Flipin Clip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:10 AM

stuntkid17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Flipin Clip-ons

Ok im sure a bunch of you are goin to hate on me but whatever. What is the point of flipin your clip on's and mounting them above the trip tree clamp? And do u think it makes a diff?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Flipin Clip-ons

It makes the bike more comfortable for wheelies. It definitely makes a difference
Old 12-12-2007, 08:20 AM

So would u say flip them and put them above the clamp?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by stuntkid17
So would u say flip them and put them above the clamp?
thats the way to go, as long as your fender wont hit your radiator
Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Hey thanks man! Its nice to see someone tryin to help rather then hate!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuntkid17
Hey thanks man! Its nice to see someone tryin to help rather then hate!
sorry to disappoint you.

tomorrow morning when ur walking to the toilet with ur morning boner. i wish with everything in my sole that you stub your toe, trip, and break ur dick off. have a great day.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:58 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

Originally Posted by [T-Roy]
sorry to disappoint you.

tomorrow morning when ur walking to the toilet with ur morning boner. i wish with everything in my sole that you stub your toe, trip, and break ur dick off. have a great day.
haha!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:15 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

once me and my friend decided to just try flipping the stock f4i clip ons and we thought we were good then i was in a sit down and my ****** clip on came off lol i dont know how i didnt crash cause i got the worst tank slap ever and was only hold in with one hand i had to stop and take a breather after that one
Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

oh needless to say i got some vortex now
Old 12-12-2007, 01:29 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i have tried running clipons flipped and clipons bent forward, but was never able to get used to or like running them like that. fi clipons slightly less than straight is the way to go. i have been riding street my whole life so running handlebars in any other manner just feels like garbage.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by monday518
once me and my friend decided to just try flipping the stock f4i clip ons and we thought we were good then i was in a sit down and my ****** clip on came off lol i dont know how i didnt crash cause i got the worst tank slap ever and was only hold in with one hand i had to stop and take a breather after that one
what the squid?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:20 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

some of the F4i clipons flipped look like they could slip off the top of the tube. i kinda wondered if that has happened to anyone? so i take it just tighten the **** out of them once they are flipped....
Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Ok, Ok... I'm now starting to notice where all the hate is comin from when someone posts the same old thread about the same old ****** questions.

Could be cuz I haven't worked all week I got about 8 hours of chainsaw work in my yard alone from felled limbs (ice) and electrical work,
re-connecting main service lines to some outbuildings here at the farm that the limbs ripped out of the walls and ****! So that could make me a bit extra grumpy tonight, but damn people.

.......after 900 posts it has taken me this long to say come on people... try to search with the search button. I am guilty of the reposted thread a time or two about somin stupid (not something about a set up procedure that EVERYONE has on thier bike at least) but I also have(and still sometimes do) use the damn search option.... you should try it

Oh and after swap, flip and turning out mine... I'm getting a DB set up. **** it.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM

well we did tighten the **** out of them and somehow still work themselves loose
Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

I flipped and turned out my 03 636 and I must say that was the easiest thing to do with the best results. It took a minute to get useto it but I got the hang of it quick. I left my tripple alone though. I may flipp it sometime in the future when I get a little better.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:46 PM

6DoubleR is an unknown quantity at this point

i got woodcrafts flipped and turned out and i love it...feels damn nice in a whoolie
Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

on a f4i just get dirt bars, they rock

but on 636 just flip the stock ones they are even better

better idea, put 636 clipons flipped on your f4i:YEAH
Old 12-12-2007, 11:53 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i have tried running clipons flipped and clipons bent forward, but was never able to get used to or like running them like that. fi clipons slightly less than straight is the way to go. i have been riding street my whole life so running handlebars in any other manner just feels like garbage.

+1

FI are nice.... but convertibars 0 degree are really really nice.... especially turned out wide w/ a HoHey top triple. Best setup i've found yet.

For some reason clipons w/ angle flipped feel like complete **** to me... as do dirt bars (too up close and down low in a wheelie), although the width and leverage w/ dirt bars is nice.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 AM

i got vor clips but i just didnt no about puttin them abopve the clamp. Thats all.