Gearing/Speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:56 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Gearing/Speedometer

I'm looking for the chart that shows how gearing changes your speedometer reading, as well as top speed and acceleration.
-1+5
I would get rid of the gauges but its nice knowing when your out of gas and filling up everytime I go out (everyday) is a pain.
I tried looking it up but figured one of you guys know.

Last edited by silverstunterR6; 12-23-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:12 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Re: Gearing/Speedometer

Dammit
anyone
Old 12-24-2006, 12:24 PM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a Speedohealer. For something like $100 shipped, you can install it in 3 minutes and it'll calibrate your bike to whatever gearing you want within .01% accuracy.

I don't know of any chart, but if you knew your actual, real world top speed with your current gearing, it wouldn't be hard to back that into a formula to calculate what your new speed would be. You'd have three known figures, and you'd just have to calculate the percentages and keep shifting the "x". The hardest part would be knowing what your bikes actual top speed is, and things like wind and rider weight/shape proabably play too big of a role to make it completely accurate.

Speedohealer is the way to go.

- Jason
Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Have a buddy ride next to you and figure out a few basic speed/gear combo's???

One thing I love about my old POS, I changed the gearing, and never had to worry about speedo error, mines a cable off the front tire
Old 12-24-2006, 01:20 PM

jayrizo is a decent person

come on you know you like running out of gas!
Old 12-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

yeah yellowbox does the trick.. You have to figure the ratio out though by driving a distance and comparing it to a chart
Old 12-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Erik
Have a buddy ride next to you and figure out a few basic speed/gear combo's???
I was going to do this but no one around here
Old 12-25-2006, 07:07 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/speedcalc.asp
This is for kawasaki's but should be real close for any bike.I think the speedohealer website has a chart also.

Last edited by ct954; 12-25-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

wow my bike is slow