Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 PM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: i know its been talked about but i need some help with circles

**** circles lol
wrecking sucks
Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 PM

f4izzy is an unknown quantity at this point

its all about smoothness at first... keep it steady an you'll get them big circles real quick... an your natural reaction when the bike starts to lean over is to correct it, but you have to get over that habit an jus kinna lock yourself in the lean an at the same time don't let the front tire get to low. if it does i would suggest jus to let it down an start over or expect to high side when you try an gas too much to bring the front tire back up...
Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by dscamry
what about to the left rog's?

OMR for pres
OMR subcages.......get your today!!
Originally Posted by Towlieee
Just curious, that wheelie in your avatar is you playing around right??

If thats as high as your getting wheelies, quit dreaming about circles..

But if your rocking idle, then get them ******* down!

btw im just starting to attempt circles also.. Tried a couple times yesterday but didn't spend a bunch of time at it

Hope to get out tonight

btw whats soo bad about left hand circles?
I figured going what direction your comfortable with would be the best bet??

I can spin sit down, staggard, and SS circles on my 150f all day to the left.. And I got combo circles to the left on my 50..
But i can't do a single circle to save my life to the right on my 150f, and I am really sketchy doing right handers on the fiddy...

So I was just gonna attempt left handers.. Prolly staggard or FIB.. But gotta get more comfortable with FIB
left is way easier once you learn but right is safer to learn but harder to perfect then left...lol makes sense to me

when you go left you can't ***** foot around like when your going right ,you have to commit to go left...

you start the same way by getting the bike straight and smooth on idle but instead of dropping back and leaning your body in like when you go right you instead have to drop in a little and then lean the bike in so your body is on the out side of the circle and you are standing over the bike instaed of leaning your body in like you do going to the right ..

staggered is the way i learned left and as i was ready to go left i would just drop in a little extra and transfer all my weight to my left foot and push the bike in towards the center of the circle....

again the secret is keeping the front wheel high because if you let the front wheel down while your turning you will highside

be ready to high side

Last edited by old man roger; 11-16-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 PM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Just curious, that wheelie in your avatar is you playing around right??

If thats as high as your getting wheelies, quit dreaming about circles..

But if your rocking idle, then get them ******* down!

btw im just starting to attempt circles also.. Tried a couple times yesterday but didn't spend a bunch of time at it

Hope to get out tonight

btw whats soo bad about left hand circles?
I figured going what direction your comfortable with would be the best bet??

I can spin sit down, staggard, and SS circles on my 150f all day to the left.. And I got combo circles to the left on my 50..
But i can't do a single circle to save my life to the right on my 150f, and I am really sketchy doing right handers on the fiddy...

So I was just gonna attempt left handers.. Prolly staggard or FIB.. But gotta get more comfortable with FIB
you bet thats ******* around haha i can rock idle go look at my new thread on my pix from tonight theirs better indication on the pix haha but i understand what your saying thats not where near bp haha thank you for pointing that out in the most gentlemen of ways..haha good luck with the circles too!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM

JT905 is a decent person

so went out tonight and was practicing idle and some circles... gettin closer and i found im more comfortable going left lol so ill post some pix. i got all the way around to a 3/4 circle going for a full rotation tommorow!! in the pic u can barely tell im dipping it in but i am... it was shitty light for sure to take pix... but hope u guys can give me some pointers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scrape.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	202613   Click image for larger version

Name:	circles.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	202614  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 PM

JT905 is a decent person

.....................bump
Old 11-18-2007, 09:56 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

you got a 3/4 0 on your first night trying on a gsxr?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
left is way easier once you learn but right is safer to learn but harder to perfect then left...lol makes sense to me

when you go left you can't ***** foot around like when your going right ,you have to commit to go left...

you start the same way by getting the bike straight and smooth on idle but instead of dropping back and leaning your body in like when you go right you instead have to drop in a little and then lean the bike in so your body is on the out side of the circle and you are standing over the bike instaed of leaning your body in like you do going to the right ..

staggered is the way i learned left and as i was ready to go left i would just drop in a little extra and transfer all my weight to my left foot and push the bike in towards the center of the circle....

again the secret is keeping the front wheel high because if you let the front wheel down while your turning you will highside

be ready to high side

haha right on thanks for the tips :YEAH

I'm thinkin circling my 150f will help a little.. Since I know the motion and the feeling of a bigger bike dipping in

I just gotta get used to the power and using idle for circles instead of throttle..

