harder to wheelie a carbed bike??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:40 AM

jayare05 is a decent person
harder to wheelie a carbed bike??

well.. i bought a 98 gsxr last summer and wasnt really all about the whole stunt scene until i started ridin with my friends that had a great influence on me to pick up the hobby lol.. i started doin power wheelies torwards the end of the season just to get the feel of the bike goin up and down.. WHEELIE wise.. ( not in the parking lot ) is there anything different i should be doin to pull up in second ( usin my clutch )? i understand the whole concept of clutchin it up just seems that ridin a carbed bike i would have to unload at a higher RPM as opposed to FI? im tryin to be on the safe side as for others who just say **** it and if they go down they go down..
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Re: harder to wheelie a carbed bike??

No, it's actually easier to learn on a carbed bike. Throttle response isn't as instantaneous so your throttle hand can be a little more sloppy/choppy. The bike going up and down aka bucking aka throttle chop is something that just takes seat time to get rid of.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
No, it's actually easier to learn on a carbed bike. Throttle response isn't as instantaneous so your throttle hand can be a little more sloppy/choppy. The bike going up and down aka bucking aka throttle chop is something that just takes seat time to get rid of.
+1

i knwo when i switched to a 636 i hated it... but no i couldnt live without that instant response.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Tru Texan is an unknown quantity at this point

Is a 636 carbed of FI?
I have a 97gsxr 750, and a 98 600 we are going to stunt w/the cages, sprocket, etc and all that good stuff..I was wondering the same things about the carbs on slow wheelies, circle wheelies, etc....So the carbd gsxrs should be ok for stunting huh?

Last edited by Tru Texan; 03-12-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tru Texan
Is a 636 carbed of FI?
I have a 97gsxr 750, and a 98 600 we are going to stunt w/the cages, sprocket, etc and all that good stuff..I was wondering the same things about the carbs on slow wheelies, circle wheelies, etc....So the carbd gsxrs should be ok for stunting huh?
The 636 is FI but the 600 is carbed. I'm pretty sure the 636 was the first FI bike Kawi came out with in the 600cc class.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 AM

PAINTRIXX is a decent person

Is a 636 carbed of FI?
fi is the easyest way to go cause you dont have to fight the bike as much,carb bike tend to wonta stall &cut off trying idle stuff.but some people still rockin them *****.. but if you wonta learn slow stuff sell the gsxr & get an f4i you`ll pick up **** alot quicker,you`ll be droppin it alot and it takes abuse better than the rest.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
N/A

+1 on that
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Tru Texan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I've heard honda takes a licking and keeps ticking....Only prob is that i can't find a cheap Honda around here....what year is good for f41? Whats good price range?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
N/A

Yeah, I've heard honda takes a licking and keeps ticking....Only prob is that i can't find a cheap Honda around here....what year is good for f41? Whats good price range?
Any year F4i is awesome... just depends on whether you prefer the split seat or the banana seat. Either way, you can swap out the subframe and go whichever way you prefer with any year F4i.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

doesn't matter if you can ride...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:25 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bruno_z
doesn't matter if you can ride...
+1 run what ya brung

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
The 636 is FI but the 600 is carbed. I'm pretty sure the 636 was the first FI bike Kawi came out with in the 600cc class.
What do you mean the 600 is carbed? The 6RR is FI, has been since it came out, and was released at the same time as the 636
Old 03-12-2007, 06:31 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
+1 run what ya brung

What do you mean the 600 is carbed? The 6RR is FI, has been since it came out, and was released at the same time as the 636
I think he meant the 02 model 600...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

harder to circle if you didnt learn on a smaller bike.. wheelies are the same on any bike
Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 PM

stuntmonkey is a decent person

Yea I have a carbed 1999 f4 and it never gave me problems until circles. You will find yourself fighting that carb to keep the bike running at first when learning circles. But after just a little time doing them you dont really have to fight the carb and it isnt really a prob.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

i learned everything on a f4i, but i got a carbed zx6r (00) never had any problems doing slow stuff on it never attempted circles on it though. Only thing i had a prob w/ was oil filling the airbox and cylinder on long tall wheelies smoke for awhile when you set it down
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM

stuntmonkey is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4istunna
i learned everything on a f4i, but i got a carbed zx6r (00) never had any problems doing slow stuff on it never attempted circles on it though. Only thing i had a prob w/ was oil filling the airbox and cylinder on long tall wheelies smoke for awhile when you set it down
Yea that is b/c of the pcv(positive crankcase ventilation) . You got to move it up and out of the airbox. Most of the time it is just a small hose that goes from the crankcase to airbox. I had to do it on my F4.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:37 AM

jayare05 is a decent person

well.. ima start practicin i this thursday.. thanks for the replys..
Old 03-13-2007, 05:42 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beto
I think he meant the 02 model 600...
'02 is 636 too...I don't know was there 600cc version, but I don't think so...
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by bruno_z
'02 is 636 too...I don't know was there 600cc version, but I don't think so...
Only in europe man... our '02 ZX-6R's still had the old carbed 600cc motor... the 636 motor didn't come to us until '03 with the new frame and the new FI 600 motor. So actually I guess Mr. Farley was right...
Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 AM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, carbs are no problem.