No Titled Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 PM

investor7523 is a decent person
No Titled Bikes

didnt want to threadjack the f2 thread, so sorry if this is repetitive. i am looking into buying an f4, and not sure if its worth it. its got no title, but its setup (905 cage, bar, geared, 600rr front end, hb, si subcage). im tryin to get it into the low 1000's because of parts, even though it doesnt have a title. itll be my first stunter, and id only be ridin the empty lots on campus. besides the fact that its carbed, is it worth it to get a no titled bike? i know alot of people have em, but whats your experiences with em? thanks, gary.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 AM

sytfu_RR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No Titled Bikes

well if the cops show up and decide to check you may be in some ****, no title usually means stolen. Unless the guy is going to give you a bill of sale, then maybe.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeah man if you are going to do a bill of sale's for it. Get someone to run the vin # on the site. Like if your friends with a cop or something like that.

If not i would either get a different frame OR get them vin numbers off. Cause if your in a parking lot & the cops come in and wanna see proff of ownership or something like that & that vin comes up stolen OR you cannot prove it's yours. They are gonna bend you over and F your stuff up.
Or impound the bike.

Hope it helps!!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
If not i would either get a different frame OR get them vin numbers off....

could you see a cop bein like... "lemme see your frame....... oh, ok.... you have the numbers ground off... your free to go".....
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

my boy is in that boat, he bought a bike. it was a theft recovery, he got the bill of sale and such. i looked at it and noticed the bike had no vin on the frame.

he called the guy and they decided to go to the dmv or whatever to get it resolved. next thing you know the guy got killed.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 AM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't take off the VIN -- leave it alone. Ask the guy if it's stolen and let him know that you need a bill of sale and you're going to have the DMV or police run the VIN. If he's ok with it, run it, get a bill of sale from him, and you should be ok. Otherwise, pass.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^^Thats the way to go especially if you are gonna ride it on campus. Where I went to school campus police were rent a ***** with a huge chip on thier shoulders. if nothing else buy it and look for a frame to swap. then you have a cheap stunt bike
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM

chet3310 is a decent person

Run the VIN# and if clean buy the bitch. Don't forget a bill of sale as well!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM

alright, thanks for everybodys help . some good things to think about. im not sure how campus cops would be with it. i was at a bus stop one time with a bunch of people who had alcohol and weed on them and one cop pulled up and just started bullshittin with them about weed and seemed pretty cool *cough* corrupt *cough. then, he gets a call and rips his car out of the bus stop. but then again, ive had wannabe rockstar cops confront me about jaywalking.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

**** id buy it for a grand and then pay 700-1300 for a clean title frame, but my friend has a no title bike and the cops gave him **** at our spot last weekend and now he has a court date.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Your gonna ride a no title bike on CAMPUS?

I dunno how your campuses work, but around here, that would be INSTANT impound, tickets, and possibly going to jail..

Around here you can't just go ******* off in a campus parking lot doing whatever you want.. They will bust your *** quick

And our small campus in our town, is patroled 24/7 by police officers with guns.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

johnny25 is a decent person

hey what does they bike you want to buy look like
Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I dunno how your campuses work, but around here, that would be INSTANT impound, tickets, and possibly going to jail..

Around here you can't just go ******* off in a campus parking lot doing whatever you want.. They will bust your *** quick

And our small campus in our town, is patroled 24/7 by police officers with guns.
yeh man, i was kind of lookin around for lots and i found a huge parking lot that is a spare lot for the football games. its kinda far back a ways from the main street so i thought maybe there. but i can i see what you mean, because they probably wouldnt let that **** fly on a school campus. thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by johnny25
hey what does they bike you want to buy look like
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/462...4-stunter.html

heres the link. is that the bike that got stolen from you awhile back? and have you been workin on that suicide jump lately or no since you dont have a bike?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

what do you guys think the best way to do a b.o.s? write on paper, or type it? just seeing what people have done in the past
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
yeah man if you are going to do a bill of sale's for it. Get someone to run the vin # on the site. Like if your friends with a cop or something like that.

If not i would either get a different frame OR get them vin numbers off. Cause if your in a parking lot & the cops come in and wanna see proff of ownership or something like that & that vin comes up stolen OR you cannot prove it's yours. They are gonna bend you over and F your stuff up.
Or impound the bike.

Hope it helps!!
Every state's VTR laws are a little bit different, but I would imagine filed off VINS don't fly in ANY state. Here that would be a felony for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle (stolen bike) and another felony for altering VIN numbers.

Just because a bike doesn't have a title doesn't mean you can't get one for it. In many places you can call the non-emergency number for your local PD and get them to run the VINs. If they come back clean the DMV/DPS/VTR/whateverthefuckyourstatecallsit and generally do a more thorough check that will be required if you try to get a bonded title for it.

Go to the place where you register vehicles, ask questions in person (it's been my experience that over the phone gets you **** answers) and see if you can get a BONDED title. If so, buy the bike, then look through the phone book for cheapo auto insurance places, most of them sell SURETY BONDS, you will need this to get a bonded title.

If you can get a title there is no ******* way I would pay more than $1500 for it, more like $1K. If you can't, I wouldn't **** with it, no worth risking a FELONY. That will put something on you that you can't get off.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Not to mention kicked out of school!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cin-O-Nasty
what do you guys think the best way to do a b.o.s? write on paper, or type it? just seeing what people have done in the past
You can get nice generic bills of sale from the tax office or local banks here in Texas. Also, a bill of sale doesn't really mean dick down here in terms of ownership. All it really does is help determine what you paid for a vehicle in certain situations so the state knows how much to tax you.

....and for any fucksticks from Texas come a long saying different about the tax thing, I said CERTAIN situations (bonded title, etc.) NOT all situations.