Originally Posted by JT905
you bet thats ******* around haha i can rock idle go look at my new thread on my pix from tonight theirs better indication on the pix haha but i understand what your saying thats not where near bp haha thank you for pointing that out in the most gentlemen of ways..haha good luck with the circles too!

haha ooh ok
Ya your pics look way better now haha
I was like (I hope hes not gonna try dipping a circle in a power wheelie)

Pics look good, definitely spinning them a LOT better then me lol.. I've only made like 5 attempts tho, and they were halfassed attempts
Old 11-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Tony2k2R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way i learned circles was with my idle up real high i think like 4000 or something like that!! i dont know what sproket combo you have but thats a fairly fast role with my set up.... i really just brought it up to BP and then used brake control to bring the bike around ... in my head i did it as 1/4turns intill i learned it then i just connected the peices... once you get it down that way then cut the idle back some and try to throttle through them (makes them ALOT tighter for me) i have been trying to get s/s circles down and i know exactly what you mean about using the throttle and the bike wanting to pull out of the circle or highside! learning on brake control is probly ur best bet if your going to circle right because that not only keeps you in the circle but your mainly gonna be thinking about using your right leg because thats brake side so your weight will also turn you into it!! Circles really arent that hard its just all in your head!! just plan on wreaking and getting frusterated but once you get it down its all worth the work! GOOD LUCK man

BTW gxsr subframes are the worst constructed thing EVER so plan on breaking them! im on number 3 now..
Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

When u start out doing circles, allways look at where u want to go. That helped me a ton. if u are going right, turn your whole head and look over your shoulder it will help. Once u get better u can look away but for me in the beggining I couldnt turn in unless I looked at where i wanted to go.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM

JT905 is a decent person

thanks to everyone givin me tips on this thread, i went out and practiced yesterday and was getting frustrated as hell haha could only do like 1/4 turn sometimes 1/2 and i highsided pretty good on one haha but tryin circles is good fun cant wait cause i know its gonna pay off in the end... got another question also....would it be easier to dip into circles better doing seat standers?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Tony2k2R1

BTW gxsr subframes are the worst constructed thing EVER so plan on breaking them! im on number 3 now..
good point my **** was all loose and shaking yesterday just from 12ing a couple times ..i know its not fucked up structurally but **** if it can get that loose from a couple taps i dont know how these people who slam there **** to the bar dont **** there subframes up haha
Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

good point my **** was all loose and shaking yesterday just from 12ing a couple times ..i know its not fucked up structurally but **** if it can get that loose from a couple taps i dont know how these people who slam there **** to the bar dont **** there subframes up haha
be carful man

loose is just 1 step closer to breaking lol

I was out watching someone in KC stunt a few weeks ago on a gixxer, first gixxer I've seen stunted in person..

He was doing nice slow circles, then he went back on one and jumped off, but kept ahold of teh bars and let the bike hit the subframe..

Then he gives me this bad look, and I notice his frame is snapped at the sub frame tabs
Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

My sub kept getting loose every time I would ride. Just buy some longer bolts and put a nut and lock washer on the inside.

Advice: If the second picture you posted was you attempting circles ... get the front tire up more. And for myself, I had to learn foot in the bar to the left. Can't do staggered on the pegs yet.

GSXR's really aren't that bad to learn on ... just VERY fragile. I tried riding my buddies F4I and it was just way too weird for me. I guess that's because this is my first bike and I am just so used to it.

Last edited by AntwanRTTG; 11-19-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM

JT905 is a decent person

hell yea just did that and it helped a **** load ..thanks buddy!