Florida Title/Registration Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:31 PM

BlackRyan is a decent person
Florida Title/Registration Fees?

I'm only 17, and I'm buying a bike with a clean title for the first time soon. It's only $600 from this guy thats moving. I'm just trying to figure out how much all the Fee's and registration would be. by the way its a 1997 Kawasaki ZX6R.

I've done some research on it and I've only come up with this:
$20.13 - To register in August
$23 - biennial fee

What other fees do I need to consider?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 PM

CMantis is a decent person
Re: Florida Title/Registration Fees?

Originally Posted by BlackRyan
I'm only 17, and I'm buying a bike with a clean title for the first time soon. It's only $600 from this guy thats moving. I'm just trying to figure out how much all the Fee's and registration would be. by the way its a 1997 Kawasaki ZX6R.

I've done some research on it and I've only come up with this:
$20.13 - To register in August
$23 - biennial fee

What other fees do I need to consider?
You should really contact your DMV about this. You will need to pay sales tax, registration, insurance, inspection and you will need to take the MSF course if you don't already have your license. I believe the course is free but since it is now mandatory the free ones might fill up fast meaning you would have to look into a private one usually at a community college.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Hate the smell of TPD

Dan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the rough

less then a $100 bucks to get a tag and registration. you dont need insurance but a motorcycle license will help. to get a license can run from $100-275 depending were you get it. look around and you should be able to do the course pretty cheap.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by thunderacedan
less then a $100 bucks to get a tag and registration. you dont need insurance but a motorcycle license will help. to get a license can run from $100-275 depending were you get it. look around and you should be able to do the course pretty cheap.
well I forgot to add the bike is not running, is it a necessity to have a license before buying a bike?

The last bike I had was a 94 CBR 600 which I basically bought and fixed myself, it had a salvage title and I just bought it cash, and took it to a lot a few times until it kept breaking down and I just gave up and parted it out
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Hate the smell of TPD

Dan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the rough

well that might cost a bit depending whats wrong with the bike. no you dont need to have a license to buy a bike, i rode several different bikes for over 3 years with out a motorcycle license and finally got popped by the man for not having one and had to go take that stuiped *** course
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 PM

well that might cost a bit depending whats wrong with the bike. no you dont need to have a license to buy a bike, i rode several different bikes for over 3 years with out a motorcycle license and finally got popped by the man for not having one and had to go take that stuiped *** course
I'm not worried about the cost to fix it because I don't need the bike at the moment so i can save up as long as I want to get it fixed

I just want to get all the paperwork done with before that guy moves.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Hate the smell of TPD

Originally Posted by BlackRyan
I'm not worried about the cost to fix it because I don't need the bike at the moment so i can save up as long as I want to get it fixed

I just want to get all the paperwork done with before that guy moves.

theres really no paper work you need to do, just make sure the guys fills the title out (a bill of sale forum would be good to just incase) and take it to the dmv and spend the 90 bucks and get it titled and registerd so when its fixed your ready to ride.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM

theres really no paper work you need to do, just make sure the guys fills the title out (a bill of sale forum would be good to just incase) and take it to the dmv and spend the 90 bucks and get it titled and registerd so when its fixed your ready to ride.
Thanks for your help man