STUNTWARS Payouts changes???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:48 AM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person
Re: STUNTWARS Payouts changes???????

Originally Posted by X-treem C
We are not removing ( Individual Free, Long Endo, or the Tandem)........... We want to know, what the riders think about removing the Team and adding the money to the rest of the payouts

I think it's a bad idea to remove team event, I think splitting it for 1st 2nd and 3rd would be good for stuntwars. But I would not remove it. In one way I think tandem would be the one to go first, but then again it's one of the only events girls get to ride in. So I think Tandem should stay as well.

I like to watch team because it's one of the most action packed parts with 2 to 5 riders, it would be hard to replace it with something else with must action for the fans. But if you split that 5G's up over 6 to 15 people depending on how many people are on teams they would a bit happier if they did not place in anything else.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Team should stay.
Tandem should not payout, maybe give prizes for comp or pay someone to do a interim show.
Individual payouts should go deeper than 3rd place. Way too much talent for so little payout.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
www.warpedtoys.com

Originally Posted by suicidl
its still a fun little comp

maybe we will just hold all these small little comps in o-town. where all the riding before stuntwars happens anyways

circle comp
coaster comp
off peg coaster comp

20 per event winner takes all. we will hold some of these at the spots
I am renting the trackin O-Town Sunday ( <-- maybe ) Monday and Tuesday before stuntwars.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
stuntwars is tandems last hope

The team event should be for fun and not a large sum of money, you should also NOT CHARGE for team. That's the one event where you've paid a **** load of money for and its a ****all event. It would be one thing if people practiced as a team and there was a "team" run, but Vertical Outlaws despite their consistent well executed runs were out scored by burnouts and ****ing off 3 of the years I was there. In other words, nobody practices a team run all year, put the money into the events people practice for. Endo and Individual, the rest is just a sideshow.
+1

There's really no such thing as real stunt teams anymore...

STUNTRIDING IS AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT, NOT A TEAM SPORT, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN..

Definately keep it as part of the event because I'm sure the croud loves all the mayhem with 5 bikes out there at a time, but put the payouts to the individual comps only.. Individual Freestyle, and Longest Endo.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:07 PM

PETe P is a decent person

DITCH TANDEM. throw the money into indvidual.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:14 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

Originally Posted by xxBornexx
Team should stay.
Tandem should not payout, maybe give prizes for comp or pay someone to do a interim show.
Individual payouts should go deeper than 3rd place. Way too much talent for so little payout.
+1

tandem is stupid, well not stupid but, not worth paying out almost as much as longest endo...

a trophy would be fine.

team should stay, (only real teams)...but do it the way thomas said.

and why does ind freestyle, pay out about 1500 more than longest endo...
that doesnt make sense, even em up, and fatten the prize for both, or spread it out across.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:15 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

Originally Posted by WarpedToys
I am renting the trackin O-Town Sunday ( <-- maybe ) Monday and Tuesday before stuntwars.
do it, do it...
Old 11-27-2006, 12:17 PM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

I think the freestyle event should payout way more than the rest of the events. Its the all encompassing event that shows how well rounded a rider is. Freestyle at the top, with stoppie coming in second.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

I think that Team event is cool cause its pretty much a show, and well i think the crowds can appreciate a show, People hate on tandem but the crowd seems to love that too.....maybe add some more sponsors and keep adding money??? I mean that would be the greatest instead of someone being butt hurt that their event lost payouts......i also like the idea of the payouts being deeper too, thats always nice.....
Old 11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

Originally Posted by T-Ice
maybe add some more sponsors and keep adding money??? I mean that would be the greatest instead of someone being butt hurt that their event lost payouts......i also like the idea of the payouts being deeper too, thats always nice.....

