another H/B ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point
another H/B ?

sorry in advance...

i'm trying to instal a GP Tech fitting. this thing is a pain in my ***. i can't find their website so i looked at fullthrottle's and they have a pdf page with pictures, anyhow. it says there is supposed to be a dust cover over top of a snap ring. after fumbling with it for a while i ripped out the plastic fitting, there was no snap ring or rubber o-ring. the plastic piece is just shoved down in there and held by a metal lip on the inside. i don't need the plastic piece so no biggie but my GP Tech fitting doesn't fit down in there. the metal lip keeps it from goin in. i have some pictures to show maybe i have the wrong fitting but i know there is only 2 kinds. a round one and a teardrop one. anybody know what i'm doin wrong? i don't wanna just hammer it down in there.

Name:  DSC00497.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  74.7 KB
Name:  DSC00498.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  53.5 KB

Last edited by [T-Roy]; 10-03-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: another H/B ?

http://www.gptechllc.com/
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 PM

sativa lover is an unknown quantity at this point

haha.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bro, I don't know ****, but, is there a c-clip or set screw? if not, check out this thread,https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...handbrake.html, i hope it helps, but i don't know, just trying
Old 10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

i take it you got your bike back??

i know... im outta the loop....
Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you remove a circlip? it looks like the fitting may be too big.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 PM

yea there was no cir clip, fitting is too big!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
i take it you got your bike back??

i know... im outta the loop....
yea i raised a bunch of hell and got it back that night
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by __sam__
hey bro, I don't know ****, but, is there a c-clip or set screw? if not, check out this thread,https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...handbrake.html, i hope it helps, but i don't know, just trying
yea bro, you hit right on the head. it is neither the clip nor the set screw kind it is different. only came on a few of the 03-05 r6's and no other bikes. wtf? anyway i'm gonna just try to sway my rear master for an older one.

thanks guys.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:41 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiddypimp
yea i raised a bunch of hell and got it back that night
sweet
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 AM

yessir
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 AM

RAMSTUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha, yeah that blows, that brembo rear master isnt going to work, you need the other style from an older r6 im sure you can round one up on ebay or on here pretty cheap. I never wouldve known but a guy i work with had the same problem, i think he ended up using a f4i rear master and h/b adapter. Good luck
Old 10-04-2007, 12:33 AM

b16_rex is a decent person

Hey man i have been working on the whole thing all week i took the fitting to a machine shop and got it machined to look just like the factory on so it fit in the rubber gromit it work but the problem is when you hit the handbrake to hard there is so much pressure it will pop out of you master cyllinder so i safety wired it and us weld appoxy so it work just cant hit it to hard so i order the hohey bracket and going to run two calipers. They say it you can find a master cylinder from a older r6 the fitting will work but im not sure. I do no that no one i could find make a fitting for the 03-05 r6 good luck

Tyler
Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by b16_rex
Hey man i have been working on the whole thing all week i took the fitting to a machine shop and got it machined to look just like the factory on so it fit in the rubber gromit it work but the problem is when you hit the handbrake to hard there is so much pressure it will pop out of you master cyllinder so i safety wired it and us weld appoxy so it work just cant hit it to hard so i order the hohey bracket and going to run two calipers. They say it you can find a master cylinder from a older r6 the fitting will work but im not sure. I do no that no one i could find make a fitting for the 03-05 r6 good luck

Tyler
i almost got a rear master off someone at the spot tonight but it was for an f4i, useless for me cause it uses the teardrop style adapter.

no biggie though, i'm just gonna go to a local shop here Rad's Cycles, i'm sure he'll swap my master for an older r6 master. H.A.I. said they would swap out my fitting but either way i have to get a diff master cause the fittings for this one are hard to come by.

somebody at the spot told me fullthrottle makes em now . will be easiest for me to try to swap somebody. wish me luck.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 AM

The problem is if they make a fitting for the 03-05 r6 there is no way for it to stay in the master cylinder cause the only thing that holds it down in there is the rubber gromit like i said i got mine machined to fit, it works but will pop out of the master cylinder if you hit the brake to hard. but i think it will fit in the 99-02 r6. take my word it is a pain in the *** i have been working on this **** for over a week. Let me no what you do and how it works
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 AM

ok i believe you. i'm just gonna try to swap for any round type master so the fitting i already have will fit. the guy should do it. he's cool as ****. but if not a buddy of mine has a gixxer rear master i'll get off him and swap out fittings with H.A.I.

will the gixxer master mount up to my footpeg? prolly not huh?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 AM

Na i dont think the gsxr on will fit cause if i recall the bolt holes are at a different spot and the rod wont line up dont hold me against that though. if you figure out what your going to do and and get it to work let me no cause i have a couple of buddys that are going through the same thing and i dont know the exact setup that works since im just going to do duel caliper setup. let me no GOOD LUCK! peace
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

yeah , u gotta go with FTI ...FTI makes em much better than GP tech which it is very easy to install & solid.

go that way.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:35 AM

LeePhengthirath is an unknown quantity at this point

how does that work? is it suppose to just slip in, no threads?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

http://fullthrottleinc.net/Product_I...ll_revised.pdf

Quick Reply: another H/B ?