What Kind of Clip-ons? vortec, wood craft, 0 degree 10 degree??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold
What Kind of Clip-ons? vortec, wood craft, 0 degree 10 degree??

ok ok so i know i didnt use the search engine, sorry shoot me. But im getting a f4i here in the next week and i wanna set it up right, the first time. Im always changing **** like crazy on everybike ive ever had. So i want clip-ons just because of the style it gives and plus they are gangster to me but i dont want stockers this time. Ive never bought aftermarket ones and im kinda lost on the degree that would fit me? i want almost staight ones kinda like dirt bars give ya but would that mean i want zero degree? And plus would i hurt anything on a f4i by dropping the front a little and putting them on top? i know i did that on my 600rr and my tire hit the radaitor and broke it.. I anyone has any input help me out i just wanna make this bike right

And plus is there really a difference between the off brand ones and the vortec ones? or the vortec and woodcraft? would all the tubes still fit each other?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person
Re: What Kind of Clip-ons? vortec, wood craft, 0 degree 10 degree??

woodcrafts...

P- (484) 494-3136
Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

its a matter of personal preference
Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

the degree is the angle that it puts back wards right? not up and down? i know stupid question, but i was in the specail classes in high school
Old 09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Lit
the degree is the angle that it puts back wards right? not up and down? i know stupid question, but i was in the specail classes in high school
no the degree is up or down. back to fron its adjusted just by rotating it on the fork
Old 09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... WEll hell yea i want zero degree's then! but now can i put them on top with out hurting anything?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

might be dum question but i thought the clip ons were on top stock for f4i??
Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

I like woodcrafts or flipped 636
Old 09-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Originally Posted by Cincykillz
might be dum question but i thought the clip ons were on top stock for f4i??
to be honest i never rode a stock f4i, ive rode like a million crunchy ones....stock 636 clip-ons look like poop poo thoguh
Old 09-28-2008, 05:11 PM

skoh will become famous soon enough

had my info wrong.

Last edited by skoh; 09-28-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Lit
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... WEll hell yea i want zero degree's then! but now can i put them on top with out hurting anything?
unless you have a 92954 front end, they go on top normally
Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

Stock
Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Originally Posted by skoh
get a ho hey upper buddy, ****'s official.. you don't need to lower the font end. looks pimp too
+1 thats a hell of a ideal! hummmmm hohey and zero degrees.... i wonder if a scotts will still mount on it? i already have a hohey 4 piston bracket for it and im working on some rearsets! i want this bitch to be hohey-ed out! i should have about a g so i should be able to get some crap done
Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Originally Posted by MikeM
unless you have a 92954 front end, they go on top normally
im having to sell my 1000rr front end to get this bike though... its kinda sad.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:22 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Lit
im having to sell my 1000rr front end to get this bike though... its kinda sad.
stock f4i forks are long, the clipons are supposed to go on top. a hohey top clamp would be pointless. Now if you were to put 1000rr forks on, those are short and a hohey clamp would be almost mandatory to mount the clipons on top.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by ShookONes
Stock
vortex clipons in stock postion = staggard wheelies
Old 09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

ok thanks for the help guys, im going to take my time on setting this bike up. even though its killing me not riding right now but i want this f4i to last me awhile. I got a pretty big shop i work at and alot of fab. tools i think i may even try to make a under tail exhaust for it using a 1000rr muffler and a make a little turn down to shoot under the stock tag bracket. But now thats going to be a tread for later
Old 09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

ive heard of 10 degree ones...who makes them?
standard woodcraft (your best bet) and vortex (you might wait awhile) are 7 degrees and FI are 0, am i correct?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ive heard of 10 degree ones...who makes them?
standard woodcraft (your best bet) and vortex (you might wait awhile) are 7 degrees and FI are 0, am i correct?
i saw 10 degrees on ebay(some off brand), and yea your right vortec is 7 degrees and fi are 0. i want 0 degrees though. which im looking for the woodcraft ones right now
Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

stuntme makes 10 degree clipons, if they're still around

Quick Reply: What Kind of Clip-ons? vortec, wood craft, 0 degree 10 degree??