Did I just hear that right HAI is putting up $3000 for freestyle, oh we love you T-Ice. J/K
Old 11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Team event is fun, too bad by the time it happens all the spectators have left, the lights dont work etc. You just cant expect people to stay at any event from 10am to 10pm. Whole event should run from 9-6 max
Old 11-27-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Darius
Team event is fun, too bad by the time it happens all the spectators have left, the lights dont work etc. You just cant expect people to stay at any event from 10am to 10pm. Whole event should run from 9-6 max

Agreed. No matter how exciting it is people get board with redundancies. You don't see motocross events taking 12 hrs to complete.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:30 PM

1brownj is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe Just Trophies For Team Event Would Be Cool Also Could Do Some More Specific Smaller Comps Like Circles And Off The Peg Coasters Wit The Money
(also Need A Trophie For Sickest Trick Would Bring Back Some Crowd Pleasers)
Old 11-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Team Event should stay - crowds love it (when it's not held at night) and its fun for the riders too.

I try not to be a hater like everyone else on Stuntlife... but Tandem is Gaaaaaay! I can appreciate the talent that it takes, and the time that the men and women have put into their routine... but seriously - it's not that cool. You could replace it with most circles in a minute, longest off the peg coaster... pretty much anything.
Getting rid of "sickest" trick was a step in the right direction, and I think it's cool that you guys are trying to make the event better for riders and the crowd.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1brownj
Maybe Just Trophies For Team Event Would Be Cool Also Could Do Some More Specific Smaller Comps Like Circles And Off The Peg Coasters Wit The Money
(also Need A Trophie For Sickest Trick Would Bring Back Some Crowd Pleasers)

For right now theres not enough money to go around to pay for everything.

Individual freestyle: Top 10 payout as large as you can go
Stoppie: Top 5 payout as large as you can go but pay less than freestyle
Team: First place payout with 2nd and 3rd getting prizes
Tandem: Top 3 prizes
Most circles: Do a qualifier (if you can't get over 20 you're not in), Top 3 prizes
Longest off the peg coaster or best combo coaster: First place payout with 2nd and 3rd prizes
Sickest trick: First place prize

....just my thoughts to get something started. I think the bulk of the money needs to go to individual freestyle. If the sport goes anywhere it'll be because of that.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius

If you talk with anyone who went to Stuntober, they will tell you how much smoother the event runs at the new track, we ran ahead of schedule, and yes, if we needed to go into the night the lights will work, they dont have old school power and lighting like the old track, we wont have somebody hitting the power poll with there truck and killing the lights like last year
Old 11-27-2006, 12:53 PM

If you talk with anyone who went to Stuntober, they will tell you how much smoother the event runs at the new track, we ran ahead of schedule, and yes, if we needed to go into the night the lights will work, they dont have old school power and lighting like the old track, we wont have somebody hitting the power poll with there truck and killing the lights like last year

Are you doing pre-registration or anything to weed out some of the 200+ riders you'll probably have?
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xxBornexx
Are you doing pre-registration or anything to weed out some of the 200+ riders you'll probably have?

we have a meeting wednesday at the track, I will check into that, what we do is start registration on wednesday onsite before the event
Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

We are thinking about making some changes, Maybe not for January but the events after that

Should we get rid of the Team Event? That would give us $5,000 to add to the Individual Freestyle, or Individual events

Stuntwars 2007

Longest Endo

1st $2000

2nd $1150

3rd $600

4th $400

Tandem

1st $1500

2nd$1000

3rd$600

Individual Free

1st $2500

2nd$1800

3rd$750

4th$500

Team Event

$5000

Total $17,800

+

$3,500 this money will be added to all the Individual events

Total $21,300 for January so far, working on some more
THOSE PAYOUTS ARE FUGGIN WEAK TEACH TOOK 5 GRAND AND A ZX-10 AND THE LAST COMP FORGOT THE NAME THIS EVENT SHOULD BE CALLED CHEAP WARS
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM

Given $21,300: Here is how I would break the event payouts and prizes down.....

Individual Freestyle:

1st 4000
2nd 3000
3rd 1750
4th 1500
5th 1250
6th 1000
7th 700
8th 500
9th Prize
10th Prize

Longest Stoppie:

1st 2000
2nd 1500
3rd 1000
4th 800
5th 600
6th Prize
7th Prize

Team:

1st 1000
2nd Prize
3rd Prize

Longest off peg or best combo coaster:

1st 700
2nd Prize
3rd Prize

Tandem:

1st Prize
2nd Prize
3rd Prize

Sickest Trick:

1st Prize

Quick Reply: STUNTWARS Payouts changes???????