Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 AM

DOPEY187 is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

im a new be, and thanks im a check out that site see whats up
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 AM

backroadmelisha is a decent person
Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

great site for a newbie like me. got a lot of good answers. still have one more. i ride in jacket and dragging jeans but even so when i looped out my gsx i tore huge chunks of meat off my knees after the dragging jeans twisted down over my knee caps. anyone know a good set of knee pads. If i'm going down on tarmac i'd love something better than mx or bmx pads and my dragging jeans ended up so twisted round they were allmost back to front.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM

low_mentality is a decent person

I might have to check into this thumb throttle setup. or look more into the thumb/wrist combo
Old 05-03-2010, 12:33 AM

SEE_BEE_ARE is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
none of the newbs will look at this thread
but thats where your wrong sir. ahah. im def not afraid to admit im a noob when it comes to stunting. and this is the first thread i have read. womp womp. i need to learn ****.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 PM

bsvitak is a decent person

Like you said everyone's gotta start somewhere so why not here? I got a bike and looking to really get into stunting. I can do little **** but nothing major and isnt that why this site is here? to discuss everything about stunting. I understand some people may ask some really stupid questions, sometimes they ask questions and you think they shouldnt even be riding a bike let alone trying to stunt one, but whats wrong with trying to get some good info from good riders so we may learn from people that have been there and done that. Even if I ask a basic question I obviously dont know the answer and what better place to get it than here. If its a basic question and you think its not a good one than thats fine you dont have to answer but there may be others on this site who might not mind as much. I ride everyday and try and find stunters to ride with and give me advice about my bike and stunts but it aint that easy, Theres not a lot of stunters that I can find so instead of me just pouring money into what could be useless or stupid stunt parts for my bike I can come on here and get a few pointers. Waht might seem like a stupid question to you could be the differance between learning a stunt and recking my bike. As far as spots go, I am always looking for spots on my own I ride around areas and scope them out trying to find all the info I can about them, I look within my area so i know the roads and **** because I know for sure askin for spots on here is def a bad question. Even when I find some good spots I dont have anyone to stunt with or give me pointers and who wants to stunt at a spot alone.. if something happens your screwed. I can ride good I can keep up with the best and all that **** but when it comes to stuntin people are either too cocky and dont wann give u the time of day or u just cant find no one to stunt with. Everybody had to start somewhere you dont just jump on a bike and start dooin circles so the experienced stunters should wanna help the rookies because they know how that **** was when they started. I understand you cant rely on other people and I dont I do my own **** weather Im riding alone or whatever but Im just sayin when I wanna ask a question this should be a good place to do it
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM

goldjothi is a decent person

If you have been stunting for a while, chances are you have a spot, a support group of friends you ride with, and if you are really lucky you have a resident pro (or pros) that ride at your spot. With the resources of these people at arms length you probably have a pretty good idea of how to set up a stuntbike. If this isn't your situation, make friends on the boards, load up your bike and ride with people better than yourself. It is only then you will ever truly progress. If a comp comes up within a days drive go support it, if you love this sport help it grow. But I digress, as actively supporting stunt riding isn't what this thread is about.

Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic Dentist
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 AM

ffalknerr77 is a decent person

It's a dangerous passion but please don't try this it's very much risky
__________________________________________________ ______
SEO Agency
SEO Newcastle
Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 AM

bobby12 is a decent person
helmet speakers

i really like to do stunts and i watch stunt mania on mtv i like that show so much i m crazy about stunts
=========================
helmet speakers

helmet speakers

Last edited by bobby12; 08-13-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:51 PM

MarissaMilf is a decent person

Newbie here. Good post helps us out to understand it better. But what I have to ask is there anywhere, where us "newbies" can learn? There has to be someone willing to teach. I would really like to learn the right way and not the "hard way". If there is anyone willing to give us some pointers or insights or willing to go ride that would be great! Just an idea....
Old 08-13-2010, 12:54 PM

roadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to beholdroadsurfr7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarissaMilf
Newbie here. Good post helps us out to understand it better. But what I have to ask is there anywhere, where us "newbies" can learn? There has to be someone willing to teach. I would really like to learn the right way and not the "hard way". If there is anyone willing to give us some pointers or insights or willing to go ride that would be great! Just an idea....
We need pictures MILF!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Lol ok Im still learning
Old 08-13-2010, 06:32 PM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Bill, update that ****. Teach is on a BMW for 2 years now. jk

Marissa, you're in Dallas. I'm sure if you hit up a local pro like he mentioned in the first post, they'll gladly help ya out with the basics. No matter what, it's gonna be work. And not easy. But with the proper help, you definitely can ease some newb troubles. Or come to Salt Lake and I'll help ya out. I can do a wheelie or 2.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Impulse Driven

r-siixrider is a decent person

I'm gonna get a fullthrottle setup on my bike asap so I can start takin my right foot off the brake and steppin up my game, just gotta get some more cash together thanks for the helpful link!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Impulse Driven

r-siixrider is a decent person

Originally Posted by backroadmelisha
great site for a newbie like me. got a lot of good answers. still have one more. i ride in jacket and dragging jeans but even so when i looped out my gsx i tore huge chunks of meat off my knees after the dragging jeans twisted down over my knee caps. anyone know a good set of knee pads. If i'm going down on tarmac i'd love something better than mx or bmx pads and my dragging jeans ended up so twisted round they were allmost back to front.
Check out http://www.leatherup.com/c/Womens-Le...aps/1/114.html (leatherup.com) they have some nice gear at decent prices.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Lol thanks for the advice "nappy". Ill just have to look around and see who would have the time and paitents to be willing to help me out. Like I said I can go out there and try all I want but untill somone tells me the right way to do things it will never be profected.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 PM

ChristAir83 is a decent person
Exclamation Re: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

Hey i've already blown 2 f4i engines due to oil starvation (my mechanic says) while using a stuntex oil pickup. My mechanic said that it is starving during my stoppies. Does anyone know how to mod the new f4i (2002) engine i just bought to keep it from starving not only during wheelies, but also during stoppies??? PLEASE HELP! I can't afford to keep blowing my engine! Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM

K401 is a decent person

im a noob. and tryin to setup my first stunt bike..it looks like a pain in the *** to get a hand brake for the rear wheels all setup... with the foot break still working?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 AM

ChristAir83 is a decent person

Originally Posted by ChristAir83
Hey i've already blown 2 f4i engines due to oil starvation (my mechanic says) while using a stuntex oil pickup. My mechanic said that it is starving during my stoppies. Does anyone know how to mod the new f4i (2002) engine i just bought to keep it from starving not only during wheelies, but also during stoppies??? PLEASE HELP! I can't afford to keep blowing my engine! Thanks.

Nobody? Doesn't anybody have a suggestion???
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 PM

sp33ddemon19 is an unknown quantity at this point

this link is no longer available is there any other way to see this thread/ write up?

Quick Reply: Pro-rider bike set-up - *IF YOU'RE NEW PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*