2007 600RR Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM

STICKYstunts is a decent person
2007 600RR Problem

Anybody had problems with the 07 600rr acting weird doing straight line 1st stuff? When you are cruising it doesnt have a steady feel in the wheelies. The engine sounds like its hitting the revlimiter in midrange. The ECU has been reset, didnt help. The idle was turned up higher, which helped for about a week, now its acting up again. Anyone have a solution to this?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2007 600RR Problem

Sounds messed up . It should be under warranty . Take it back and show the dealers before it gets worse .

Make them test ride it .
Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crazy D
Sounds messed up . It should be under warranty . Take it back and show the dealers before it gets worse .

Make them test ride it .
I don't know if you should show the fine folks at the Honda dealership how your bike doesn't run right while you're doing wheelies. They tend to not want to cover your bike under warranty for things like that.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

some people say disconnecting the speed sensor makes it work a little better for stunting
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Its Tong Woo's bike. I think it only does it when you turn the idle up but Im not sure. He can do circles on it fine. But, when you do straight line wheelies, it starts acting up. He's ready to trade it for an f4i or 636. Bike only has 500 miles on it.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:26 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

get a kawi baby!!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i did some circles on one and i didn't like it at all but i will say it does wide fast circle damn near on it's own
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JEFF4EZ
I don't know if you should show the fine folks at the Honda dealership how your bike doesn't run right while you're doing wheelies. They tend to not want to cover your bike under warranty for things like that.

If you read his statement , he said also said the bike sounded louder in the mid-range rpms .

And turning up the idle isn't the solution .
Old 11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

That's weird. My girls 05 636 did some **** like that right after we bought it. It felt like it was hitting rev limiter at about 6-7 grand. Blackdog told me it was in safe mode or some **** like that. I don't know anything about that but I know that we replaced the fuel pump and cleaned and relined the gas tank and it's been fine ever since. Maybe it is something like that. I know Honda has FI fault indicator or whatever it is and if something isn't right in the motor or fuel system it might not let it go above certain rpm's. **** who knows. Good luck with it anyway.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by **superstunna**
get a kawi baby!!
Thats what I got! Woo needs to switch to a kawi.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

did you unplugged the speed sensor??? i didnt have a problem with mine. i cant do circles so goin in a straight line was my only option. haha. didnt have a problem with that.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 AM

The speed sensor has been disconnected already.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a small issue with my bike actin up a lil bit when it first got to about 500 miles as did Bullo. but then after that it ran better than it ever did. i usually found that when i ran the idle at just under 4k, the motor ran smoother and you didnt feel that 2nd stage hard engine brake as much.

then again, the cali bikes have more emission BS put on our bikes. maybe the cali emissions BS actually helped us Cali guys out this time. haha
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

Its Tong Woo's bike. I think it only does it when you turn the idle up but Im not sure. He can do circles on it fine. But, when you do straight line wheelies, it starts acting up. He's ready to trade it for an f4i or 636. Bike only has 500 miles on it.
If Idle has been raised by the normal idle adjuster, it's gonna mess up the fuel mixture. normal adjuster doesn't adjust throttle butterflys, it adjust bypass valves. When this is done, the engine gets more air, but because the throttle butterflys doesn't turn the throttle position sensor doesn't move. and ecu cannot compensate. There is also intake pressure sensor, ecu probably gets confused.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Jaket
If Idle has been raised by the normal idle adjuster, it's gonna mess up the fuel mixture. normal adjuster doesn't adjust throttle butterflys, it adjust bypass valves. When this is done, the engine gets more air, but because the throttle butterflys doesn't turn the throttle position sensor doesn't move. and ecu cannot compensate. There is also intake pressure sensor, ecu probably gets confused.
yep you need to add a second idle cable to open the butterflies and it's a bitch on the 07 because of the cross bar on the frame......
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 AM

gsxr"d is a decent person

I didn't get the part how he's done 500 miles on a 07 and wants to swap for an f4i or kwakka? My 07 does sound likes its revvin of its **** at 6 grand in 2nd though. Either than that the rear pegs are poo. Haven't looked at the idle yet either. The bikes solid other than the pegs AND OMR, Did you put the second idle cable on the rr?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:39 AM
also known as OMR

yep and i have the cure for the poo pegs too.....lol

OMR SUBCAGE.....
Old 11-04-2007, 04:51 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Yo maybe you should ask BULLO cuz he rock one and it seems like he doesnt have a problem....ask him for more information to see whats the sercet to solve the problem.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:58 AM

GORBO is a decent person

suscribed..
Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Yo, thanks for the advice guys... I got an idle cable running straight to the throttlebodies, speed sensor disconnected, even tried disconnecting the electric aicv which apparently is the cause of the 2 stage engine brake.... I can turn the idle up high and it will rev back like a slow rev limiter..."bah! bah! bah! bah!" It does the same thing if I hold the throttle steady. Last night I was ready to pour gasoline on all over it and light a match. I really think that this bike is garbage.

Quick Reply: 2007 600RR Problem