905 cages are junk

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
Re: 905 cages are junk

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Never cracked a case cover with a SI cage, never even HEARD of a cracked case cover with a SI..

Now 905, FI, and tygershark.. I've heard PLENTY of stories of cracked cases
wgich bike??? i have it on my 04 636 and it is the best ive had
Originally Posted by ownage
i've seen tygersharks crack a case
which bike?????
Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by DURTY

which bike?????

i've seen my boy crack his cover with the CJ-3 but that thing has hit the ground so many times and i mean hard drops....i love mine and he is still rocking his so you can go wrong with TS:YEAH

by the way it's a 04 636....but like i said pancake after barrell roll lol

Last edited by punishmentcycle; 05-03-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: opps
Old 05-03-2008, 10:02 AM

stunterdude is an unknown quantity at this point

so whats wrong with FI??
Old 05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tucker R6!
Powers stunt worx makes a good *** cage i havent had an issues but the ****** subframe on the R6 blows i need to find a stronger Subframe
seriously.... stop huffing gold paint.....
Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
seriously.... stop huffing gold paint.....
ive never heard that expresion.....wat does it mean exactly, even tho i can just assume wat u mean lol but when do u comenly use that expresion
Old 05-03-2008, 10:07 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by stunterdude
so whats wrong with FI??
lets see.... they break stator covers,motor mounts,strip engine threads,and cost as much as a good cage! but if you dont crash much they are not bad...if your learning:forget about it...
the only good thing is they are readily available...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

ive never heard that expresion.....wat does it mean exactly, even tho i can just assume wat u mean lol but when do u comenly use that expresion
you use it when someone is retarded

so there is many opportunities to use it on here
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 AM

jamiedubs is an unknown quantity at this point

MY SI Cage that came with the bike when I got it is garbage it gets all bent to hell I cant get the left side off unless I cut the ****** off. Im waiting on the new 905 cage design to get a new cage.

I had 905 bars on my other bike and I wrecked doing 85 mph off of a mountain. Nothing was touched oly the tail cause the bike flipped. The bars saved my bike.

I think its all on how much you drop your bike and beat it up in the end you can beat the **** out of every cage on the market they are all going to break or snap eventually. Its just a matter of your perference 905 all the way for me
Old 05-03-2008, 10:17 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Originally Posted by jamiedubs
MY SI Cage that came with the bike when I got it is garbage it gets all bent to hell I cant get the left side off unless I cut the ****** off. Im waiting on the new 905 cage design to get a new cage.

I had 905 bars on my other bike and I wrecked doing 85 mph off of a mountain. Nothing was touched oly the tail cause the bike flipped. The bars saved my bike.

and we have exibit A
Old 05-03-2008, 10:23 AM

jamiedubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah im at work right now (ya'ay working on saturday and sundays!!) but when I get home ill show some pictures of it
Old 05-03-2008, 11:11 AM

Cincykillz is a decent person

which bike?????

my buddy with tygershark cracked cover but this was after about 5 nasty high sides still good cages though just gotta keep all mounts tightened or the bottom will flex a little but thats with the old style
Old 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

cages are cages...nothing is perfect.

i've seen all cages fail one time or another. you can't blame the cage for your own stupidity. if hte cage made you crash then did'nt protect your bike i could see it, but the cage didn't make you crash.

and yes, even my SI cage bent into my bike...folded like a 2$ ***** with one SS coaster crash. now it's stuck onto my bike until i cut it off with a torch.

no matter how indestructable you try to make that bike, something has to give in an accident.

i've seen 905 cages take some serious beatings. i hate the cages, but that doesn't mean they don't take a beating.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

a sawsall with a metal blade works pretty well too
Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, so kinda like.. this??

Originally Posted by jamiedubs

I think its all on how much you drop your bike and beat it up in the end you can beat the **** out of every cage on the market they are all going to break or snap eventually. Its just a matter of your perference 905 all the way for me
Stop huffing gold paint!

Break the **** out of every cage on the market?

I don't know if you missed my post, or the thousands of other posts on this forum.. But 905 is KNOWN for failing on small drops! Sometimes it'll hold up, thne again sometimes it snaps on tip overs.
Not to mention bashing your knees..

Why in the world, would you listen to hundreds of people that ride better then you, that all say 905 is junk, and SI is the ****, then you're gonna go and get a 905?

You sir, are a ******* idiot.

