f4i runs hot in lots... fan switch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i runs hot in lots... fan switch?

Hey my f4i goes to 224 while in the lots and then the fan kicks on and it stays around 210 220 ish so is there any way to try to keep the temperature down? I read that you can run a switch so the fan runs all the time. To do this do i just put a toggle switch in the fan wire? and what wire do i have to do this to if thats what i need to do? and is there any other way to help keep the temperature down?
Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person
Re: f4i runs hot in lots... fan switch?

Those temps are fine for F4i. If you put the ground to a permanent ground it will be on all the time.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

take the wire off the temp sending unit that is on the left side of your radiator and ground it to your frame .
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd just get some splice connectors and a switch and connect them to the temp sensor wires. That way it's not on ALL the time when riding around but when your practicing you can keep it on. Though if it's a lot only bike then eh nm might as well right it all the time.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
take the wire off the temp sending unit that is on the left side of your radiator and ground it to your frame .
This would make it run all the time right? I just want to be able to turn it on when im in the lots but i use my bike to commute all the time too. So is there any way to run a switch to it?
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep that works too if you splice a wire into the sending unit wire and put a switch beteween the sending unit and ground the fan can be turned on all the time or you can leave the switch off and it will come on like factory
Old 07-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

that temps fine no reson to do any fan mods
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM

yep that works too if you splice a wire into the sending unit wire and put a switch beteween the sending unit and ground the fan can be turned on all the time or you can leave the switch off and it will come on like factory
OK so what part of the wire would i have to splice into to do this? and if i understand this right i can just get a crimp on wire tap and run a switch in the middle of that wire right? so where is a good spot to splice the wire at? or can i splice one end in the middle of the wire and the other end to where it grounds onthe radiator? im a little confused on that part
thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by chpsk8er630
OK so what part of the wire would i have to splice into to do this? and if i understand this right i can just get a crimp on wire tap and run a switch in the middle of that wire right? so where is a good spot to splice the wire at? or can i splice one end in the middle of the wire and the other end to where it grounds onthe radiator? im a little confused on that part
thanks
the wire going to the temp sending unit needs to be grounded for the fan to work so any where you want to splice in to that wire will work
Old 07-13-2008, 06:58 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

If your sensor is a dual wire like my bike just put two taps and a switch between. Just tap wherever you wish...I did it as close to the switch as possible though just so I wouldn't have to route any wires (I'm lazy)
Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
also known as OMR

i think the f4i only has one wire
Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

i had my 900rr on a toggle switch cus otherwise the fan never kicked on cus the temp guage didnt work.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:50 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

i think the f4i only has one wire
+1

And just ground the wire, and it comes on.

And you can leave it hooked up to the sensor, and add a ground wire, so it'll still work if you forget to turn it on..

personally I have mine on a switch, so I can shut it off to save battery, and I kick it on once my temps rise above 210, or If I know imma be stunting a while.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i know these motors run fine at 220 degrees but i think thats bs that the fan doesnt come on till that point. 180-190 degrees is what i like mine to be at as often as possible.