brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Mack-A-Billy is a decent person
brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????

i just bought a brembo 16x18 master, stainless lines, fitting for rear master from motoheaven and new pads...the problem is i have to push hard with my foot to get my rear brake to lock up and i have to pull the HB hella hard to get anything to happen...there is no way i'll be able to pull the HB with my middle finger....any ideas? it either has to be the rear master or caliper??? any other bike i have rode have never been like this...is this how f4i brakes are?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:33 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????

you've got air
Old 02-20-2007, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by nags
you've got air

i used an air bleeder and bled by hand, i did the front the same way and it works fine
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

maybe got brake fluid all over your pads ........

or your new pads need to be broke in.....
Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 AM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Stupid question but did you bleed it from the HB master and Caliper?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

not bleed right bottom line
Old 02-20-2007, 01:06 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if it wasn't bled right it would be squishy ,right ....
Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
if it wasn't bled right it would be squishy ,right ....

thats what i thought...i bench bled it from the master and bled it from the caliper also...when i bought the bike with stock lines and stock used pads the brake was hard to press with my foot i had to really put pressure on it to lock the rear wheel up
Old 02-20-2007, 02:18 AM

siknotch89 is a decent person

no way man....f4i brakes are good. You have air in your lines plane and simple. THis is what you do - leave the rear caliper valve open in the rear and fill up the h/b master will b/fluid...keep pumping it and let the oil come out of the rear caliper, but keep putting fluid in it untill you feel some preasure. than hold the lever down, lock the scew on the rear caliper. Pump the h/b master hold it down (realease air from rear caliper) do this 2-5x's untill you feel good preasuer. KNow do the same for the foot peg. Push the foot brake pedal down a few times hold it down, release the air from the rear caliper - do this about 2-5 x's untill preasure is good. take your rear caliper off, let your pads hang off hit them up with some sand paper to get all the ****** fluid off you deff. have. ( bolt it back up. ) (clean with some dishwasher soap) spray it off and go ride it. Your brakes should lock up nice and with ease h/b and rear foot brake.If none of this works, Im gonn have to say your rear master seal is no good, and not allowing preasure to build up, or that stud that pushes into your rear master is bent and not going in straight, this happens all the time when you drop your bike on teh right side.Good luck hope this helps out.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:24 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Somthings gotta be wrong if you got the 16x18 and can't lock it..

I got the shindy and I can lock it with 1 finger
Old 02-20-2007, 02:36 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger
maybe got brake fluid all over your pads ........

or your new pads need to be broke in.....
+1, whenever I bleed my **** I always get fluid everywhere. Takes like 20min of riding before they work that good
Old 02-20-2007, 02:41 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by *IRONLUNG*
+1, whenever I bleed my **** I always get fluid everywhere. Takes like 20min of riding before they work that good
use a tube on the end of your bleeder

I think its 1/4" ID tube you need, like 20 cents a foot..... 3 feet and you can run it to a drain pan...

No boiled up paint :YEAH
Old 02-20-2007, 03:10 AM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
use a tube on the end of your bleeder

I think its 1/4" ID tube you need, like 20 cents a foot..... 3 feet and you can run it to a drain pan...

No boiled up paint :YEAH
+1 on that. I always use a tube to bleed and it's clean clean.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Nine54f4i
+1 on that. I always use a tube to bleed and it's clean clean.

I used a vac line on the bleeders ran the other end into a bottle of clean fluid...i didn't get any fluid dirt on the pads or rotor it's clean very clean...the only thing i can think is the rear master adjustment stud is bent or seized rear caliper...i really cant lock up the rear with one finger it's hella hard to pull...and i've herd the 16x18 was the ****
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 AM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Either your Pads are new & need to be broken in or if it stil hard to pull Just add a bit of air to the System!! It will make it less stiffer & easier to lock the rear. What Pads did you buy not assuming that they are stockers?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:05 AM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess: Are they Galfers?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mack-A-Billy
I used a vac line on the bleeders ran the other end into a bottle of clean fluid...i didn't get any fluid dirt on the pads or rotor it's clean very clean...the only thing i can think is the rear master adjustment stud is bent or seized rear caliper...i really cant lock up the rear with one finger it's hella hard to pull...and i've herd the 16x18 was the ****
It really sounds like your rear piston might be locked up....
Old 02-20-2007, 10:56 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

yazh new pads need to be broken in, and brake fluid needs to be worn off, jsut ride around the lot, and drag ur brake for liek 10 mins just be careful not to cook the brake fluid
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea sounds like your caliper piston might be locked up, collapsed brake line, your pads need broken in , or you have fluid on the rotor. Probably not the first two. If there is air in the line the brake will feel spongy but you should get full brake power as long as you arent bottoming out the pedal or lever.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
also known as OMR

when i bleed my brakes i just open the bleeder and put my finger over it ,and just pump away it acts like an automatic bleeder and it doesn't give the air bubble if there are any the time to move back up the line cause you just keep pumping and you don't have to stop and open and close the bleeder then i just hose it off with water ...

Quick Reply: brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????