But we all knew that before you even opened your mouth.. No helmet doing power wheelies on a quad

Go huff more gold paint
Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by binder929rr
cages are cages...nothing is perfect.

i've seen all cages fail one time or another. you can't blame the cage for your own stupidity. if hte cage made you crash then did'nt protect your bike i could see it, but the cage didn't make you crash.

and yes, even my SI cage bent into my bike...folded like a 2$ ***** with one SS coaster crash. now it's stuck onto my bike until i cut it off with a torch.

no matter how indestructable you try to make that bike, something has to give in an accident.

i've seen 905 cages take some serious beatings. i hate the cages, but that doesn't mean they don't take a beating.

well said, shut this thread down this should be the final word
Old 05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

Oh, so kinda like.. this??

Stop huffing gold paint!

Break the **** out of every cage on the market?

I don't know if you missed my post, or the thousands of other posts on this forum.. But 905 is KNOWN for failing on small drops! Sometimes it'll hold up, thne again sometimes it snaps on tip overs.
Not to mention bashing your knees..

Why in the world, would you listen to hundreds of people that ride better then you, that all say 905 is junk, and SI is the ****, then you're gonna go and get a 905?

You sir, are a ******* idiot.

But we all knew that before you even opened your mouth.. No helmet doing power wheelies on a quad

Go huff more gold paint
lol, did you see my post under his????

good use of exhibit A

you pass
Old 05-03-2008, 01:08 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I've also watched a new rider, doing a rolling burnout on a 2 week old 905 cage that has never been in a hard wreck, snap at the WELDS!

This was less then 6 months ago.. HOw long has 905 been in the business? And they still haven't figure out how to weld?

All cages CAN fail, but some cages are stronger, its usually pretty easy to tell what cage is gonna be good by just LOOKING at the design (if you have half a brain on your shoulders)

Every cage is designed different. And after all the 905's I've watched fail personally, and all the bad stories I hear, its easy to avoid them.

btw I know this isn't that hardest drop in the world. But this was with a SI cage that was over a year old, that had the all thread broke.. Thats right, it wasen't bolted in the rear, just the side motormounts and front!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

Bike was perfectly fine.. Broke my clutch lever cause the bars hit the ground

edit: oh ya my SI cage has been through 3 people learning to stunt on 2 different bikes lol.. After I bent it up good, I bent it back and sold it

Then my friend has been rocking it since, just fine lol
Old 05-03-2008, 01:20 PM
back in the saddle again

ah, here come out all the pee pee suckers on my sponsored cage is better than yours.

plain and simple, everything breaks. i've seen every cage break and i've seen every cage take huge huge hits.

ever think since most of these are hand welded that maybe the welder got hammered hte night before and wasn't doing so good that day? so many factors involved. you can't say a cage is junk because it's had a few go bad. if that was the case then every car manufacturer on the road is junk....that's why they have the lemon law, remember?
Old 05-03-2008, 01:29 PM

ah, here come out all the pee pee suckers on my sponsored cage is better than yours.

plain and simple, everything breaks. i've seen every cage break and i've seen every cage take huge huge hits.

ever think since most of these are hand welded that maybe the welder got hammered hte night before and wasn't doing so good that day? so many factors involved. you can't say a cage is junk because it's had a few go bad. if that was the case then every car manufacturer on the road is junk....that's why they have the lemon law, remember?

I've never been sponsored by anyone

didn't even get a 5% discount on any cage.

I've just watched 1 905 fail on a EZ drop in front of my face, and I've seen another that was tacoed from what the guy claimed was a ez low side.

Not to mention hearing probably at least 100 stories on here about them tacoing, or breaking WELDS

Don't get me wrong.. I'd run a 905.. for free or $30..
Just like right now, I run what I think is a stunt aid knockoff.. I had it laying around ,and its better then NOTHING

You can run what you want.. But personally, I'll stick with PROVEN quality.

I wont pay for a 905 cage, just like I wouldn't pay for a suzuki car or bike lol

edit: if your gonna talk about cars, thats a whole nother argument that I think is JUST like cages..
There are good cars, and there are bad cars.. Or do you think they are all created equal?

Do you think a Kia is as reliable as a toyota?

How about them reliable JEEP tranmissions and rear ends?? They are just as strong as anyone elses tranny right?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 AM
back in the saddle again

I've never been sponsored by anyone

didn't even get a 5% discount on any cage.

awfully scared that i was pointing the finger at you. if the shoe fits, wear it. it was a general statement and not pointed directly at any one person.

Quick Reply: 905 cages are junk