kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Stunt.ca

Fiks is an unknown quantity at this point
kill switch

do you bypass your kill switch or relocalise it???

yesterday I was doing a HC and was just moving my legs around when I guess I touched the kill switch, bike went down FAST, I got ejected and the bike fell down on me. Hopefully I had my body armour but still I can barelly move my right arm today and got some road rash on my hips.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:49 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: kill switch

Drill a screw in it or if you want something removeable then heat up a cotter pin with a lighter or something and then push it through the switch.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM

nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

guys drill a small hole going sideways thru the kill switch and put something like a safety pin thru it so it wont turn off
Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Bypassed mine inside the sleeve where it connects to the clipon. Never had a problem with it. IF ur gonna do highchair, then the bypass is a MUST. Lucky man u didnt hurt urself any worse. Anytime the bike loses power (especially ALL power), front of the bike with drop like a hooker over $100 bucks....=-)
Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got a heated cotter pin driven through mine. I can pop it out if im riding twisties or whatever, and pop it in and fold the ends for stunting. Im not doing any HC **** yet (new bike, newer stuntrider) but its there.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM

N*A*M is an unknown quantity at this point

exact same thing happened to our team mate... nastiest stack i've ever seen!

on the f2, mine is drilled with a split pin through it
on the f4i, the whole throttle has been rotated forwards, so the start button is on top and the kill switch is protected by the brake master
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

cotter pins save lives!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:17 PM

El_Guyo is a decent person

ya, mine is also drilled with a cotter pin through it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

hardwire it(connect both wires so it always on) or pin it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the saftey pin the best
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm...never had that problem. on hc i always keep my legs in the center and shift my butt to steer.....never hit in on any pull throughs or jumps either. ??

i like my kill switch, saves motors when you have an accident and the throttle gets stuck or it's a runaway bike.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
hmm...never had that problem. on hc i always keep my legs in the center and shift my butt to steer.....never hit in on any pull throughs or jumps either. ??

i like my kill switch, saves motors when you have an accident and the throttle gets stuck or it's a runaway bike.
Not being a smartazz, but thats what they make an ignition switch for. Bike seems to die when u turn the key off, hehe....=-)
Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Not being a smartazz, but thats what they make an ignition switch for. Bike seems to die when u turn the key off, hehe....=-)
if you can ****** a key between an acerbis headlight and db bars when the bike is wildly out of control then you are a better man than I. I've had to chase down more than a few bikes that have gone rouge when someone has messed up a stunt and it's easier to slap a kill switch on a handlebar than try to dig for a key when you are running full speed or the bike is spinning like crazy.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:16 AM

if you can ****** a key between an acerbis headlight and db bars when the bike is wildly out of control then you are a better man than I. I've had to chase down more than a few bikes that have gone rouge when someone has messed up a stunt and it's easier to slap a kill switch on a handlebar than try to dig for a key when you are running full speed or the bike is spinning like crazy.
That is very true, but what if the bike lands on the kill switch side. Doesnt it make it hard to hit the kill switch on the bottom side....=-)

Either way, guess it has its ups and down as with everything else in life...=-)
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on the key between the acerbis and DB's. I was chasing my bike last night. LOL
Old 09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
That is very true, but what if the bike lands on the kill switch side. Doesnt it make it hard to hit the kill switch on the bottom side....=-)

Either way, guess it has its ups and down as with everything else in life...=-)
then you just kick it

Originally Posted by SliverR6
+1 on the key between the acerbis and DB's. I was chasing my bike last night. LOL

see, i don't lie, you have to have carny hands or some junk to get in there in a flash
Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I use a spring clip through the kill switch, on a 6" cord. I only put it in for highchairs and **** where im in danger of kicking the switch, the rest of the time it stays clipped onto a throttle cable.

Ive kicked the switch off twice now pulling through. Not fun.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Pull in the clutch
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Joker
Pull in the clutch
never chased an out of control bike before huh? i'd rather not grab the clutch when i'm runnign and try to hold onto the bike. easier to just smack the kill switch and run away and watch it fall down.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:56 PM

spoondogg is a decent person

thats what i love about my f2 ..... if its on its side for more than about 5-6 sec i just dies

Quick Reply: kill switch