when i got a third ticket in a parking lot....i was gonna be so fucked but my lawyer got me off cuz it wasnt a public road.....
Or.... did your lawyer get you off just because... hes a lawyer and you paid him money?

I got off a dwi.. Doesn't mean it was legal to drink an drive! Just means I coughed up $500 to my lawyer
Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on the PRIVATE parking lots. solution solved is just get one of those handy dandy waivers signed by the owner :-D

and i was always weary of stuntin at schools...wasnt sure if that was technically a govt. facility or not...
Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM

joe98 is a decent person

around here you can get no tickets in a parking lot except for a reckless.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
JUST DO IT ALREADY

SOLO600 is a decent person

interesting information.. wont stop u from getting a ticket !! but a nice loophole to beat the system though...
Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

decent thread....but id say if you have a lot ...and for the few ppl that have permission.....ask a lawyer or someone who may know the laws for each state. that will help you out alot more im sure

and also, if you have permission..carry proof. that would also help when a cop harasses ya
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Or.... did your lawyer get you off just because... hes a lawyer and you paid him money?

I got off a dwi.. Doesn't mean it was legal to drink an drive! Just means I coughed up $500 to my lawyer
Never seen a lawyer take a DWI cause for 500 bucks...LOL... more like 5,000
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM
JUST DO IT ALREADY

SOLO600 is a decent person

Why is Law Enforcement Rousting Sport Motorcycle Riders?

10/18/06

04:48:59 pm, by Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. , 697 words, 1412 views
Categories: News, Articles, General Legal, Editorial

I have been holding off on writing this article because I knew it would be controversial in the motorcycle community. In the motorcycle world there are generally three types or classifications of motorcycle riders. There are those who ride cruisers such as Harley Davidson motorcycles; there are those who ride sport motorcycles; and there are those who ride anything in between.
Sport bikes, (crotch rockets) are motorcycles they can literally attain speeds of 150 mph plus.
I have received reports from numerous sources that law enforcement is cracking down on sport motorcycle riders for various reasons. There are being stopped for no apparent reason, and ticketed for no apparent reason.
Unfortunately, there is a minority of sport motorcycle riders that are giving a bad name to the rest of the sport bike motorcycle riders. They are; riding on city streets and freeways at excess speeds; they are doing stunts such as wheelies, burnouts, and other crazy things on city streets and freeways; and they are racing through canyons, city streets, and on the freeways.
As a motorcycle lawyer, I advise each motorcycle rider to follow the law. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for riding 100 miles an hour down a city street. I have personally witnessed sport bike riders doing insane things on the streets, in the canyons, and on the open road.
[More:]
What do you think law enforcement’s reaction is going to be to these kinds of stunts? Not only are the minority of sport bike riders who are riding like this on city streets, on the freeways, and in the canyons ruining it for all motorcyclists by doing the things that they are doing, they are ruining it for themselves. What do you think the cagers reaction to seeing stunts like this being performed on public streets is going to be? Of course they’re going to have a negative feeling about all motorcyclists after seeing such stunts. Furthermore, many will call the police.
We cannot expect the cagers to respect our right to ride on the open road, when they see some idiot riding a sport bike down a public street in excess of 100 mph.
I have read that so called stunt sport motorcyclist are trying to get their stunts put into the X. games. That sounds good to me. These types of stunts have no business being performed on public streets.
There is another side effect to the stunts that the stunt bike motorcyclists are doing on city streets; they are causing insurance rates to go up for all motorcyclists.
It is up to all of us in the motorcycle community to come down our brethren who are doing these types of stunts on public roads. Do not applaud them; chastise them, because they are ruining it for all of us. If sport bike motorcyclists want to perform stunts and test the speed of their motorcycles, they can always find private parking lots, or racetracks, instead of doing their deeds on public roads.
Make sure you get permission from the parking lot owner before you use their parking lot to do your stunts. Be advised, that even if you do get permission of the parking lot owner to do stunts, you still may be in violation of the law. I highly recommend consulting with an attorney if you are going to do things with your motorcycle that would be in violation of your states respective vehicle code.
I can tell you this; I am sick and tired of riding down Mulholland Highway on a Sunday ride, and seeing the California Highway Patrol stationed every quarter mile or so just to bust racing sport bike riders. Furthermore, I am sick and tired of seeing sport bike riders lying by the side of the road after crashing because they are racing on city streets.
The vast majority of sport bike riders that I know obey and follow the laws. They are being rousted by law enforcement because of the minority of sport bike riders that are doing the crazy things mentioned above.
If you want a race motorcycles, contact the American Motorcyclist Association, and I’m sure they can set you up.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 PM

jsmoke is a decent person

most judges won't listen to a word out your mouth unless you have a lawyer. I've tried to argue tickets in court before and just pisses them off and they fine you anyway.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SOLO600

10/18/06

04:48:59 pm, by Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. , 697 words, 1412 views
Categories: News, Articles, General Legal, Editorial

