SI cage installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person
SI cage installation

do i need to remove the locknuts on the motor mounts or keep them there for it to fit correctly
Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM

STARKS is a decent person
Re: SI cage installation

636 Crash Cage Installation

There are several steps to installing your cage.

Please follow these steps carefully.

TOOLS NEEDED

3/8 drive ratchet, extension and 9/16 socket

¼ drive ratchet, extension, and 9/16 socket

8mm Allen socket or T-Handle

For starters, open your hardware kit and identify all of the bolts.
There will be 3 allen bolts. The one with the silver nut is for the right front mount. The long one without the nut is for the left mount and the short one is for the lower mount. One long bolt for the rear, and 1 spacer which is for the left side of the cage at the front engine mount. Take the 2nd longest Allen bolt and slide it through the front mount of the left side cage. Place the spacer onto the bolt. Take your long rear engine mount bolt and leave one of the nuts on it. Slide it through the rear engine mount first until the front mount bolt can be threaded in. Do NOT snug up the front engine mount bolt yet. Make sure that the rear mount bolt is sticking out of the frame on the other side. Next take your other Allen bolt (the one with the nut) and run it through the front mount on the right side. Get the rear mount bolt through the mount first and turn the nut down a few turns. Do NOT snug it up yet. Now turn the front engine mount bolt in a few turns. Next you will install the lower Allen bolt (short one) into the lower mountconnecting the 2 sides. Then go to the rear mount and tighten it up with the 1/4in drive ratchet and socket. Next you will tighten up the lower engine mount bolt. Lastly tighten the front motor mount bolts up and you are finished.

Still having trouble ? Email us
Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM

F4I Crash Cage Installation

TOOLS NEEDED

Two Allen bolts for the front mounts. One gold bolt and nut for the lower mount. One long bolt for the rear, and two spacers which are for the left side of the cage at the front and rear engine mounts. Take the two spacers and slide them into the frame on the left side at the front and rear engine mounts. Next you will take one of your Allen bolts and slide it through the front mount of the cage. Take your long rear engine mount bolt and leave one of the nuts on it. Slide it through the rear engine mount first until the front mount bolt can be threaded in. Do NOT snug up the front engine mount bolt yet. Make sure that the rear mount bolt is sticking out of the frame on the other side. Next take your other Allen bolt and run it through the front mount on the right side. Get the rear mount bolt through the mount first and turn the nut down a few turns. Do NOT snug it up yet. Now turn the front engine mount bolt in a few turns. Next you will install the lower gold bolt and nut into the lower mount connecting the two sides. Now you will tighten these up. Then go to the rear mount and tighten it up with the 1/4in drive ratchet and socket. Lastly tighten the front motor mount bolts up and you are finished.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

Thanks. I guess I was confused because the spacers came on the allen head bolts that are for the front motor mount, which made me think I was supposed to have one on each side of the front motor mount not that I was supposed to use one on the rear and one on the front of the left side where there are no lock nuts.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 PM

No problem man, alot of people are confused about the spacers. But hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:14 PM

RaysHELL is a decent person

How about for an 04 r6?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

I have put 2 SI cages on 3 F4is and never used the spacers

They have been tight and held up to multiple wrecks :YEAH
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by STARKS
F4I Crash Cage Installation

TOOLS NEEDED

Two Allen bolts for the front mounts. One gold bolt and nut for the lower mount. One long bolt for the rear, and two spacers which are for the left side of the cage at the front and rear engine mounts. Take the two spacers and slide them into the frame on the left side at the front and rear engine mounts. Next you will take one of your Allen bolts and slide it through the front mount of the cage. Take your long rear engine mount bolt and leave one of the nuts on it. Slide it through the rear engine mount first until the front mount bolt can be threaded in. Do NOT snug up the front engine mount bolt yet. Make sure that the rear mount bolt is sticking out of the frame on the other side. Next take your other Allen bolt and run it through the front mount on the right side. Get the rear mount bolt through the mount first and turn the nut down a few turns. Do NOT snug it up yet. Now turn the front engine mount bolt in a few turns. Next you will install the lower gold bolt and nut into the lower mount connecting the two sides. Now you will tighten these up. Then go to the rear mount and tighten it up with the 1/4in drive ratchet and socket. Lastly tighten the front motor mount bolts up and you are finished.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 AM

stuntman29 is a decent person

so for some reason my SI cage came with like 10 different nut and bolt sets and a few extra washers... dont know why but they did...never used em...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I Pop Wheelies

Coteracing438 is a decent person

yeah you guys are lucky, i bought a set of cages from SI and they dont fit my bike, i have an aftermarket exhaust that doesnt alow the front tubes to run between the frame now i have to buy a stock exhaust...w,e its all good