F4i help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i help

ok so i was at the spot and she ran goood all day,,,,then #2 cylinder stop firing off,,,, got it home pulled the plugs,, they did look bad,,,

cleaned them up
checked for fire
got spark
got fuel,,
still no #2,, sounds like a sv 650

ill put new plugs in it today,,,

any body got an worth in this,, ill try any thing that sounds like it will work,,,

and thanks in advance,,,,,
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

brandon1566 is a decent person
Re: F4i help

try switching up the packs to see if it will change cylenders. the spark may not be strong egnough, pull the plug and get a flash light look down into the cyl also check all your connections.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:57 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Once again.....Fuel Pressure Regulator.....When it starts going out, it will dump fuel into the #2 and #3 cylinders. Sometimes it'll dump more into one or the other. Check the line that runs from your FPR to ur throttle bodes at #2 and #3....If that line is getting fuel into it, then the FPR is most likely going out. Simple fix.....=-)

PS: Even if u put new plugs in it and dont realise the FPR is going out. When u try to make it run, it'll foul the plugs pretty damn quick
Old 07-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Once again.....Fuel Pressure Regulator.....When it starts going out, it will dump fuel into the #2 and #3 cylinders. Sometimes it'll dump more into one or the other. Check the line that runs from your FPR to ur throttle bodes at #2 and #3....If that line is getting fuel into it, then the FPR is most likely going out. Simple fix.....=-)

PS: Even if u put new plugs in it and dont realise the FPR is going out. When u try to make it run, it'll foul the plugs pretty damn quick
yes deff a gallon of fuel going in #2,,,,, checking now and thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 02:03 PM

yep full of fuel,,, i got a buddy with another one ill change it out,,,:YEAH
Old 07-13-2008, 02:09 PM

thanks man thats it,,,, un hooked it and it ran ok,, and the FPR dumped fuel all over the place,,,,,,,,:YEAH
Old 07-13-2008, 03:25 PM

brandon1566 is a decent person

Damn your good.:YEAH I tried