communicators

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve
Re: communicators

GOD SAVE THE GHETTO PASS! :YEAH

i used to have a smaller flip phone n i'd put it on speaker n stuff it in my helmet after i answered it, also, just use a ear piece or i saw a few years ago they made a thin helmet speaker ear piece that fit in the helmet padding and you can set the phone to auto answer on headset, text messaging on the bike. its doable n with a beltslip n handstrap u dun gotta worry bout dropping it on the road, but texting on a bike n doin it moven.... just not a good idea
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 PM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

dammit, yea somebody got me there, i heard it was like a cell phone convo, but yea like you said as long as everyone knows how to use it. i just was reading a listing on one and the seller was sayin to use the open face boom mic instead of the full face mic, says it works better when on vox so u don't get it picking up as much wind and what not. So whats it sound like doing 50-65mph not tucked? (simulated slow traffic speed wheelie)
Old 03-26-2007, 09:24 PM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point

seems like the options are chatterbox, autocom, or cell phone. I mostly need to have communication with the camera car, so maybe just the celly would work.

Has anyone used the chatterbox enough to know the range? they say 2miles or 5 miles, but I'm sure that is more like 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

I know this is late, but i bought the 5 mile range one. Freeway, like straight linish it can go about 4ish, but through the moutains, its like 1.5-2.5 maybe. And i think someone mentioned a raidar detector into the Aux hookup, BAD IDEA.... i tried it out a couple nights ago, and its a bad idea. espically if your in the city. Youll be riding with musics and all the sudden itll start screaming in your ears for any minor detection, ruin your songs, make you jump and make your ears ring. Bad idea... in my opinion. like texting while moving. lol
Old 04-04-2007, 11:57 PM

jasunto is an unknown quantity at this point

the motorola 2 way walkie talkies with the handfree headsets works with voice activation, but you need to turn down sensitivity because engine sound triggers the mic quite frequently
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I used to rock a chatterbox once in a while... it was kinda cool. I'd have music hooked up to it and when someone would talk it was just cut in for a second
Old 04-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jasunto
the motorola 2 way walkie talkies with the handfree headsets works with voice activation, but you need to turn down sensitivity because engine sound triggers the mic quite frequently
Yea, but the engine noise is the same with ANY vox communicator. The activate button on the C box is kina bulky, but i took mine apart and made it half as deep. I'd run in on my thumb so if i was having problems with vox i could use the manual button. Worked well. Any that cloth peice that comes and can be put on most helmets under the chin held a TON with wind noise. dont remember what the thing is called, but my icon had it and it rocked with the chatter box.

Originally Posted by nags
I used to rock a chatterbox once in a while... it was kinda cool. I'd have music hooked up to it and when someone would talk it was just cut in for a second
Yea, thats the feature i like the most about it. Although with a lot of new cell phones, you could rock music with it with auto answer on with the same result if you could find a suitable headset.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Someone makes a bluetooth headset designed for helmets.. I forget what brand it was though.. Major brand
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 AM

Yea i have seen a one, but i cant find it anywhere for my phone. The new chatter box is blue tooth capable. not sure if its out yet though. Not sure why what a big differance itd make, all you could really connect would be a phone... the wires on the old chatter box werent in the way or anything... so i dont see why make a bluetooth headset besides novelty and more money. I guess i just view it as aint broke, dont fix it
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 AM

and to answer who made it

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-98697.../dp/B000BMI8RO

motorola.
go figure. $147

also heres an open face one for cheaper
http://www.cellularaccessory.com/motorcycleheadset.html

One thing i did find with the chatter box is an open face mic in your closed helmet helps a **** load, if you have enough room infront of your mouth.

Last edited by -GoBLIN-; 04-05-2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: more ta add...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Joe 636 is an unknown quantity at this point

What ever happen to using arm signals and sh*t when ridin? You know, like tappin your lid if you see a cop and what not...

Last edited by Joe 636; 04-05-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM

eXtract is a decent person

Or u just use an intercom that is fitted just for motorcycles.
Here's the google results, for the lazy ones
http://www.google.se/search?q=bike+t...&start=10&sa=N
http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=...S%C3%B6k&meta=
Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Joe636
What ever ever to using arm signals and sh*t when ridin? You know, like tappin your lid if you see a cop and what not...

Me and my buddies still do the head pat. I guess its a quicker reaction than saying it over the radio
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by eXtract
Or u just use an intercom that is fitted just for motorcycles.
Here's the google results, for the lazy ones
http://www.google.se/search?q=bike+t...&start=10&sa=N
http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=...S%C3%B6k&meta=

and chatterboxes and most of what we were talking about are fitted for motorcycle helmets.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 AM

eXtract is a decent person

Originally Posted by -Eri
and chatterboxes and most of what we were talking about are fitted for motorcycle helmets.
Lazy me didn't see that
Old 04-05-2007, 03:41 PM

lol, its straight. I'm in the process of trying to wire a throat mic that i aquired up to my chatter box (for ***** and giggles) to see if it cuts back wind and motor noise.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:12 PM

jiashahood is a decent person

hey
why don't you try scalarider. It is basically a helmet connected with bluetooth. I bought it from Supercheap Auto last year. It is the bottom of the range one but it is excellent.it does the business, even in heavy traffic and at high speeds.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
www.tobefast.com

YogiR6 is a decent person

wow, what a dig for this thing!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

wow 3yr old dig,,
Old 01-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

****** NEWBS...J/K... I'm gonna dig up a thread from 2002 and give someone the answer they've been waiting for, for over 8 years.Haaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quick Reply: communicators