magura 13 or 16

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person
magura 13 or 16

**** I feel like I'm making a "what cage should I get" thread.

On a serious note. I am just afraid the 13 might feel too spongy for me. I like to feel where the lever pull ends if you know what I mean.

Running a full throttle adapter, stock single piston in back, running a frembo 16x18 currently and think the fake master is ****.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: magura 13 or 16

a 16 if your used to the stiffness. I have severeal 13's in stock and maybe a 16 also.

Edit: I have 2 195 radial clutch masters, 13mm.
I have 1 190 brakeside 13 & a 190 clutchside 13mm
1 Brembo 16x18

Last edited by -SKETCHY-; 07-03-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

hmmm Tanus has frembo and ******* loves it. I have a 13 and I love the feel but I just haven't been able to get the power out of it like I initially had when I did the test setup.... Lots of feel and power. But i've been having problems with mine which is a bleeding issue that I just haven't resolved. If I remember right I think sketchy said the 13 is really good for 636 calpers and 16 is good for f4i calpers but I may be mistaken. Plus he'll have that to you pretty quick too
Old 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I have a 13mm, and love it.....but it does have a softer feel than a 16x18.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
hmmm Tanus has frembo and ******* loves it. I have a 13 and I love the feel but I just haven't been able to get the power out of it like I initially had when I did the test setup.... Lots of feel and power. But i've been having problems with mine which is a bleeding issue that I just haven't resolved. If I remember right I think sketchy said the 13 is really good for 636 calpers and 16 is good for f4i calpers but I may be mistaken. Plus he'll have that to you pretty quick too

Yeah mine is a piece of ****. I pull it in about an inch and it doesnt even start to grab. Pulls almost to the bar. Wouldnt trust it to bring me back from a scrape, bled it till there was no more bubbles coming from it, I can't wait to throw this piece in the trash. Lever is good tho, put a nice folding lever on it if anyone wants to grab that!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

my 13mm is amazing, tons of power and feel both. i could never get my brembo to lock my rear tire up with one finger on my 636 but my 13 is no problem, oddly my brembo would lock up the tire on my 600rr with no problem. some ppls problems are dirty or worn brake pads/rotors and the obvious bleeding issues, old fluid... etc. it usually takes me like 4 bleeds to get all the air out of my system. bleed ride it for a few days, bleed again etc etc. then i get it perfect. you should flush your brake fluid with every oil change, the **** gets moisture in there and burnt out alot faster than you think.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:01 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
my 13mm is amazing, tons of power and feel both. i could never get my brembo to lock my rear tire up with one finger on my 636 but my 13 is no problem, oddly my brembo would lock up the tire on my 600rr with no problem. some ppls problems are dirty or worn brake pads/rotors and the obvious bleeding issues, old fluid... etc. it usually takes me like 4 bleeds to get all the air out of my system. bleed ride it for a few days, bleed again etc etc. then i get it perfect. you should flush your brake fluid with every oil change, the **** gets moisture in there and burnt out alot faster than you think.
who changes their oil?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I love my 13. I've got the billet one.

Name:  magura3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  94.9 KB
Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SIC J
who changes their oil?
hahah what i thought glammer stunting was the new **** i repaint my cage with every oil change too
Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I replace my brake fluid reguraly. it DOES make a difference. Running Motul RBF600 dot 4 now & love it
Old 07-03-2008, 05:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I replace my brake fluid reguraly. it DOES make a difference. Running Motul RBF600 dot 4 now & love it
Thats the only flud that exists.

I pump a reservoir's worth threw my lines every few months. More often if I'm riding a lot.

Makes a huge difference.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I'm about to try some new Castrol dot 4 that is $79 liter!!! I order a bottle and when it shows up i call the distibutor and tell them it leaked all out in the box. They dont ever want it shipped back so they just give it to you for free!!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Ooooh, I love a good ol' fashioned scam.

Hook me up
Old 07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i run the motorex. its butta fluid too.

oh yeah. 13mm magura is butta as well. i now can say ive ridden a 16x18 brembo and a 12mm magura and i like the smaller bore MUCH MUCH better.

also. i like to poop while reading SSB & posting on SL, just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
also. i like to poop while reading SSB & posting on SL, just wanted to throw that out there.
Might I direct you to this thread;

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/173...oping-now.html
Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 PM

13 it is then.