New XDL Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
New XDL Stuff

Everyone may know a few of these things but I know a few are new

XDL has 6 events this year - 4 are with Hot Import Nights (they have a ton of spectators!)

1 event is in Indianapolis on the streets downtown friday night of Moto GP weekend (its gonna be retarded!!) also...Read more on the Stuntride Magazine free bike build giveaway taking place at this event here - http://www.stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthread.php?t=3169

and then the finals back in LA in November

all the info is on the site, riders must pre register on the site www.xdlshow.com

now for the info that is not on the site...

We are going to be implementing a stoppie/stall box in the course for every event that riders can utilize in there runs. thanks to nick and ernie and joe vert for taking care of this and transporting it as well

judging changes- they have not been released yet due to the fact that some unoriginal individuals feel the need to utilize them at their events without giving due credit. Im not going to get deep into the explanation of the criteria on here, but the full info will be posted on the XDL website soon and will also be thoroughly explained in New York. Here is the short end of it...

Overall 40 points- includes things like flow, crowd reaction, excitement etc

Execution 20 points- You start with 20 points and get deducted for every missed trick.
-3 for a crash
-2 for a missed trick (ex. front end washes on a stoppie)
-1 for poor execution of a trick (ex. shaky christ)

Difficulty 40 points- 20 points is devoted to difficulty of the run and 20 points is devoted to the difficulty of the tricks (5 points per discipline) rider must perform at least 3 tricks of each discipline and will be judged on the hardest 2 that they perform

there it is, thats it, all you technical riders can come get some now.. lol

On another subject.... for anyone asking about beef with other events.. my answer is that there is none, I dont care which riders attend which events... XDL is for the people who actually care about the sport and want to be treated like athletes and not like some cattle that you can throw money at and make them do whatever you say..all that is happening when promoters talk **** and try to overlap events is that the riders get punished...

The XDL schedule was pretty much set in November and publicly known back in January, it was set in stone and we really have no control over the dates, I personally notified everyone about the dates before any other event dates were set and look what happened... im not suffering because of the stubborness of others, the riders are... and I think thats bullshit, too bad the whole thing backfired ehh?

as far as XDL is concerned, we will leave the "guaranteed weekend of Chaos and mass destruction" back in 2002 and concentrate on building a sport and we will continue to set the standards in sportbike freestyle competitions and athlete relations

everyone else can continue on with their secret meetings and big plans for next year etc etc...

we have been hearing that line for too many years now and the only thing that has made you improve your game is the riders bitching and XDL
setting the new standards

while you are watching us in 2008 and looking at 2009, we are looking at 2011, remember that
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: New XDL Stuff

killer its going to be fun
Old 06-06-2008, 10:58 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

big up crispy cream!! your the man!!!:YEAH
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be attending all of the events!
This is going to be one hell of a series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

we will leave the "guaranteed weekend of Chaos and mass destruction" back in 2002

awwww you suck
Old 06-07-2008, 01:01 AM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
we really have no control over the dates
HUH???
Old 06-07-2008, 01:59 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

got any clothing thomas?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:46 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

one of these days......

on a bike i dont F-up....

you will see....

killer cant wait to see the new guys beating the old guys you know all you dudes over 26 are way to old to be at XDL
Old 06-07-2008, 12:13 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

we can't control the dates the hot import nights picks for their events.... We can't ask Indy to change the date of motogp..

Were not just renting tracks and throwing events here.. Anyone can do that.. We are creating strategic partnerships with other properties that can expose stuntriding to new media and fans.

By renting a track somewhere and doing the same old events all promoters are doing is maintaining the status quo... No matter how much extra money they throw at it, its still the same old events.

I love those old events, but xdl has chosen a different path... People need to respect that and do their own thing
Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

I will be trying to make all of the XDLs!! Looking forward to the new competition year! Always fun to be part of stuntriding history at XDL events!! Almost better than the XDL comps is the coverage in Stuntride Magazine!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:11 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
we can't control the dates the hot import nights picks for their events.... We can't ask Indy to change the date of motogp..

Were not just renting tracks and throwing events here.. Anyone can do that.. We are creating strategic partnerships with other properties that can expose stuntriding to new media and fans.

By renting a track somewhere and doing the same old events all promoters are doing is maintaining the status quo... No matter how much extra money they throw at it, its still the same old events.

I love those old events, but xdl has chosen a different path... People need to respect that and do their own thing
Wow. Thomas you've been busy. good to see an update.

The more stunt events that are going on the better it is for everyone. This sport is growing really fast, and XDL deserves a lot of the credit for the momentum developing around stunting. everyone who has had a hand in the growth of this sport should be really proud of where it stands today. Just watching stunting grow from the sidelines has been really exciting.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be there! Its gonna be alot of travelin!!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:16 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
I will be there! Its gonna be alot of travelin!!
Just as long as XDL isnt in Ibor City right?

Can't wait for NY! 2 more weeks and its ON!!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC J
Just as long as XDL isnt in Ibor City right?

Can't wait for NY! 2 more weeks and its ON!!!!!
Yes!!! **** IBOR CITY and that damn carousel club.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by DLISH
got any clothing thomas?
for real thomas ya'll should release some XDL t-shirts.....that **** would sell like crazy you know all us would swoop one up. sell em online and at each event.....it would help build revenue for the series too so xdl is able to do more things.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
for real thomas ya'll should release some XDL t-shirts.....that **** would sell like crazy you know all us would swoop one up. sell em online and at each event.....it would help build revenue for the series too so xdl is able to do more things.
they have XDL shirts. Come in black or white. Along with kids shirts and women tank tops. They sell them at the Comps.

Everyone wanted the red shirt but they are for staff.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

they have XDL shirts. Come in black or white. Along with kids shirts and women tank tops. They sell them at the Comps.

Everyone wanted the red shirt but they are for staff.

oh my bad....didn't know cuz my first xdl is gonna be phoenix in october.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

I lost my red one!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
I lost my red one!
sucks to be you. the red one is the best lookin one. i got mine! i wore it when i went to visit G, he told me to **** off. LOL
Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 PM

sucks to be you. the red one is the best lookin one. i got mine! i wore it when i went to visit G, he told me to **** off. LOL
now thats funny right there

Quick Reply: New XDL Stuff