Story Time! ME Looping Out Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person
Story Time! ME Looping Out Yesterday

August 5th 2008 a Tuesday evening, the wind was a factor all day as my R6 was bobbing up in down like a boat at sea. One after another the wheelies were flowing. After and hour of play time i decided to head home with my buddy following me it was time for one last stand up b4 my exit ramp. BLOW 3rd gear and were up....... hanging hangins okay great, wind bobbibg me a lil but i feel good..... 7/10ths of a mile goes by and i catch a gust that rocks me right back..... scrape....boooom and im skidding at 90mph on my forarms facedown in the highway, after coming to a hault i jumped right up ran to my bike in mt stocking feet because i threw my shoes off in a fit of joyand there i noticed my bike which regurgitated every ounce of oil out of the smashed oil case. but that was it.... my frame slider did its job and left minor rash on my plastic, i only broke my tail plastic from looping and all i ending up with was rashed forarm and toes and ankles. im lucking not bad for 90mph loop.....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: Story Time! ME Looping Out Yesterday

u should have a had a jacket on. hope ur ok.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

get out of 3rd gear, and learn brake control and you would not be going 90 mph.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:15 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

oh hell, heard of hte rear brake?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Precison Performance Co.

honestly i have never touched my rear brake ever doing wheelies i dont know y.... i just feel like my engine brake does enuff, i know its my fault and i deserve it but 2nd it to resposive and i can jack themup in 3rd at the same speed it didt feel like i was doing 90 but the kid following me said he was doing 87 idk
Old 08-06-2008, 12:19 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
August 5th 2008 a Tuesday evening, the wind was a factor all day as my R6 was bobbing up in down like a boat at sea. One after another the wheelies were flowing. After and hour of play time i decided to head home with my buddy following me it was time for one last stand up b4 my exit ramp. BLOW 3rd gear and were up....... hanging hangins okay great, wind bobbibg me a lil but i feel good..... 7/10ths of a mile goes by and i catch a gust that rocks me right back..... scrape....boooom and im skidding at 90mph on my forarms facedown in the highway, after coming to a hault i jumped right up ran to my bike in mt stocking feet because i threw my shoes off in a fit of joyand there i noticed my bike which regurgitated every ounce of oil out of the smashed oil case. but that was it.... my frame slider did its job and left minor rash on my plastic, i only broke my tail plastic from looping and all i ending up with was rashed forarm and toes and ankles. im lucking not bad for 90mph loop.....
You are beyond lucky, you should probably be dead. Go buy a lotto ticket and throw a buck in the communion plate....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:27 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

honestly i have never touched my rear brake ever doing wheelies i dont know y.... i just feel like my engine brake does enuff, i know its my fault and i deserve it but 2nd it to resposive and i can jack themup in 3rd at the same speed it didt feel like i was doing 90 but the kid following me said he was doing 87 idk
not trying to be an ***, but you should really learn brake control before doing street wheelies. there is no reason to be going 90 mph down the hywy in a wheelie! thats just the way it is... learn how to use your brake!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Precison Performance Co.

i know exactly what you mean and i am going to practice, but its funny how other ppl on here say you dont need your back brake unless your your doing slow ****
Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

i know exactly what you mean and i am going to practice, but its funny how other ppl on here say you dont need your back brake unless your your doing slow ****

oh yah and who says that?? point them my way.

And if you had any brake control, when the gust of wind threw u back, you could easily correct...instead of dying.

And I call BS on wrecking at 90mph no gear and only a little rash on your forearm. If you were sliding on your front, you would be a leaky radish.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

90 miles an hour no jacket = hospital.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Stu-Pac is a decent person

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
90 miles an hour no jacket = hospital.
= STUPID
Old 08-06-2008, 01:25 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude you're crazy, I always cover the brake on interstate wheelies for exactly the reason you looped, engine brake can only bring you back so much. You are definitely lucky to have lived through that! go learn some coasters, and rear brake before risking your life again man! and holly crap buy some gear! glad your ok!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Notice how everytime a squid wrecks a highway wheelie, it was a "gust of wind"

Hope you aint too beat up! But don't blame it on the wind, after all you were the one wheeling in the wind
Old 08-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Yeah not doubting that your crash was at somewhat of high speeds but definitely not 90 Name:  000201D8.gif
Views: 4
Size:  76.0 KB
Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Ummmmmmmm, yeah.

Rear brake.

Gear.

Ummmmmmm, SLOW DOWN OR YOU WILL END UP DEAD
Old 08-06-2008, 01:41 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

this is proof enough that engine brake alone wont save you

yea everyone was killing off the peg tricks without a handbrake back in the day, but in third gear youre not gonna have enough engine brake to save you
Old 08-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

why would you do wheelies at 90 mph? because it's more fun than 89mph.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nsanedirty6
why would you do wheelies at 90 mph? because it's more fun than 89mph.
its called highway killing, and its a lot of fun. somehow over the past 5 years its started to disappear, but it will never go away completely.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeM
its called highway killing, and its a lot of fun. somehow over the past 5 years its started to disappear, but it will never go away completely.
If your talking about him crashing, then yes I guess it could be considered high "killing"
Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i love killin whoolies on the high way,, but 3rd gear? come on... no ******* engine brake in 3rd... and if 2nd is to responsive then you need to learn how to get smoother and quick choping trees down.

Quick Reply: Story Time! ME Looping Out Yesterday