re-inforce tail section???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: re-inforce tail section???

By the way, Tony didn't have the parts on him but I got on his *** about shipping them out.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nags
Oh trust me. Work has been did.

did you get my parts from tony
Old 12-18-2007, 11:22 AM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
first off slick rick.. you must be a flaming ****** cause i seen you post that **** so many fuckn times... take your gayness elsewere...
an jt i dunno if you have seen the plate i build outside the fairing on my f4i.. i love it.. solid feeling an confident when i jump to it...
but i could easily make one that is covered with foam for under the fairing...
nah kyle i havent seen it do u have a pic by chance??

and S.I.T. if u can post pix when u do yours as well please do
Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

get some fiberglass in there, I bought a can of resin and one pack of cloth. Was enough to do about 5 or 6 layers in the tail, feels 10 times stronger than it used to feel, no more flexing, super solid!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

i agree fiberglassing will work.. but i like the security an stregth of a metal plate with grip tape... i can hop an lean an push on it how ever i want an it aint goin on were.... fiberglass will eventually break again...
Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

true that, I'm going off *****'s old f4i, he fiberglassed it and then put some wood under the tail as well. When he crashed that bike went dragging a good bit, not one crack on the tail.

so yeah I'm putting some wood under my tail this week hopefully, then my tail will be diesel :YEAH
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beto
true that, I'm going off *****'s old f4i, he fiberglassed it and then put some wood under the tail as well. When he crashed that bike went dragging a good bit, not one crack on the tail.

so yeah I'm putting some wood under my tail this week hopefully, then my tail will be diesel :YEAH
true story
Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

i agree fiberglassing will work.. but i like the security an stregth of a metal plate with grip tape... i can hop an lean an push on it how ever i want an it aint goin on were.... fiberglass will eventually break again...
Depending on how thick you do it, fiberglass can be as strong as steel

THe problem is, when people (idiots) do body work on a car, and use fiberglass, tehy use 1-3 layers, making for a VERY weak spot.. Then when it cracks/breaks, everyone talks **** on glass

However when you say build a speaker box with glass, you don't stop glassing tell you can stand on top of the box and JUMP with all your might.. If it flexes or breaks, its too thin and the sub would make it flex..

After 6-8 layers of glass, it becomes rock hard and a hammer wont do much too it

But it does take a lot of layers

I haven't done it, but I have been considering filling the rear section of my tail with tons of fiberglass, as well as reinforcing the rest of it with 2-3 layers.. That way I can scrape tail like its a round bar.. (right now scraping plastic and my tail section is about to blow off, but damn I love scraping without a bar)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

wood

Name:  wood005.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  37.2 KB
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 PM

projectTSI96 is a decent person

somethin like this?

Name:  mattsbike2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  mattsbike1.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  44.4 KB
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by projectTSI96
somethin like this?

you got pics of how it's held on? maybe some with the seat off?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

bann these ***** please nags
Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Scott-
bann these ***** please nags
Already did. This was like the 3rd or 4th time warning/banning them. Needless to say they're both gone permanatley this time.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nags
Oh trust me. Work has been did.
alright!!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 PM

I love how that kid tried so hard to fit in by constantly posting that **** and now that I've banned him I've had a ton of people PM me and thank me and other people are so happy he's gone lol
Old 12-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by atnuts
you got pics of how it's held on? maybe some with the seat off?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...1-aa0a71209096

you gotta talk to matt, he makes and sells them...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

somethin like this?

hahhahaha YYAaaaa.. like that but without a sparkly seat

thats alil richard simmons dont you think....

but mine doesnt curve with the tail all the way down like that...
its not needed for me cause i dont stand there...
plus if i do crash thats harder the the tail section... which hurts like hell.. i hit mine first time i tried it... had to shave it down alil an now its perfect...
i love it....

SCOTT!
why dont you tell everyone about yer fancy tail section

***** pretty

i think you need some pinstriping on it thou... purple pinstriping to match yer purple tank!

hahahaa
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...1-aa0a71209096

you gotta talk to matt, he makes and sells them...
thanks man, do you have his email or is he a member on here? I don't have myspace
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atnuts
thanks man, do you have his email or is he a member on here? I don't have myspace

+1 no myspace here either
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM

hahhahaha YYAaaaa.. like that but without a sparkly seat

thats alil richard simmons dont you think....
eh, its not mine

Quick Reply: re-inforce tail section???