Police question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:22 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person
Police question...

I was riding today in a new spot...it's a pretty big lot, half of it is used the other half isn't, it's right off of a really busy road, it took about an hour and a half for the cops to come in. they ran the plates for my truck...and made sure i had a motorcycle license...i said i don't ride this on the road, i take it to a place away from people...blah blah blah...and as they were leaving i asked them would it be a good idea if i left...they said no it doesn't matter, im just wondering why your trespassing....im going to go back cause it's a pretty good spot....i guess my question is... what can they get me with? what i took from the conversation is that they don't really care...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:30 PM

wonderbread is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Police question...

they can probably get you with tresspassing.lol
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

its only trespassing if there are signs posted, closed gates, or the owner has told you to leave before or called the cops about you being there.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:32 PM

*T.J.* is a decent person

FTP
Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 PM

spazmac is an unknown quantity at this point

If they didn't do anything then and you asked if you should go and they still said no then your prob. good at least until someone complains then they have to either kick you out or at the very least stop by to make the person who called happy!! I'd say keep going if its a good spot.

Peace out...
Keep stunting
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM

alright that stright....their aren't any signs or anything thing like that....it's just an "ames" building the was shut down like 6+ years ago, i guess they must not have seen me ride, but i guess they really can't do anything anyway...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 PM

Velocity- is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this an Ames parking lot in Vt????
Old 03-28-2007, 08:43 PM

No it was in NY....i don't even know what "ames" is...
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM

Velocity- is an unknown quantity at this point

ames was like kmart but more ghetto
Old 03-28-2007, 08:50 PM

that would explain why they didn't make it then...but they gave a lot to ride in during the daytime so it's all good...:YEAH
Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Old 03-28-2007, 11:08 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NYstunter636
I was riding today in a new spot...it's a pretty big lot, half of it is used the other half isn't, it's right off of a really busy road, it took about an hour and a half for the cops to come in. they ran the plates for my truck...and made sure i had a motorcycle license...i said i don't ride this on the road, i take it to a place away from people...blah blah blah...and as they were leaving i asked them would it be a good idea if i left...they said no it doesn't matter, im just wondering why your trespassing....im going to go back cause it's a pretty good spot....i guess my question is... what can they get me with? what i took from the conversation is that they don't really care...
the spot i ride at a spot behind lowes i never get ran off i have met all the cops in my town they dont care i tell them i do it back here instead of the streets and if a car comes by i move out of the way bull **** with them for awile introduce myself pretty much be a nice guy and they all have told me its private property so they cant give me a moving violation and to come ride at night when the small buineses shut down. **** tonight i was rollin revlimit coasters in front of two cops and they didnt even come say hi
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NYstunter636
that would explain why they didn't make it then...but they gave a lot to ride in during the daytime so it's all good...:YEAH
what side of the river, poughkeepsie side?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by EZEC
what side of the river, poughkeepsie side?
Yeah...the good side of the river:YEAH...i can't find anywhere to ride during the day...we have a few night spots but thats really it
Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spazmac
If they didn't do anything then and you asked if you should go and they still said no then your prob. good at least until someone complains then they have to either kick you out or at the very least stop by to make the person who called happy!! I'd say keep going if its a good spot.

Peace out...
Keep stunting
Nearly pefectly stated!!!:YEAH
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have had cops come into our spots asking the same ****... every one of them told me the same thing... they just want to know who you are and what your doing there. The reason they run your **** is so if something happen's where the owner reports property damage etc. they can call you in. The big thing here in PA is you have to have proff of ownership on whatever your riding weather your riding on private property or not. There are alot of theft's down here so you have to show it's yours. Even if it's a 50 . . . Kinda a pain in the *** but i guess if you get something stolen it's good they do it.

Last edited by StrictlyStunt; 03-29-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:58 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by *T.J.*
FTP
exactly
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 AM

David D is an unknown quantity at this point

im pretty close holla at your boy.....i mean im a stunter too, even if i only ride a quad... it would still be cool to ride with someone
Old 03-29-2007, 04:55 AM

Ninety8NeonACR is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Wisconsin and have looked up the laws here. You can get popped with trespassing on private property without any of the signs or locked gates or anything as long as there is a complaint. You can get popped on school property without a complain though! Which sucks because my favorite spot was at a school. The statute really didn't say whether it had to be a public school or not to get popped without a complaint though. Also the reason they run everything isn't incase there is property damage though, it is to look for stolen vehicles.
Chris
Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM

david04367 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just moved back to mahopac a week ago and cant find anywhere to ride let me know when your goin out there im down to go,.,.how far is poughkeepsie from mahopac??

Quick Reply: Police question...