legit LOTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM

FreeSilver is a decent person
legit LOTS

just a feeler on a lil venture here guys... if you had the choice, how much will you pay to stunt in a lot with no worries at all, about cops, or anything else? Will that take away from the whole stunt scene, or will it benifit the sport specially with all these stupid f*ing laws comming out.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: legit LOTS

depends how close to home it is. If its within 20 minutes, id pay a hundred or 2 for a year. If not, maybe $5 per day

also the pavement would have to be QUALITY
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i seriously doubt anyone would pay to ride in a lot...i know i wouldnt.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i seriously doubt anyone would pay to ride in a lot...i know i wouldnt.
Sometimes (weekdays during the day) theres just no good place to ride
Old 07-28-2008, 10:33 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeM
Sometimes (weekdays during the day) theres just no good place to ride
yah i know but like, i come from the skate industry and actually built and operated a park and it barely made enough money to scrape by. some places skateparks are real big (california) and actually make loot but the majority of places are poor and ppl cant afford to drop 12 or 15 dollars everyday to what they do. i see it the same if someone offered a lot for riding at a cost. theyd have to charge enough to make it worth it, pavement and land is not cheap, and it might be popular for a few months but eventually that **** starts straining the wallet, especially us cuz were always broke anyway buying parts. i wouldnt pay to ride in a lot when i can ride the streets for free...and theres always a lot somewhere u can get away with riding. just takes a little luck to find em sometimes.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:40 AM

ok forget how much it will cost and all that, how much will anyone think it feasable to pay? 50 bucks for the whole season? lol but u gotta pay for the red bull and gatorade
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM

YoungBuck is a decent person

Must have miss the add for riding the streets for free

Riding the streets comes with a payout to. Often much larger then this 5 dollars a day you speak of.

Id pay 5 dollars a day to ride a lot around here. Just to get rid of the chance of paying out large fines and loosing my license. With the fines you get a round here you can ride this 5 dollar lot for a couple of years worry free. :YEAH
Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

I would pay but there would be no way that you could find insurance cheep enough to keep costs low if it were like a business. It could always be run like a skate park pay per time you go or for a year. Maybe it could work.
But if there were just some guy that owned a lot and said the only way me and my friend could ride on it I'd definitely do that if the money was right.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by YoungBuck
Must have miss the add for riding the streets for free

Riding the streets comes with a payout to. Often much larger then this 5 dollars a day you speak of.

Id pay 5 dollars a day to ride a lot around here. Just to get rid of the chance of paying out large fines and loosing my license. With the fines you get a round here you can ride this 5 dollar lot for a couple of years worry free. :YEAH
if you pull over when a cop sees u doing a wheelie and youre on a bike that goes 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds.... youre silly
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Nellie636 is a decent person

im with youngbuck on this one, id pay 100$ a month to ride in a large lot. i found a few abandoned warehouses that im trying to get in contact with the property manager to see what it would cost me a month for the lot, but considering im about to lose my L's cause of this bike it might be worth it.

ps: easy to run when ur on the streets but not on the freeway! damn 110 top speed thats where ive gotten all my tickets (6 wheelie tickets this year) and all by chp motorcycle cops
Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 AM

yamarobb is a decent person

yea thy just started a spot like this outside cleveland ohio, just before i moved, but i belive it was 10 dollars a day, and the only rules where no alcohol and u had to where a helmet, but since i no longer live in **** *** ohio, i don't knoww how well it's going.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 AM

yamarobb is a decent person

yea thy just started a spot like this outside cleveland ohio, just before i moved, but i belive it was 10 dollars a day, and the only rules where no alcohol and u had to wear a helmet, but since i no longer live in **** *** ohio, i don't know how well it's going.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
if you pull over when a cop sees u doing a wheelie and youre on a bike that goes 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds.... youre silly

Hmm when your on a dual sport that goes from 0 to a top speed of 103 in like 23 seconds. your *** best be pulling over or going off road. You have no chance in hell.

Last edited by YoungBuck; 07-28-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM

swannjcs is a decent person

**** i lost my licence for 100 days an got 70 days in jail suspended for **** on the street

id pay 75-100 a mo.

but yea it would have to be a nice spot with no worries.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

nobody will have a successful stunt spot making five dollars a day per person...

There is a local Moto track here and they are a little expensive but well worth it. Its a full blown moto cross track with double. triples, table tops n all. People have got hurt there over the years including multiple spinal injuries that have left kids paralized. I mention this because a legit stunt spot would be the same category as a moto cross track and insurance would probably be similar. I assume the insurance to run a spot will be expensive. I would pay 20 dollars a day to ride with a five dollars per day membership fee... So thats twenty five dollars a day without membership. With membership....365 dollars a year with unlimited riding access any time the spot is open....
Old 07-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Sportmax is a decent person

Id pay a few hondo a year to ride legaly in a good clean lot.
But what i don't get is why the parks and rec can build kids skate parks and out door roller hockey rinks and let them ride for free but we cant get ****. And ours would probably be even cheaper to build!!!
All we get is a bad story on the news when we even try to get permission to ride some where!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:05 PM
i dont ride whillies

moto_223 is a decent person

i would pay, i race motocross alot and its anywhere from 25-50 a day to do that and its worth it to me to have somewhere good to ride...it would be hard to set up a stunt spot like that though....squids doing power wheelies everywhere and a **** ton of people in your way...it just wouldent work. if you knew someone with private property who said you and your boys could ride and you guys only for a fee then that would be cool...but if u live in michigan, make sure u got gates on private property or "its open to the public" according to the cop that gave me a reckless this weekend on private property with permission
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Sportmax is a decent person

Originally Posted by moto_223
make sure u got gates on private property or "its open to the public" according to the cop that gave me a reckless this weekend on private property with permission
We bring cones and block off the parking lot so its not open to the public. cones are cheap!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sportmax
We bring cones and block off the parking lot so its not open to the public. cones are cheap!!!

cheaper then that reckless driving ticket

fight that **** :YEAH
Old 07-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by moto_223
i would pay, i race motocross alot and its anywhere from 25-50 a day to do that and its worth it to me to have somewhere good to ride...it would be hard to set up a stunt spot like that though....squids doing power wheelies everywhere and a **** ton of people in your way...it just wouldent work. if you knew someone with private property who said you and your boys could ride and you guys only for a fee then that would be cool...but if u live in michigan, make sure u got gates on private property or "its open to the public" according to the cop that gave me a reckless this weekend on private property with permission
dude ur post is what got me the inquire about this, only thing is new jersey might be the first spot if this goes down key wrd first. Seems like everyone is paying more attention to the business aspect of it, tell u the truth that part is covered, reason i mentioned the pay part was to kinda feel out the community. So the Pa NY peeps chime in

Quick Reply: legit LOTS