Broke my leg today :( , pics inside

Old 04-18-2008, 11:11 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point
Broke my leg today :( , pics inside

I put griptape on my tank to make sure my feet don't slip and I was doing a frogger wheelie with both feet on the tank and everything was going well until the griptape fell off. I fell on the ground and next thing you know I was sitting on my leg with my ankle pointing the wrong way. I got it straight and it got swollen right away. I drove home and relaxed a bit, I wasn't going at the hospital until I noticed my bone was a bit loose. I need to go for surgery tomorrow to put ligements back together and to put pins in I guess.
I wonder if it's legal to ride with a cast on the right foot. I do have a handbrake so I can't see why not.

I'm out for 6 to 8 weeks

Name:  VernBrokenLeg001crop.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  7.6 KB
Name:  VernBrokenLeg002.jpg
Size:  8.1 KB
Name:  VernBrokenLeg003.jpg
Size:  6.8 KB
Name:  VernBrokenLeg4Crop.jpg
Size:  9.0 KB

Last edited by Vern; 04-18-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Broke my leg today :( , pics inside

wow that sucks man saw you ride last summer your the best! i hope to get some tips from you think summer after i get my bike. im from around moncton around 30 min drive from moncton and im there a lot. hope you get better soon man i hope i get to see ya ride again this summer.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

bummer dude.... hope you heal up fast...

that's a cool avy btw :YEAH
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
NY636

ny636 is a decent person

wow, Hope you okay, That will take time to heal and proper amount of time should be given. Sit down and watch vidoes or be a cam man for three months.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

damn man that sucks. its legal as long as ur have a front brake. and as long as ur light work. just be carful and let it heal. don't rush it.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by NBstunter
wow that sucks man saw you ride last summer your the best! i hope to get some tips from you think summer after i get my bike. im from around moncton around 30 min drive from moncton and im there a lot. hope you get better soon man i hope i get to see ya ride again this summer.

Yeah sure man I hope I see you around too, you know where to find us? At Nisssan, if I can't stunt I'll still hang around with the boys there. Hit me up on MSN or something vernon_doucet@hotmail.com

We will certainly give you all the tips if your interested for sure.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 PM

steven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the rough

ouch.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ny636
wow, Hope you okay, That will take time to heal and proper amount of time should be given. Sit down and watch vidoes or be a cam man for three months.

Yes I will watch tons of videos and psycked up like I did this winter, I will surely do lots of videotaping and pics since I'm not riding for a while. I'm sure the boys will apprciate that.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:33 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vern
Tip #1 Dont rely on grip tape!!!

yeah man but let it rest, becuz if u try to rush it then it may never heal right! Think thats what happened to me.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Your leg looked like that and you went home without intent on going to the hospital!? haha dude your crazy. When I crashed my arm didn't even look bad at all but I still went to the ER. It just felt a little funny didn't really think it was broken maybe just a major sprain or at max dislocated wrist or something...found out my bone snapped O_o
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

at least it gives you time to get your no hander one foot seat standers sussed:YEAH
Old 04-19-2008, 12:19 AM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah sure man I hope I see you around too, you know where to find us? At Nisssan, if I can't stunt I'll still hang around with the boys there. Hit me up on MSN or something vernon_doucet@hotmail.com

thanks a lot man i will add you to msn and i hope to learn some stuff this summer:YEAH
Old 04-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
bummer dude.... hope you heal up fast...

that's a cool avy btw :YEAH
+1 on everything

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by shotta
Tip #1 Dont rely on grip tape!!!

yeah man but let it rest, becuz if u try to rush it then it may never heal right! Think thats what happened to me.
Tip #2 put some crazy glue under the grip tape hehe. I learned the hard way I hope others don't crash for stupid **** like that and make sure something is well sticked there.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
Your leg looked like that and you went home without intent on going to the hospital!? haha dude your crazy. When I crashed my arm didn't even look bad at all but I still went to the ER. It just felt a little funny didn't really think it was broken maybe just a major sprain or at max dislocated wrist or something...found out my bone snapped O_o
Yeah and you know in Canada it's free health care but you usually have to wait like 4 -6 hours in the emergency wait room before you see a doctor and they usually give you pills and send you home. Today it only took me an hour and I was outta there, but tomorrow is surgery and ill be in all day.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:19 AM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

Adrenaline=No pain :D
Old 04-19-2008, 01:45 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

damn bro that sucks .....hope you fell better soon..
i would have been at the hospital right away ,im a baby when im hurt..lol
Old 04-19-2008, 02:04 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Yeah and you know in Canada it's free health care but you usually have to wait like 4 -6 hours in the emergency wait room before you see a doctor and they usually give you pills and send you home. Today it only took me an hour and I was outta there, but tomorrow is surgery and ill be in all day.
to skip the ER wait, tell them you where in a motorcycle accident and say your neck and/or back hurts, you'll be in in 15 minutes
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
to skip the ER wait, tell them you where in a motorcycle accident and say your neck and/or back hurts, you'll be in in 15 minutes
You just have to be honest with them and make as if you would never come at the hospital normally. Lots of people go there for nothing and they probably assume that for everyone until you tell them.

hehe it only took me a couple mins. I told them I was not coming at the hospital until I looked carefully and could move my bone with my hands, is that normal? I don't feel anymore pain cause I took 2 tylenol #3..

They have an emergency ranking system. The room was almost empty but they still called me in first hehe.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:20 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

dude that sucks, hope you have a full and speedy recovery! believe me 6-8 weeks is nothing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broke my leg today :( , pics inside