2nd gear wheelie wobble

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Peelme32 is a decent person
Question 2nd gear wheelie wobble

I can hit my bp on my second gear wheelie about 60mph but after i hit it my bike start walking left and right. It doesn't happen everytime but more often then not. I was wondering if its my stance. i'm most comfortable on my back pegs but i keep my legs slightly bent. i did'nt know if it was how i positioned my self. and i just put new tires on it a week ago....cause i had a very bald tire and i thought maybe that was it. any help to cure the wobble
Old 08-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Re: 2nd gear wheelie wobble

I did read that other guys kinda same question but there was'nt really and answer. I don't have a problem with bp. and it should not be my throttle contol.. cause i'll be running steady for a little bit then it will start walking left and right.... could be one of those but i did'nt think so. i also run my tire at 30 psi
Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 PM

lczx6r is a decent person

lean back... i straiten out my legs and lean back but i do staggard wheelies... and wobble imo comes from your body position.... i noticed when i have to work to get it to my bp it starts to wobble.... just work on gettin it to your bp nice and smooth and quick....that works for me!! :YEAH
Old 08-07-2007, 09:25 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

You say back pegs are you puttin both of your feet on both of your back pegs?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

yeah its ur balance u need to position ur body weight str8 back and just keep it steady
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Squeak85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: 2nd gear wheelie wobble

I have an CBR600RR in when I wheelie slow it wobbles like crazy. But people told me the It was from me looking side to side. Also it can come from throttle chopping or being on the gas or brake to much.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lczx6r
lean back... i straiten out my legs and lean back but i do staggard wheelies... and wobble imo comes from your body position.... i noticed when i have to work to get it to my bp it starts to wobble.... just work on gettin it to your bp nice and smooth and quick....that works for me!! :YEAH
+1. Also I run about 25 PSI. I wobble like a mo fo and I let some air out and that did it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:03 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

The new tire doesn't help.It's not as flat as the old one.Thus making it more sensitive on high wheelies.Remove some pressure or just get used to it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Peelme32
I was wondering if its my stance.

no its because your a squid .

-mexican mayhem
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha ha^^^^
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 PM

Alright...ya i normally just stand on both my back pegs. i don't stagger that much i'm more comfortable back pegs but i'll try leaning back more and staggering
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

no... it's because your a squid and need to learn....60 in second is way too fast and your only power wheeling " not BP" BP in second is creeping around 15 strait up and down. practice is the only way.your wobbling cause your going to fast your body position is wrong....oh and if your not covering the brake while doing rear peg wheelies your asking to flip....have fun@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:01 AM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

i'll give you my brother in law's phone number so you can call and ask him what happens when someone tries to do a highway standup on both back pegs......he looped his **** out with the quickness and almost got ran over my a semi.....if you're gonna do both back pegs then get a HB and know how to use it.....otherwise do staggered so you don't bust your **** up.....jus my
Old 08-08-2007, 12:10 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

i had wobbles when i was learning... i fixed it with lower air pressure... and if it would start to wobble i would clinch my knees in towards the tank.... thats in a stag wheelie too
Old 08-08-2007, 12:18 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
no... it's because your a squid and need to learn....60 in second is way too fast and your only power wheeling " not BP" BP in second is creeping around 15 strait up and down. practice is the only way.your wobbling cause your going to fast your body position is wrong....oh and if your not covering the brake while doing rear peg wheelies your asking to flip....have fun@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you serious? between 45 and 60mph is very reasonable for second gear on the streets with a stock geared bike. if youre doing 15 in 2nd gear on a bike that doesnt have a real big sprocket that bike is gonna get choppy as ****. balance point is never straight up and down, its where youre not chasing speed anymore, and wobbling has nothing to do with going to fast. the slower you go the more the bike wobbles. but the last part you got right, if you dont cover brake you have a real good chance of flipping.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 AM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
are you serious? between 45 and 60mph is very reasonable for second gear on the streets with a stock geared bike. if youre doing 15 in 2nd gear on a bike that doesnt have a real big sprocket that bike is gonna get choppy as ****. balance point is never straight up and down, its where youre not chasing speed anymore, and wobbling has nothing to do with going to fast. the slower you go the more the bike wobbles. but the last part you got right, if you dont cover brake you have a real good chance of flipping.
yes and no.... a bike can wobble like crazy if someone is goin fast chasing fighting to pull the bike to bp.... i've seen a couple bikes wobble the back tire clean out from under the bike.... not a pretty sight.... but ALOT of it is keepin your body steady and smooth and try to work on clutchin strait to BP from about 30-35 in second and you should balance out by 40-45 dont try to PULL it to bp point just work the throttle that way you're not straining yourself and therefore being more smooth oh and like everyone else already told you... COVER YOUR BRAKE!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jixxer6
i had wobbles when i was learning... i fixed it with lower air pressure... and if it would start to wobble i would clinch my knees in towards the tank.... thats in a stag wheelie too
yup

you gotta hold the bitch with your knees or it'll wobble at high speed
Old 08-08-2007, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mikeith
yes and no.... a bike can wobble like crazy if someone is goin fast chasing fighting to pull the bike to bp.... i've seen a couple bikes wobble the back tire clean out from under the bike.... not a pretty sight.... but ALOT of it is keepin your body steady and smooth and try to work on clutchin strait to BP from about 30-35 in second and you should balance out by 40-45 dont try to PULL it to bp point just work the throttle that way you're not straining yourself and therefore being more smooth oh and like everyone else already told you... COVER YOUR BRAKE!!!

i'll try slower i normally clutch up about 40 and hit bp at about 60. i may be getting to my bp to slow. i've been working on that. appricaite the advice i'll focus more on body position and clutchin stright to the bp..
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 AM

Bebo is a decent person

Start doing staggered wheelies, it will be better in the long run or like the other folks said get a HB. As for the wobble, with the new tire its not gonna be as friendly as the older one because its not flat in shape and its not gonna help you stay straight. Drop a little bit of pressure in the rear and that should make a considerable difference...
Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 AM

rwiggins is a decent person

I love the wobbles

Quick Reply: 2nd gear wheelie wobble