I'm confused about rear brake

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm confused about rear brake

well I did a search on here for rear brake and I was reading up on some info... but I think I just ended up more confused then I was before. What exactly is the use for your rear brake while in a wheelie. I've read things like; its to slow it down, or... to bring it behind balance point, or... bring the bike back down.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 PM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve
Re: I'm confused about rear brake

it does all of the above except brings it behind the balance point... the brake helps you stay past the balace point without busting *** if you use it correctly... if i were you i would go to the local stunt spont and watch a few expericened guys stunt... or buy that kyle woods level x dvd it gives you a basic idea of what is going on
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

for me it is a lifesaver. keeps me from flipping over:YEAH
Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
it does all of the above except brings it behind the balance point... the brake helps you stay past the balace point without busting *** if you use it correctly... if i were you i would go to the local stunt spont and watch a few expericened guys stunt... or buy that kyle woods level x dvd it gives you a basic idea of what is going on
thats what sucks about the local stunt spots... no one really knows what theyre doing... either that or theyre all just satisfied with doing mile long freeway wheelies
I also bought the Kyle woods video, but didnt get much from it

what I'm doing is bringing up the bike from a dead stop to around BP and then just feathering the back brake... am I going about this all wrong??
Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Are you serious?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM

about what part??
Old 04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
if i were you i would go to the local stunt spont and watch a few expericened guys stunt... or buy that kyle woods level x dvd it gives you a basic idea of what is going on
OR you can just go out and learn
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

So ur bringing it from a dead stop to almost bp and riding it out? Or is comin right back down on u? Why are u tryin from a dead stop? Sounds gangster and all but if ur askin what u have to do with your rear brake then im pretty sure ur gonna end up loopin in back on top of u....trust me, it doesnt feel good when the bike drags ur *** down the street, been there. Why dont u try startin out rollin in second gear and the just clutch it up to bp (or close enough till u get comfortable) while covering the rear brake. Just feel what it does for u.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

with gas goes wheelie back, with brake goes wheelie forward or back much not
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

well the problem isnt riding the wheelie out... that i can do... what im trying to do is slow them down now and I wanted to make sure that I was using the back brake properly
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

well you see the rear brake is there for the same reason as the 12 bar. "to stop you from going back too far" ! bwahaha !!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

which video do you have one or two? they go into more depth on advance wheelies(which is two) where they talk about slower stuff and coasters. if you watched two and don't get it stop stunting!!

Last edited by DSC; 04-30-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
which video do you have one or two? they go into more depth on advance wheelies(which is two) where they talk about slower stuff and coasters. if you watched two and don't get it stop stunting!!
I only had the first video... just ordered the second one though
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ok so let me be the *******, if u dont understand the concept of using the rear break theres not anything anyone can tell you to help you figure it out. its not organic chemistry, its reverse of gas. wheelie not high enough use gas, wheelie to high, use brake. everything else like being smooth comes with time and work. if you are still confused sell your bike cuz youre gonna get hurt.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:37 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Xstunt_
OR you can just go out and learn

yeah, but asking a question costs him a minute of his time, and crashing costs alot of fixing time, downtime, nerves, money, injuries...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
well you see the rear brake is there for the same reason as the 12 bar. "to stop you from going back too far" ! bwahaha !!!
you mean I can get a hand bar instead of handbrake?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by theguy386
thats what sucks about the local stunt spots... no one really knows what theyre doing... either that or theyre all just satisfied with doing mile long freeway wheelies
I also bought the Kyle woods video, but didnt get much from it

what I'm doing is bringing up the bike from a dead stop to around BP and then just feathering the back brake... am I going about this all wrong??
you sound like your doing it right just do a couple hundred more and you will have it on lock ....the trick is to get to the point were you are using just enough brake to keep you from falling over backwards but not so much that the bike falls forward......keep practicing and don't sweat the squid skwooshers there just having fun it's there next favorite thing to do after stunting
Old 05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ok so let me be the *******, if u dont understand the concept of using the rear break theres not anything anyone can tell you to help you figure it out. its not organic chemistry, its reverse of gas. wheelie not high enough use gas, wheelie to high, use brake. everything else like being smooth comes with time and work. if you are still confused sell your bike cuz youre gonna get hurt.
maybe he is super adhd like me and has to read **** 5 times before he gets it, and then forgets what he read the first time
Old 05-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Joe 636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
+1

It took me forever to 'actually' learn brake control in conjuction with throttle control...my buddies tried to help, but it took me twelven the sh*t out of my bike too many times to realize how to use the brake...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Joe636
+1

It took me forever to 'actually' learn brake control in conjuction with throttle control...my buddies tried to help, but it took me twelven the sh*t out of my bike too many times to realize how to use the brake...
learn that **** on a dirt bike, or fiddy, its the best way!

Never 'looped' my f4i.. And I got idle down
but I had brake control on lock from my fiddy, so it was nothin on the f4i

Quick Reply: I'm confused about rear brake