f4i front end sucks. help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:41 AM

twentythreemx is a decent person
f4i front end sucks. help?

Stock f4i front end with db bars.. doing stoppies the front end goes NUTS. You can like feel it vibrating a ton. almost feels like the brake is rapidly grabbing and letting go.

also when i wheelie you can see the front wheel stop turning like instantly.. so the front tire is like draggin. But when its off the ground and you spin it it doesnt grab sometimes and then is free, it just is shitty the whole rotation.. which pushes me away from thinking shitty rotors.. but i dont know?

its been bled and gots plenty of fluid. New brake pads also. Tried 2 sets of calipers, same issues. not sure if the brakes dragging could be related to my front end shaking so bad or what... but anyone got any ideas? Its going to kill me one of thse days if i keep trying stoppies like this. You never know what its going to do.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i front end sucks. help?

I'm thinking bent wheel or rotor????? I would say bent fork, but you said it does weird **** when you wheelie.....thats all my guesses
Old 09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
i dont ride whillies

moto_223 is a decent person

my **** does the same thing, i cant even bring a stoppie up on it, ive had alot of good riders tell me its my rotors for sure, try it, then get a damper
Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
I'm thinking bent wheel or rotor????? I would say bent fork, but you said it does weird **** when you wheelie.....thats all my guesses
your an idiot... how the **** would a bent for cause vibration????

its the rotors
Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

weird no clue, check wheel bearings????
Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Could be rotors

or could just be basic maintainence..

what year is the bike? When is the last time the calipers were cleaned?? When is the last time the steering stem bearings were replaced??
Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM

trickdaddy20 is an unknown quantity at this point

get a 954 front end:YEAH
Old 09-06-2008, 02:06 PM

gimme a 954 front end ill gladly use it hahahha

its an 01 tried 2 sets of calipers the 2nd set were like new.. think ill start w/ the rotors first..

someone mentioned maybe the master?? could something be screwed up to where its not releasing pressure from the pads off the rotors?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

check ur sterring tube see if its loose. my f4i forks are the same way, GARBAGE feals like the master is taking a **** too, i still am learning stoppies on the stock shitty setup ,that way when i get something good like 954, 600rr or gsxr forks it will be game over! :YEAH

Originally Posted by twentythreemx
Stock f4i front end with db bars.. doing stoppies the front end goes NUTS. You can like feel it vibrating a ton. almost feels like the brake is rapidly grabbing and letting go.

also when i wheelie you can see the front wheel stop turning like instantly.. so the front tire is like draggin. But when its off the ground and you spin it it doesnt grab sometimes and then is free, it just is shitty the whole rotation.. which pushes me away from thinking shitty rotors.. but i dont know?

its been bled and gots plenty of fluid. New brake pads also. Tried 2 sets of calipers, same issues. not sure if the brakes dragging could be related to my front end shaking so bad or what... but anyone got any ideas? Its going to kill me one of thse days if i keep trying stoppies like this. You never know what its going to do.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen people roll 500 ft stoppies on stock f4i front ends set up right.

sounds like bent rotors to me.

Get the bike on a front stand that lifts it from the fork bottoms or steering stem hole.

Remove the calipers and spin the wheel while watching for a bent wheel and or rotors. If you want to get real crazy use a runout gauge on them. But if the rotors or bent badly enough you will see them wobble by eye.
Ive seen wheel bearings lock up at a certain degree of rotation also check them too. They can get so messed up you can barley hammer the front axel out. Good luck
Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Make sure you have the pinch bolts/axle tightened correctly.
That line around your axle is a mark for where to line your axle up inside the forks. get that side tight then push the front end down real hard. THen tighten the other fork's pinch bolt. After your all through then lastly tighten the bolt into the end of the axle.

THat should free thingd up if you follow the right steps.

If that don't fix it then get new rotors.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:12 PM

thx for the suggestions guys. appreciated
Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 PM

threw some new rotors on and made sure the front end is all aligned up nicely... feels alot better havnt tried to roll anything tho just popped it up in front of my house a few times like a squid but no crazy vibrations like before.. hopefully its good
Old 09-18-2008, 08:07 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

did you ever try to grab your old rotors and shake them? My old front end had movement around those bearing things between the rotor and the center piece.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:06 PM

never really tried that.. i thought they were supposed to have a litle play in them anyways?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

if its not the the rotors id check the front end bearings
Old 09-20-2008, 12:14 AM

stuntnail is a decent person

Originally Posted by twentythreemx

Pull the front axle out and check it with a straigh edge. Also if you dont have hi rise risers and you dropped the fourk tubes even with the upper tripple tree this will cause all kinds of funny sh?t to happen. turn your preload adjusters most or all the way in, set your comression in the middle and the rebound to the slowest setting that should help you out a little
Old 09-20-2008, 12:53 AM

polish projecti is a decent person

steering head barring, right under your triple clamp. I have the same problem, mine wont stay tight! they shake loose like every 500th whoolie
Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

sol5269 is an unknown quantity at this point

i've never felt embarrassed to hear what people have to say but... WHAT THE ****... ur all retarded (except for the people who said bent rotors)... first off if u cant figure out whats wrong with ur bike then dont ride... second dont come on here to ask a question cause ur gonna get all the wrong answers... theres only a couple of people u want to get answers from on here... omr and kj are the two i'd ask... but they'll only answer if ur not a retard... so do some homework on ur bike and who knows u might actually be a "stunt rider"... usually i dont say anything but i couldn't pass this one up... so slap some rotors on that bitch and go flip a stoppie or two