What a job...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point
What a job...

I just got out of the military and I have been working as a parts manager at a local Honda bike shop. I work everyday from 9am until 6pm and Saturdays 9am until 3pm. Sometimes I pull even longer hours...I'm way behind in the game for my age and all I can do is day dream about riding. I'm thinking about paying off all my debt and just working a part time job to get more time to stunt. What's everyone do for a job or to support their habitual stunt fixes?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person
Re: What a job...

i go to school every day 5 days a week and work at a paint and body shop after for about 2-2.5 hours. and i work all summer and il ride everyday after work. but i also dont work any weekends which is nice. i think im gonna keep this job after high school too as a painter or body tech. im happy i dont want to go to ****** college decent money is the paint work too..
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM

busta_yo_arse is a decent person

I worked at a yamaha shop but they fucked me over $ wise so now i work for At&t and am finishing up college full time...but after classes are up in the spring ill have a lot more stunt quality time:YEAH
Old 12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

spiller03 is an unknown quantity at this point

i work on heavy equipment 40-50 hours a week and go home to watch my kid everday.... and dont have anytime for stunting anymore... 3grand for a stunted 600rr any takers
Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Grip72 is a decent person

i work 7-4:30ish m-f w/ every second friday off...having a logn weeekend every second week is aawesome but i've been working alot of OT lately onfriday's off...booo urns
Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

im a sheetmetal worker... i work 7-330 mon-fri and im makin 40k at 22yrs old... and that will go up next year
Old 12-04-2007, 07:57 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

going to college for police foundation hahaha...but i work full time everyday 6am-7pm in construction...but the best part is i get to choose if i wanna work saturdays...an sundays i get off...so its all good for now
Old 12-04-2007, 07:58 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

i work as a full time mechanic and ride in the evenings and weekends
Old 12-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

I'm a single dad, I work 9 hrs a day I get sunday off I work at my familys carlot.... i come home spend with my son.... and the only time I get to ride is on sundays....
Old 12-04-2007, 09:22 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I just got out of the military and I have been working as a parts manager at a local Honda bike shop. I work everyday from 9am until 6pm and Saturdays 9am until 3pm. Sometimes I pull even longer hours...I'm way behind in the game for my age and all I can do is day dream about riding. I'm thinking about paying off all my debt and just working a part time job to get more time to stunt. What's everyone do for a job or to support their habitual stunt fixes?
i went from semi-calamari, to doin work in 6 months. i would ride everyday after the lots cleared out, but i also had a good teacher. i was able to do this because i was on un-employment, but now, due to that i work my *** off to try and get out of the debt that i racked up. get a monday-friday, ride after work and on weekends and youll progress well. i got good at stuntin, but looking back, def not worth it.

-mexican mayhem
Old 12-04-2007, 09:26 PM

jacktheripper is a decent person

i worked for a neo **** with Sadistic personality disorder and a crack head..... no ****...

one hell of a lawsuit coming for this psychopath mother ******... he don't know it yet.. or he would try to kill me... which he did once or twice.. now the police are catching on to this *******.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jacktheripper
i worked for a neo **** with Sadistic personality disorder and a crack head..... no ****...

one hell of a lawsuit coming for this psychopath mother ******... he don't know it yet.. or he would try to kill me... which he did once or twice.. now the police are catching on to this *******.
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

-mexican mayhem
Old 12-04-2007, 09:34 PM

killthatoneguy is a decent person

from the time i was 15-18 i worked at a honda dealer in reno sellin parts for close to nothin an hour, had a shitty truck no streetbike, i had a fiddy and a cr 250, at 18 started workin for a small company that built prisoner seats for police vehicles, im now 19 have a new gsxr 600(paid off:YEAH ) a nice newer truck i live by myself, my life changed like crazy in a year, and the fam i work for are the best, they even loaned me money to buy my gsxr which i worked overtime to pay off, AND i have a key to the shop which lets me build anything i feel the need to (i do all the welding and metal work for the company)

spiller03, could you send me some pics of the rr? gila_slim@yahoo.com
Old 12-04-2007, 09:36 PM

MXinAintEZ86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a framer.. doin commercial metal stud framing and some drywall intell I get into the carpenters union. Did you get any schooling done in the military? If not I'd say start an apprenticeship in any of the trades, they all make pretty good money if ya hustle.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM

SickTrickRick is an unknown quantity at this point

im in the carpenters union to, bust my *** during the day stunt at night and on the weekends, no time for anything else
Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

don't be a slave to the man...find a way to work for YOU, not the guy who owns the shop.

and also, do something you love to do and then it wont be work...money is not everything.

one thinga bout working at a dealership is that most guys there get burnt out and don't even ride...it's sad really bc most guys start bc they love bikes, but time always turns them into non riders. dont be that guy!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
don't be a slave to the man...find a way to work for YOU, not the guy who owns the shop.

and also, do something you love to do and then it wont be work...money is not everything.

one thinga bout working at a dealership is that most guys there get burnt out and don't even ride...it's sad really bc most guys start bc they love bikes, but time always turns them into non riders. dont be that guy!
amen brother
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 PM

MXinAintEZ86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gixer1
im in the carpenters union to, bust my *** during the day stunt at night and on the weekends, no time for anything else
word, but you forgot beer, there's always time for beer good sir.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

That is exactly what has been going through my mind as of late Teach. I love riding. I can't, nor do I really want to stunt 8 hours a day, everyday, but I have been killing my brain trying to figure out what to do with my life and still keep stunting as a big part.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM

...In addition, it's frustrating as hell learning. I ride with a couple guys here, but we have no one to learn from. It's a constant uphill battle learning new stuff. Not enough seat time combined with a lack of instruction is not conducive to learning....

Quick Reply: What a job...