05-06 636 dislikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
05-06 636 dislikes?

I am thinking of ditching my F4I & getting a kawi again. I have had 2 03 636's but I want to try out the 05-06.
I want to know the downsides of this bike for stunting. I already know the sub is weak but I'm not a big scraper anyways.
so let's hear it, I wanna know real downsides to this year model to help me decide.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
Re: 05-06 636 dislikes?

never rocked a 636. but i probly wouldnt want to. i never have liked kawasaki or yamaha. just suzuki and honda.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Never really stunted one but rode many when I worked at a shop.

Power is incredible
Front end awesome
Rear pegs are super high and uncomfortable and so are the front pegs
They look killer too
Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I hate how far the upper is from you when you're sitting on it. Feels like it's a mile away
Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I have rode many at work also but I wanna know dislikes for one being stunted
Old 07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by nags
I hate how far the upper is from you when you're sitting on it. Feels like it's a mile away
good observation. I noticed that also
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I have rode many at work also but I wanna know dislikes for one being stunted

Figured Id just throw those super obvious points out there for ya
Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 AM

JAYS-ON-ONE is a decent person

i rock the 06 636 and love everything about it but the tank being half plastic it sucks for denting. other that that the bike is the perfect stunting machine.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently had to sell my f4i due to the fact that I was broke as **** but luckily for me my wifey has an 05 636 that we share now. At first it was weird because it was so much different than the f4ez but now that I have been on it for a few months it is great. I've heard that the subframe is weak but I haven't had any problems. I just scrape the stock pipe but I'm not into scraping too much anyway. The rearsets are garbage but since I put a cage on it I haven't had anymore trouble with those. It's deffinately my favorite bike to stunt on.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

I didn't like how high i sat on the tank and the fact that you couldn't really combo in and out of it that easy, subframes are hella junk but the bikes have a great motor on them so its the good with the bad. The front ends are money as well. its kinda a 50/50 oh and if your running it ff its HUGE the 03-04 is more steam line.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 AM

blaquenova is a decent person

The rear sets suck, i snapped one comin down from a stoppie. Definately need to get the kleen air mod if not its a smoke machine, (perfect for gettin away from the police ). Other than that i love mine. Awesome for stoppies, and pulls hella good idle :YEAH
Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaquenova
The rear sets suck, i snapped one comin down from a stoppie. Definately need to get the kleen air mod if not its a smoke machine, (perfect for gettin away from the police ). Other than that i love mine. Awesome for stoppies, and pulls hella good idle :YEAH
Or it gives them a trail to follow. I only had that happen once when I was practicing stalls.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nags
good observation. I noticed that also
thats not good .....andy you know with that hand problem you got. . ya might better keep tha f4ez
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 AM

blaquenova is a decent person

Originally Posted by JEFF4EZ
Or it gives them a trail to follow. I only had that happen once when I was practicing stalls.

yea i guess ur right about the trail, yea they say once u do the Kleen air mod, the oil has to be perfect cant overfill or u still will get smoke.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Tony L
I didn't like how high i sat on the tank and the fact that you couldn't really combo in and out of it that easy, subframes are hella junk but the bikes have a great motor on them so its the good with the bad. The front ends are money as well. its kinda a 50/50 oh and if your running it ff its HUGE the 03-04 is more steam line.
it looked like it would be hard to pull in & out on it. I would def have to run mx bars.

C.J., the only combos you know about are the ones you stole from Crash Nash
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 AM

Nellie636 is a decent person

+1 on the mx bars, or aftermarket clip ons with them switched to over triple. i still have mine underneath and hate it. as far as durability goes the motor is a hog
Old 07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Nellie636
as far as durability goes the motor is a hog
is that good or bad
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

it looked like it would be hard to pull in & out on it. I would def have to run mx bars.

C.J., the only combos you know about are the ones you stole from Crash Nash
hey I didnt steal the combos , he taught them to me :YEAH
Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

its an amaing bike, and really all in how you set it up. the tank dents are great cuz you can do a nice clean dent without even having to repaint or bondo and it doesnt kill your gas carrying capacity like on regular tanks. ive never heard of anyone complain bout the rearset position before, feels just fine to me. to stop the front rearsets from breaking just cut the peg down like 1/4 inch and take the peg "feeler" out and you will never break them. you have to be carefull with shifting on these bikes cuz they are prone to tranny problems as the gears are NOT undercut and dont shift as smooth as the 03/04 or any other bike that ive been on. pull throughs are challenging on this bike but can be easily remedied by a hohey tripple or mx bars if u dont care what your bike looks like haha. if you dont run plastics you might have to reinforce the radiator mounts, with plastics ive never had a problem on either of mine. plastic ram air is prone to break if you rat trap alot. tail light will out for sure if u dont glue that thing in there. omr subcage will get rid of the weak *** rearsets in the back. its a good solid bike if you take care of it and do what should be done, and absolutely the smoothest power delivery ive ever felt on a bike, never dull but no suprises.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:21 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
its an amaing bike, and really all in how you set it up. the tank dents are great cuz you can do a nice clean dent without even having to repaint or bondo and it doesnt kill your gas carrying capacity like on regular tanks. ive never heard of anyone complain bout the rearset position before, feels just fine to me. to stop the front rearsets from breaking just cut the peg down like 1/4 inch and take the peg "feeler" out and you will never break them. you have to be carefull with shifting on these bikes cuz they are prone to tranny problems as the gears are NOT undercut and dont shift as smooth as the 03/04 or any other bike that ive been on. pull throughs are challenging on this bike but can be easily remedied by a hohey tripple or mx bars if u dont care what your bike looks like haha. if you dont run plastics you might have to reinforce the radiator mounts, with plastics ive never had a problem on either of mine. plastic ram air is prone to break if you rat trap alot. tail light will out for sure if u dont glue that thing in there. omr subcage will get rid of the weak *** rearsets in the back. its a good solid bike if you take care of it and do what should be done, and absolutely the smoothest power delivery ive ever felt on a bike, never dull but no suprises.
Thanks buddy I'm going to start looking for one. I want something minty this time since my skillz are sharper

Quick Reply: 05-06 636 dislikes?