My Story/ Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:07 PM

whauburger is a decent person
My Story/ Problem

Im bored at work so im gonna give my rant of annoyance for today.

So I bought an 06 636 last weekend, has a georgia salvage certificate. The guy I bought it from lives in PA and bought it from a salvage dealer in Tennessee, I live in NY. So I was told by the DMV over the phone bring in form blah blah blah and wut not and the salvage certificate and bill of sale and pay tax and then I can set up a date for a inspection with the DMV and can get a rebuilt title....Sounds peachy and all except when I went into DMV today they told me since the guy never went to the PA DMV and turned in the certificate and payed tax and got a PA Salvage title he has no "right" to sell me the bike so I don't "own" it and can't get the rebuilt title deal....they told me to see if he will turn in the paperwork and get a title and sign it over to me or they nicley suggested to see if I can get my money back.....

This seems like alot of headache my real question is any1 In NY know what the fine/ penalty is if I get caught riding the bike w/ no Reg. and the vin gets rana nd comes up salvaged?...On the plus side my insurance company added it to my policy.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: My Story/ Problem

Sounds like a bunch of BS. It can be impounded even if it's just parked on the street w/ no reg., I believe. Keep it in a garage until you clear things up.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm they can impound the bike and since you dont OWN it they will contact the last person of owner ship and tell them they can have it back ,,they just have to pay a tow & storage fee.....
oh yea yer insurence is retarded...due to the fact if the bike has a salvage title t should have came up on the history making it not possible to get insurance...oh yea call the pa dmv and tell them what happend and that you have a bill of sale....they might tranfer it right to you then you have to make the switch again with the ny dmv

Last edited by havok; 06-25-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM

Niccccceeee, so having a bill of sale is f'in useless in NY
Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

i wouldnt ride it on street without proff of ownership, if it got impounded and you have no proof your beat and they keep the bike, or you could just run
Old 06-25-2008, 03:25 PM

I was just gonna throw an old plate on it and run if the problem arose but sometimes I can always run so I figured sum1 would know the answer to this 1, .......so im better off trying to get the guy I bought it from to get a title and sign that to me
Old 06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Forge the org owners name and bring it to a different dmv clerk.

Oh yea and ftnydmv.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by havok
ummm they can impound the bike and since you dont OWN it they will contact the last person of owner ship and tell them they can have it back ,,they just have to pay a tow & storage fee.....
oh yea yer insurence is retarded...due to the fact if the bike has a salvage title t should have came up on the history making it not possible to get insurance...oh yea call the pa dmv and tell them what happend and that you have a bill of sale....they might tranfer it right to you then you have to make the switch again with the ny dmv

You can't insure salvaged bikes in NY?

My insurance (state farm) lets you insure salvaged bikes out here in Cali.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC J
You can't insure salvaged bikes in NY?

My insurance (state farm) lets you insure salvaged bikes out here in Cali.

its really hard to here in ny...they usually send out a person to inspect the bike to make sure its safe to be on the road..and sometimes it take a month for some paperwork to go through....you have to stay on their *** to get it done...and they are supposed to make sure that the bike was obtained legally...
Old 06-25-2008, 03:51 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by havok
its really hard to here in ny...they usually send out a person to inspect the bike to make sure its safe to be on the road..and sometimes it take a month for some paperwork to go through....you have to stay on their *** to get it done...and they are supposed to make sure that the bike was obtained legally...
damn that sucks. no wonder I see people from NY trying to sell their salvaged bikes to people out of state all the time. haha