I have been holding off on writing this article because I knew it would be controversial in the motorcycle community. In the motorcycle world there are generally three types or classifications of motorcycle riders. There are those who ride cruisers such as Harley Davidson motorcycles; there are those who ride sport motorcycles; and there are those who ride anything in between.
Sport bikes, (crotch rockets) are motorcycles they can literally attain speeds of 150 mph plus.
I have received reports from numerous sources that law enforcement is cracking down on sport motorcycle riders for various reasons. There are being stopped for no apparent reason, and ticketed for no apparent reason.
Unfortunately, there is a minority of sport motorcycle riders that are giving a bad name to the rest of the sport bike motorcycle riders. They are; riding on city streets and freeways at excess speeds; they are doing stunts such as wheelies, burnouts, and other crazy things on city streets and freeways; and they are racing through canyons, city streets, and on the freeways.
As a motorcycle lawyer, I advise each motorcycle rider to follow the law. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for riding 100 miles an hour down a city street. I have personally witnessed sport bike riders doing insane things on the streets, in the canyons, and on the open road.
[More:]
What do you think law enforcement’s reaction is going to be to these kinds of stunts? Not only are the minority of sport bike riders who are riding like this on city streets, on the freeways, and in the canyons ruining it for all motorcyclists by doing the things that they are doing, they are ruining it for themselves. What do you think the cagers reaction to seeing stunts like this being performed on public streets is going to be? Of course they’re going to have a negative feeling about all motorcyclists after seeing such stunts. Furthermore, many will call the police.
We cannot expect the cagers to respect our right to ride on the open road, when they see some idiot riding a sport bike down a public street in excess of 100 mph.
I have read that so called stunt sport motorcyclist are trying to get their stunts put into the X. games. That sounds good to me. These types of stunts have no business being performed on public streets.
There is another side effect to the stunts that the stunt bike motorcyclists are doing on city streets; they are causing insurance rates to go up for all motorcyclists.
It is up to all of us in the motorcycle community to come down our brethren who are doing these types of stunts on public roads. Do not applaud them; chastise them, because they are ruining it for all of us. If sport bike motorcyclists want to perform stunts and test the speed of their motorcycles, they can always find private parking lots, or racetracks, instead of doing their deeds on public roads.
Make sure you get permission from the parking lot owner before you use their parking lot to do your stunts. Be advised, that even if you do get permission of the parking lot owner to do stunts, you still may be in violation of the law. I highly recommend consulting with an attorney if you are going to do things with your motorcycle that would be in violation of your states respective vehicle code.
I can tell you this; I am sick and tired of riding down Mulholland Highway on a Sunday ride, and seeing the California Highway Patrol stationed every quarter mile or so just to bust racing sport bike riders. Furthermore, I am sick and tired of seeing sport bike riders lying by the side of the road after crashing because they are racing on city streets.
The vast majority of sport bike riders that I know obey and follow the laws. They are being rousted by law enforcement because of the minority of sport bike riders that are doing the crazy things mentioned above.
If you want a race motorcycles, contact the American Motorcyclist Association, and I’m sure they can set you up.
WHOA!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by scandelous81
Never seen a lawyer take a DWI cause for 500 bucks...LOL... more like 5,000
well

mine was completely erased off my record

And got my turn signal dropped to a defective vehicle..

No probation, no "SIS" DROPPED!
$500 cash, plus $75 in court costs
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 AM

2007r6 is a decent person

its true you can get in trouble for riding in your own drive way unless you block it off to keep people from entering then it is a closed course
Old 11-08-2008, 02:56 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
my lawyer, and the florida judge that took my license away for a year and put me in jail for a week in orlando..............

and you could except if everyone did that wal-mart and whoever would just start calling the cops and then they could legaly give

tickets

lol and i wasnt talking about just pulling off to the side of the road...im talking about the outa the way parking lots we find to stunt at.....and its not considered a street thats why police cant give parking tickets in a privite lot..the lot owner has to take it on them selves to get you towed
Well as Law Enforcement in FLA. U may have interpreted this explination incorrectly because it's absolutley incorrect! There are several laws that specificailly apply to parking lots (Private) and operating vehicles. I'm sure *****, Dan, Token, Hazen ect will have a few stories (IN ORLANDO) about this specific issue!

I will tell you in FLA, Reckless Driving, Racing on the Hwy, DUI, Driving on Suspended Licenses all apply in Private lots!

Keeping in mind that circumstances are different in all cases that can change the outcome of specific issues!

PS. PAY TICKES Or FIGHT THEM BUT NOT PAYING WILL GET YOUR LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Last edited by FrankieG; 11-08-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 AM

Griffy is a decent person

ive been cool as **** with the cops in my town like everytime they harass me i just smile and tell them if im causing a problem il leave or if im being to loud il shut it down... i do have permision to ride a lot in the middle of town so they get called often.... but u can get a ticket for not having the lot blocked off, DUI, and burnouts... if the lot isnt blocked off its considered wreckless driving... becuase "worst case scenario" your bike hits a innocent onlooker that happened to drive up in the lot.. but i have been cool with the cops and they let me get away with riding anywhere. they just drive by and wave or come up and tell me i must be crazy for doing those stunts... at first they gave me tickets but i kept up with it and they all seem to enjoy watching it now. i think its just how u act. if your a dick to them they are gona get a powertrip and **** with you all the time. if you are decent with them the may be decent with you.... not in all cases but it worked for me.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:15 AM

SloppyLobster is a decent person

Originally Posted by SxRacer108
+1 on the PRIVATE parking lots. solution solved is just get one of those handy dandy waivers signed by the owner :-D

and i was always weary of stuntin at schools...wasnt sure if that was technically a govt. facility or not...

I go to a nearby school once in awhile, havent had to talk to anyone yet but i always remeber back to the "This is private property, you cant skate here". Usualy heard this from the principal, a teacher, or a security guard so if your ever getting hassled by the cops, try bringing that up.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:18 PM

KingR6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SloppyLobster
I go to a nearby school once in awhile, havent had to talk to anyone yet but i always remeber back to the "This is private property, you cant skate here". Usualy heard this from the principal, a teacher, or a security guard so if your ever getting hassled by the cops, try bringing that up.
I got pulled over for riding my snowmobile in the ditch next to the school because i was trespassing on "government property" so watch your ***
never got a ticket just a warning

Last edited by KingR6; 11-08-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: parking lots are safe!!!!!!!!!!dont pay your tickets!!!!!!