endos....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 09:00 AM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point
endos....

i just started going into endos faster, and most of the time when i get up on the front tire i go straight for a couple feet the drift to the left always
i go like 90 degrees, little bit more and i could 180
but i wanna stay straight !
hit me with the tips
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM

PBR4life420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: endos....

MAn I'm having the same probelm i ride an 05 gixxer 600 no after market damper....and i can roll them for about 40-50 ft and then it gradually wants to drift to the left and do a 90 so if i can get any tips it would help me out a lot
Old 07-03-2006, 09:47 AM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i'm not usin a damper either,
and i always drift to the left,
maybe my tire pressure is off for that sort of thing
i dunno
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Puer is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep your arms straght and locked
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 AM

PBR4life420 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much tire pressure should i run up front....any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Regular StuntLifer

dirtyrider can only hope to improve

your gonna have to steer them..

practice till you get the feal..
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PBR4life420
how much tire pressure should i run up front....any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:09 PM

MATT L is a decent person

You dont have to necessarily "lock" your arms, but transfer all of your weight to your clipons though, some people prefer keeping there arms bowed a little, others straighten them...As far as steering, it's something thats tough to explain by just words or writing, you just have to get out there and keep doing them and it will click. I used to have the same problem...I will say that the lower you are, the harder to steer.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:07 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If it keeps falling to the same side, I think bike setup has to do with it. (or you can't figure out how to lean the other way lol)

Check your fork seals, make sure your tire is new and in good condition..
Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Jimmy_Tango is an unknown quantity at this point

counter steer. youll get it
Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Your clipons could be bent.. But here is what i did and it fixed it.. If it always goes to the right,, start the stoppie with more weight on the right.. like almost sit more the the right of the seat and it will go straight.. Lean into the way its going and it keeps it from getting worse.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:02 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

maybe could be your body
I keep forgeting to center myself and squeeze the tank.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

hes just lopsided on the right..maybe a third nipple is throwin him off
Old 07-04-2006, 12:23 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

All of these guys are right,you just have to find what is comfy for you.

The easiest way i can describe steering is like this: When you steer a stoppie, you're not trying to move the tail over the front tire,but steering the front under the tail. if the tail falls one way, chase it with the front. The higher it is, the better it will react to input in you bars.

The best advice i ever got was to ALWAYS look where you want to go. Keep your head up and look as far away as you can. You may try it and it won't work. It's because you're not doing it. I used to try to look and as soon as the bike started to wander,i'd look in that direction and it would get worse.
Give it a shot,but any of these guys will tell you,stoppies are fun, but are really frusterating to learn. There's too many things to pay attention to. Just alot of seat time.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:23 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

could be heaps of things. uneven tyre wear, camber in road your riding on (is it the same spot you always ride at?) you could be pushing harder on one side to the other not realising. for a while i didnt relise that my bike pulled left in general until my friend rode it. now i can notice it, but until then i must have just learnt to fight it when doin stoppies to keep them straight. turns out my forks are bent and one was 4mm different in length to the other. check your forks in your tripples. have you played with your susspension settings at all, could be different to one another. wheel alingment. brakes not bled properly on one side? could be heaps of things dude. they are a few things that i would be checking anyway.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Regular StuntLifer

dirtyrider can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by NME
All of these guys are right,you just have to find what is comfy for you.

The easiest way i can describe steering is like this: When you steer a stoppie, you're not trying to move the tail over the front tire,but steering the front under the tail. if the tail falls one way, chase it with the front. The higher it is, the better it will react to input in you bars.

The best advice i ever got was to ALWAYS look where you want to go. Keep your head up and look as far away as you can. You may try it and it won't work. It's because you're not doing it. I used to try to look and as soon as the bike started to wander,i'd look in that direction and it would get worse.
Give it a shot,but any of these guys will tell you,stoppies are fun, but are really frusterating to learn. There's too many things to pay attention to. Just alot of seat time.

Kind of hard to put it into words but dude summed it right up..
Old 07-05-2006, 01:24 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

for me... i jus go with the flow... i do it in parkin lots so if my stoppies go to the left..i go with it.. my bike sumtimes goes 90...but most of the time i try an put the steering the other way..
Old 07-05-2006, 02:44 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

countersteer,practice,practice,practice countersteering,practice more
Old 07-06-2006, 05:51 AM

cbr6f4i is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to drift to the left to it pissed me off so much . i thought that it was never going to stop but it just gets better after a few thousand.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone is wrong...........motorcycles in general HATE endoes!!!!! I was doin em, had the saem problem, my bike quit fighting me and just when I got to where I was dong 200-225' pretty consistantly from 150' approach, I started to get comfortable................

..........you know what my bike did????

.....body slammed me into the pavement at like 25mph.........damn thing revolted against me! Roadrash, bruised ribs, lots of other bruises........it was so pissed off at me, it even ground off the bleeder screw on the master cylinder to where there were no front brakes!!!! Damn 600RR, I show that bia, already got a new bleeder screw in and bled the brakes, waiting on a new damper mount and I'm gonna beat her into the ground if she does it again!!!!!

Final verdict.......don't do endoes, they are evil and your bike will hate you for it!

Quick Reply: endos....