crowned tire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice
crowned tire?

just looked at my bike last night and I noticed the middle of the tire sticks out more than it should, like its a big lump in the middle. Will this affect my whoolies or what? I'm starting to think that this is why I started feeling unstable on idle lately and its probably why I wash out half the time when I'm trying circles....anyone know, or am I just making up excuses for my weak ****
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: crowned tire?

do some burnouts and quit hitting turns!

That'll flatten that ****** out real quick
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

I have no front brakes so cant do that

but yeah this was a track tire so I guess I'll have to change it
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

put the front tire against a curb or a small wall and burn that tire.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:27 AM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

cupping comes from under-inflation. Doesn't normally happen on low speed stuff as much though. If you are driving that thing at highway speeds at 25psi or below it's gonna do that.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 AM

Dstunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
put the front tire against a curb or a small wall and burn that tire.
+1 fix your brakes and learn some burnouts and ****
Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 PM

well I've only taken it through the back roads a couple of times so I guess thats where it came from. I really need to pickup some front brakes soon too
Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

Lemme know I got some loaded calipers and ****!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melloyello
cupping comes from under-inflation. Doesn't normally happen on low speed stuff as much though. If you are driving that thing at highway speeds at 25psi or below it's gonna do that.
i dont think thats true, my front tires used to cup heavily before i started stunt riding and ran full tire pressure and was riding corners alot, now my tires never cup with same tire pressure in the front and 30lbs rear and nothing but wheelies stoppies and drifting with occassional burnouts.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 PM

xxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nice

hey joto u dont have 190 on it do u?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Reckless01
Lemme know I got some loaded calipers and ****!

do you have a master too?

Originally Posted by xxMICKEYxx
what up main! Nah its a 180
Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xxMICKEYxx
where you been Mickey

you going to meet us at XDL Nashville?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM

xxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by shky4
where you been Mickey

you going to meet us at XDL Nashville?
fo shizzle! i had knee surgery so i had to take a break
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i dont think thats true, my front tires used to cup heavily before i started stunt riding and ran full tire pressure and was riding corners alot, now my tires never cup with same tire pressure in the front and 30lbs rear and nothing but wheelies stoppies and drifting with occassional burnouts.
If u don't think it's true then I guess u don't know anything about tire pressures. Underinflation causes cupping or uneven wear and can result in a broken belt. Overinflation will cause your tire to wear fast in the center. If your tire is cupping at highway speeds then either u aren't keeping an eye on your pressures as you should, something is wrong w/ your tire, or you coud have suspension problems or loose steering stem bearings.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

If u don't think it's true then I guess u don't know anything about tire pressures. Underinflation causes cupping or uneven wear and can result in a broken belt. Overinflation will cause your tire to wear fast in the center. If your tire is cupping at highway speeds then either u aren't keeping an eye on your pressures as you should, something is wrong w/ your tire, or you coud have suspension problems or loose steering stem bearings.
no i agree that underinflation will wear your tire fucked up, but to extremes not 30lbs, 30lbs is what most racers run. what im saying is that i dont believe thats the ONLY reason they cup. i think if you run the tire pressure im running stock in front and 30 in the rear and u dont ride corners hard then youre tires will likely not get cuppes as mine never do.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I've cupped front tires with 32psi
Old 06-29-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I've cupped front tires with 32psi
What is the recommended tire pressure on your bike? 36psi or 32psi? Maybe it's just a crappy tire, maybe something out of line, maybe not enough pressure. I have seen tires straight off the shelf that just won't balance out b/4.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
no i agree that underinflation will wear your tire fucked up, but to extremes not 30lbs, 30lbs is what most racers run. what im saying is that i dont believe thats the ONLY reason they cup. i think if you run the tire pressure im running stock in front and 30 in the rear and u dont ride corners hard then youre tires will likely not get cuppes as mine never do.
Racers also run those tires for how many miles? And do you know how much pressure is in those tires once they are heated up?
There are more factors than just pressure that cause them to cup though. Another thing would be if you were running an old tire that had some cracks in the sidewall allowing it to flex more than it should. Those are ozone cracks. I didn't name it.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Racers also run those tires for how many miles? And do you know how much pressure is in those tires once they are heated up?
There are more factors than just pressure that cause them to cup though. Another thing would be if you were running an old tire that had some cracks in the sidewall allowing it to flex more than it should. Those are ozone cracks. I didn't name it.
which is exactly my point...not just low tire pressure causes a cupped tire! which is what you made it sound like in your 1st post.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Gotcha. I didn't realize I worded it like that. My bad.

Quick Reply: crowned tire?