F4i oil in airbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i oil in airbox

how many of you guys have this problem w/ f4i's especially when it falls to the left side and/or upside. the crankcase breather spews oil into the airbox which can ruin your airfilter, and hyrdolock the motor.... i have an idea to fix it but i need some more input... feel free to drop your

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ather-mod.html
Old 02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: F4i oil in airbox

don't leave it on its side running.. problem solved
Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
I have no interest in learning circles
you missed the point
Old 02-07-2007, 04:24 PM

yea yea i know... but last year i slipped off a seat stander and my bike literally kept rollin for at least an 1/8 mile.... maybe even a 1/4... i got to it in time to keep it from hydrolockin but had to get a new air filter and do alot of cleanin
Old 02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeM
you missed the point
oh i just got another bike finaly... R6's love eating oil and rev limiter is my problem solver for any issues
Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeith
how many of you guys have this problem w/ f4i's especially when it falls to the left side and/or upside. the crankcase breather spews oil into the airbox which can ruin your airfilter, and hyrdolock the motor.... i have an idea to fix it but i need some more input... feel free to drop your

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ather-mod.html
most all bikes will do this if left upsidedown for sometime..... well, every bike that I have seen anyways...
Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

does the f4i have the same style clean air system as the 636 ?

the 636 vents thru the exhaust ports so if you hook the crank case vent tube thru the clean air sytem it not only vents the crank case but it causes a vaccum in the crank case with out sucking it thru the combustion chamber ,thusly creating hp.......so if you can do the mod the same way the 636 is done you will solve your problem and gain hp, what more could you want from an almost free mod
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM

do you have a diagram of how it works on the 636?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:13 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

F4i doesn't have that...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mikeith
do you have a diagram of how it works on the 636?
http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/

heres the 636 one but like i said i don't know if the f4i vents thru the exhaust port or not....
Old 02-07-2007, 05:47 PM

but it does have the oil into the intake problem at times
Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Scrapes Elbow

all bikes have a crank case vent into the air box ...
Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

You can run the hose up to the frame by the steering neck and put a small breather filter on it, If it pukes any oil out when on the side it doesn't get into the motor( which my gixxer never has) Also when at 12 it puts the vent higher than the engine rather then horizontal with the engine-which will allow oil to come out. Works great some bikes will still spew a little oil out if overfilled and on the revlimiter. I had the gixxer overfilled a lot on accident and never lowered the level. Found out the hardway when on the revlimiter at 12 and oil spewed on me. Simple solution though, pick up tube and only fill it right over the site glass.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:14 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/

heres the 636 one but like i said i don't know if the f4i vents thru the exhaust port or not....
link don't work roger
Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
also known as OMR

it worked earlier just search pair mod ,or clean air...
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

my bike sees the ground a lot, and i havent had any problems with this, hit ground turn off.....but neat idea if u crash on the left while running a lot/.....???