WTF to do now???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person
WTF to do now???

So here's the story. I bought (what I believed) was an 03 kawi 636, race plastics and such for a good price, I bought the bike pretty much just to sell it and make a little bit of cash. A kid and his dad came down and bought the bike off my ad in craigslist, they saw the title and registration...and looked over the bike pretty good and I was honest with them about any small scratches or anything.

They call me later that night saying the bike is a 600 and not the 636 and they want there money back or he will take me to court!!! (the rr version). And the dad said he called the kawi dealership and they told him that NOTHING is interchangeable on the bikes, like there completely different bikes.
I researched the 2 diff bikes on here and on google and from what I gathered from you guys is they are the same pretty much except for the obvious. So here I am about to call kawi an hear what they say about it...... Fuuuuuuck.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WTF to do now???

I don't understand and unless I'm wrong... if it's a 2003 and you are positive the ZX6R is a 636 motor. Or a 636 for short. Now if it's a 2001 ZX6R then yea, there is a difference.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM
N/A

Nevermind.. found my answer and I was wrong.

But check out this article:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fe..._6r/index.html
Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
N/A

And also from what I'm reading the ZX6RR (not 636) is the same engine but with a smaller displacement.

Last edited by N/A; 07-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

It's almost the same bike minus a few small changes. Almost everything is interchangeable.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
N/A

Finally, if this person bought the bike to race you need to have the ZX6RR to race, otherwise you will be DQ'd.

Here is the article:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring.../mninja6rr.htm

Here is a little expurt from that article:
"The ZX-6R gets a new 636cc powerplant, while the ZX-6RR gets a 598cc mill, in order to comply with FIM, AMA and various other racing commitee regulations."
Old 07-02-2008, 01:52 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by nags
It's almost the same bike minus a few small changes. Almost everything is interchangeable.
yup.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Finally, if this person bought the bike to race you need to have the ZX6RR to race, otherwise you will be DQ'd.

Here is the article:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring.../mninja6rr.htm

Here is a little expurt from that article:
"The ZX-6R gets a new 636cc powerplant, while the ZX-6RR gets a 598cc mill, in order to comply with FIM, AMA and various other racing commitee regulations."
the one to race ONLY comes in green?!?!?!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by E RacK
the one to race ONLY comes in green?!?!?!
yep.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

but the one to stunt comes in more colors then the resulting bruises of a chuck norris attack survivor
Old 07-02-2008, 02:56 PM

SHANE124 is a decent person

pretty sure it's the exact same bike except for the 6rr has the slipper clutch and adjustable swingarm
Old 07-02-2008, 02:58 PM
N/A

I never knew there was a difference until now.. hmmm, good thing someone else got screwed.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

tell the guy to eat a dick and that the bike is almost exactly the same, kane had one forever and a day. I think he still has it, the pink and white one.

ask him why hes upset with it, power, displacement, what is he trying to interchange? im sure you can calm him.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 PM

skidmark is a decent person

Originally Posted by E RacK
but the one to stunt comes in more colors then the resulting bruises of a chuck norris attack survivor

nobody survives a chuck norris attack
Old 07-02-2008, 03:38 PM

bigstove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skidmark

nobody survives a chuck norris attack
+1 its just not possible
Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

A friend of mine down here rode/stunted one for well over a year before he ever even realized it was the 600 version and not the 636.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
N/A

Wouldn't it be like destroking a motor which would give it more torque?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM

whauburger is a decent person

If you sold the bike to him and gave a bill of sale that states sold in "as in condition" or something to that effect they can waste there time and money taking you to court and get nowhere.......Once they pay you and take the bike away you can make the claim they "must have" swapped the motors out after they got the bike back home, if the guy really wants to be a dick
Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM

XtraMedium is an unknown quantity at this point

It should have said on the title and registration that is the 600RRnot a 636....if he read over it and you sold it as is tell him to eat a fat one and youll see him in court....he should have seen the registration where it showed the model.....just call his bluff...it will cost him twice as much to take you to court
Old 07-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Isn't the 600 version worth a little bit more anyways? He should consider himself lucky.

Quick Reply: WTF to do now???