View Poll Results: Best front end to swap to IYO...
929/954
50.00%
600RR
11.11%
1000RR
13.89%
RC51
8.33%
GSXR
5.56%
Other...
11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

F4i Front End

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
F4i Front End

yea, i know...

repost...

but it's new year, and people have had a whole year to run new **** on there bike so opinion's prolly have changed.

Im in the process of swappin out my f4i front end and j/w what best bet is.

prolly gonna go with a 929/954 but just this past year seen alot of people going with 600RR. So i dunno
pro's & con's, whatever

thanks
-Ross
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4i Front End

929/954 is longer, easier to run the clipons on top the triple without getting ur front tire and fender touching your radiator. 929/954 is tried an true.....I would stick with whats works if ur using clipons! With DB bars i think you can extend the forks out enough its not as much of an issue then.

I tried an ohlins built 1000RR front end thats the same length as the 600RR front end, but fits in 954 triples.....hated it, and it put holes in my radiator too easy.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

954 929 1000rr
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

1000rr with a 929/954 lower triple so you can run a hohey top triple,,, baller:YEAH
Old 01-20-2008, 10:56 PM

the hohey top triple is sick! I would like to get one....lifting the truck comes first tho!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
the hohey top triple is sick! I would like to get one....lifting the truck comes first tho!
i hear ya,,, i put my 6" lift ant semi convention on hold to buy the new stunt piece, and deck it out,,,, all sick/hohey, and man she is gettin ganstaaa,,,:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

ya i think 929/954 is gonna be the route to go
Old 01-21-2008, 03:06 AM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

<--- yup i love my 929 front end!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM

my bike is already set up, minus kandy paints (in process)....been trying to sell parts and a motor to make up the money to get the 6" lift on my f250.....gotta have the baller painted F4ez with kandy paint, brembo, and 954 front end in the back of the bed red lifted tuned truck.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:55 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

6 inch is lame, got 1201293128 inches with military tires haha
Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
yea, i know...

repost...

but it's new year, and people have had a whole year to run new **** on there bike so opinion's prolly have changed.

Im in the process of swappin out my f4i front end and j/w what best bet is.

prolly gonna go with a 929/954 but just this past year seen alot of people going with 600RR. So i dunno
pro's & con's, whatever

thanks-Ross
W/ a newer 600rr 05+ or any 1000rr you get radial mounted calipers....

One of the good things about the radial mount brakes is you can easily swap your rotors for bigger or smaller ones by adding/removing a spacer to the caliper mount.... so you can tweak your setup a little more to your own tastes.

If you like the big 330mm 929/954 rotors you can run em... (they all have the same bolt pattern)... or you can run the 310 6rr stockers.... or the 320 06-07' 1krr stockers

I got mine (07' 1000rr) mounted up after stoppie rolling season already ended up here... so I can't really comment on the difference in feeling, but it's certainly an upgrade and feels nice and smooth so far in shorter, slower speed endos.

As said.... HO HEY upper triple lets you lower the fork legs to the exact same specs as a stock F4i front end... while keeping the clipons on top and comfortable.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
6 inch is lame, got 1201293128 inches with military tires haha
sorry ganster,, my superduty is only 2wd and that is all she'll go
Old 01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

rc51 has the best forks for the job. 92954 has the best brakes, possibly even too grabby
Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM

fifa is an unknown quantity at this point

929 with rc51 upper tripple so that you can run the dirt bike bars!!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeM
rc51 has the best forks for the job. 92954 has the best brakes, possibly even too grabby

shame RC51 front ends are always a bajillion dollars
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 AM

i looked around and that was for a one with a damaged wheel!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:21 AM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
i looked around and that was for a one with a damaged wheel!

exactly
Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

i picked up a set of rc forks for 200. got real lucky

shame they dont use the same axle as the 929
Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
i picked up a set of rc forks for 200. got real lucky

shame they dont use the same axle as the 929
probably just an easy spacer or bearing swap no?

I have a friend that's got chrome RC wheels on his 929

Don't know what he did though.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by kj
probably just an easy spacer or bearing swap no?

I have a friend that's got chrome RC wheels on his 929

Don't know what he did though.
my plan is to run 929 triples and rc forks, to maximize height. I was going to put some work in to make the 929 wheel fit, but im feeling real lazy lately. with rc bearings and spacers it would work except for the rotors

Quick Reply: F4i Front End