Stainless Or Kevlar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Stainless Or Kevlar?

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Goodridge premade kits use steel fittings and bolts, comparing those to lines with aluminum anodized fittings and bolts is comparing apples to oranges.......

fitting are what determines the price, aluminum anodized stuff costs roughly %40 more....
Mine were all custom aluminum. No premade for me
Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
Mine were all custom aluminum. No premade for me
Ah then you must be leaving something out, like a dicount you get or something?

I know that if I buy a Galfer steel plated banjo fitting its roughly $10 each, that exact same fitting in anodized aluminum is almost $20 each.....Steel banjo bolts are like $2, aluminum anodized are $5....The line is the same price no matter which fittings you use, thats why I say the fittings and bolts determine the price....

I used to build my own, but for $305 for a complete bike with aluminum fittings and in any colour combination you want...Im just buying them premade from now on....And I love the fact you can rotate the Spiegler fittings!

The good thing about building your own with compression fittings, is you can always reuse the fittings with a new ferrel and line...And make new lines with them, over and over....
Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

ok I see what you said now dude...the inner core is reinforced. gotcha...i don't give a flying **** what they look like as long as they work A-1 crackas. I'm not into really decorating my bike like a girl color codes her clothes. but even regular upgrades can be pricey as a ****!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by poni
ok I see what you said now dude...the inner core is reinforced. gotcha...i don't give a flying **** what they look like as long as they work A-1 crackas. I'm not into really decorating my bike like a girl color codes her clothes. but even regular upgrades can be pricey as a ****!
Then it wont matter, just buy whatever you can get the best deal on...No aftermarket line I have ever bought or built, has been better then others in performance...They just look different
Old 09-23-2008, 04:44 PM

03zx6rrNICK is a decent person

ok so if kevlar and stainless are almost similar then wat is a good line? like brand and ****. i got galfer ss on my other zx6rr and they are pretty good. some fade after tons of stoppies. also wat bout pads? im just rebulding my 636 and dont want to put bunch of cheap **** on it. thanks alot
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

stainless!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Kevlar is 1/3 the weight of stainless but does not have the same feel. The Kevlar has the feel like it is between a stock rubber line and a stainless. It all depends on rider preference. I personally like the stainless lines.

-AC
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM

ok thanks alot aaron and kane. I met you during indy moto gp. Wensday night ride I was the guy on the green zx6rr doin the wheelie down 31. Then got your autograph later. Good job at xdl man.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 PM

johnny wanna sell them brake lines? haha i like the colors
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

I am a fan of stainless