Industry Standard

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:00 PM

DEBO is a decent person
Industry Standard

Bubba gave me an idea on a previous thread.

We need to Develop a indusrty standard for what is considered Profesional and what is considered Amatuer.

Well known:
Sponsors:
Videos/DVD's:
Advertisments:
competition ranks:

With the skateboard industry if your sponsor decides to put out a skate deck with your name on it, your being marketed as a professional for that company.

If I use myself as a example. I do not have any sponsors, but I have competed against the top pro's and have been in a few DVD's. Does this make me pro?

Thanks Bubba for the idea!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:01 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: Industry Standard

umm this is the whole point of the other thread
Old 11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have been paid to do whoolies your a pro
Old 11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i dont think so i have seen some people get paid to do shows and my unborn child could wheelie better
Old 11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Emrock
i dont think so i have seen some people get paid to do shows and my unborn child could wheelie better
case & point = droptop ...
Old 11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

thats how it works ....not all pros are good ......kyle petty
Old 11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

thats how it works ....not all pros are good ......kyle petty
No emrocks point is a lot of people do shows, crappy ametuers do shows. Just because some squid gets a show at the county fair doesn't mean they should be a pro. I did a lot of shows this past summer, but I would not consider myself pro level as far as competition ability.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:11 PM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

You got a kid on the way Craig? Congrats if so
Old 11-03-2006, 03:12 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
umm this is the whole point of the other thread
I felt you were beating around the bush with the other thread. Making up some hypothetical contest with hypothetical questions..

If you are for real, I will send you a email after I get off work!

Holla Back Bubbs!:YEAH
Old 11-03-2006, 03:12 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Hell yeah!!!! Then I'm a pro!!!!:YEAH bow down biches!!!!! where is my f**king red carpet?? and my latte! AND MY GREEN M&M's HUH? IM SICK OF YOU PEOPLE!!!!!! DON"T YOU KNOW WHO I EM??? IM A GODDAMN PRO!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:15 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by scott3824
No emrocks point is a lot of people do shows, crappy ametuers do shows. Just because some squid gets a show at the county fair doesn't mean they should be a pro. I did a lot of shows this past summer, but I would not consider myself pro level as far as competition ability.
hence the kyle petty comment ....there are alot of profesional golfers you never heard of cause there not good
Old 11-03-2006, 03:41 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

How about an OVERALL standard? Like a universal points system? With an integrated sanctioning body, if another promoter or group wants to put on a stunt competition, they would have to go through the sanctioning body, pick up a copy of the rules, use official judges (with judges being voted in and certified by the board, based on knowlege and fairness) and abide by the scoring system outlined if they want the competition to "count" professionally.

I think within a couple years the points would tell you who is pro and who is not. Because while winning competitions is huge, so is showing up for them. IE, some guy who hits every competition and always places 10th could get above someone who always wins but barely ever competes.

It's not flawless, but do you think it's in the right direction? (and I'm sure it's not original either )
Old 11-03-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by excessa
How about an OVERALL standard? Like a universal points system? With an integrated sanctioning body, if another promoter or group wants to put on a stunt competition, they would have to go through the sanctioning body, pick up a copy of the rules, use official judges (with judges being voted in and certified by the board, based on knowlege and fairness) and abide by the scoring system outlined if they want the competition to "count" professionally. )
Sorry but HELL NO!!! no one is going to tell me what i can and can not do!! thats why I do what I do!!!!!!!!!! cuz they told me ...." I cant do that"!!!...
Old 11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
also known as OMR

How about an OVERALL standard? Like a universal points system? With an integrated sanctioning body, if another promoter or group wants to put on a stunt competition, they would have to go through the sanctioning body, pick up a copy of the rules, use official judges (with judges being voted in and certified by the board, based on knowlege and fairness) and abide by the scoring system outlined if they want the competition to "count" professionally.

I think within a couple years the points would tell you who is pro and who is not. Because while winning competitions is huge, so is showing up for them. IE, some guy who hits every competition and always places 10th could get above someone who always wins but barely ever competes.

It's not flawless, but do you think it's in the right direction? (and I'm sure it's not original either )
you could be bill france jr nascar ceo
Old 11-03-2006, 03:50 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by kirk newcomer
You got a kid on the way Craig? Congrats if so
no no sir i was just saying it as an example lol
Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thehate.
Sorry but HELL NO!!! no one is going to tell me what i can and can not do!! thats why I do what I do!!!!!!!!!! cuz they told me ...." I cant do that"!!!...
Not rules like "you have to stop masturbating"

rules about how a competition is to be judged, what constitutes an amateur, what requirements must someone meet to be a judge, etc.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=excessa]Not rules like "you have to stop masturbating"QUOTE]
Ohh.... ok.... hell then is all good ....shwooo....that was a close call !!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
also known as OMR

[quote=thehate.]
Not rules like "you have to stop masturbating"QUOTE]
Ohh.... ok.... hell then is all good ....shwooo....that was a close call !!!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

My hieghbor offered me money to NOT do wheelies anymore, does that mean Im amateur?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ssteve
My hieghbor offered me money to NOT do wheelies anymore, does that mean Im amateur?
nope it maens you got cool neighbors

Quick Reply: Industry Standard