salvage inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold
salvage inspection

ok who here has gone though a salvage inspection??? not your boy or your cousins inbred girlfriends son...i bought a pa salvage title f4i.....it didn't need much just an exhaust, sub frame, rear sets, and misc crap....the plastics were sanded down cleaned up and painted not replaced...i have the title paperwork and some insurance papers but nothing that says exactly what needs to be replaced...i have the receipts for the stuff i bought but the dmv is no help..they have no idea whats going on.

any tips or ways to get though this with out too much hassle??
Old 06-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: salvage inspection

Yeah i'd like to know too for future reference
Old 06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i think it's diff in every state...
also, if anyone else knows.. i just got a clean titled f4i, from cali.. need to register it in az, do i need inspection?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:35 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

anthony went threw it with his f4i... he said it was a pain in the *** and his was only cosmetic damages.... talk to him though

pm me if you need his number
Old 06-26-2006, 06:43 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I went through with my F4i in CT. I bought the bike from Argo's, so the bike came with the insurance paperwork and a salvage Mass title. It should say on the paperwork what was damaged. It is important to have that insurance paperwork when you go through the inspection.

If you have the before pics of the bike, it will help your cause. Like the before damage. The inspection paperwork that you get from the dmv has areas where you put the pics in, and receipts for what you changed. If you have that, i think it makes your life easier.

You basically pay the inspection fee, and take the bike through the inspection lane. YOU NEED A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSMENT ON YOUR LICENSE, OR THEY WILL TELL YOU TO HIT THE ROAD. You have to ride the bike through the lane.

Once you are being inspected, it takes literally five minutes. The bike needs to be stock, ie full fairing with blinkers and whatin. They make you stall the bike with both brakes, check your blinkers, horn, mirrors etc. All gauge functions need to work.

With that said, when i went through, i didnt have the before pics, nor any receipts. I did have the insurance paperwork, which they went over with a magnifying glass.

I really didn't have to buy anything, and thats what I explained to the miserable bastard that was testing me. I had bondo'd my tail together, and showed him all the cobbled **** I had done to put it back together, and he passed me. I really think it all depends on who is inspecting you, and if they got laid the night before or not.

And make sure you make an appointment well in advance, you need to call the dmv.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

ah ****.. gotta be running and all? what about with clean title, do you have any idea?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
ah ****.. gotta be running and all? what about with clean title, do you have any idea?
If you have a clean CT title, they dont even have to see the bike, you just register it. If it is any kind of out of state title, clean or rebuilt, you need to go through what they call VIN verification.

It is basically a quick inspection, they check the VIN number to match the title, and they make sure you have all you blinkers, horn and what not.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:56 PM
B.T.M.

k i just called the dmv, they said level 1 inspection, which is the vin inspection, she said doesn't need signals or horns or anything, they just look at vins.... do you think it'll matter that mymotor vin is diff from the frame vin? it has a new motor in it
Old 06-26-2006, 07:12 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

k i just called the dmv, they said level 1 inspection, which is the vin inspection, she said doesn't need signals or horns or anything, they just look at vins.... do you think it'll matter that mymotor vin is diff from the frame vin? it has a new motor in it

probubly just need to have a recipt for it

and like someone else said, it varies greatly from state to state
Old 06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
I went through with my F4i in CT. I bought the bike from Argo's, so the bike came with the insurance paperwork and a salvage Mass title. It should say on the paperwork what was damaged. It is important to have that insurance paperwork when you go through the inspection..
yeah i have some of the insurance adjustors report but not the part that says what needs to be replaced

If you have the before pics of the bike, it will help your cause. Like the before damage. The inspection paperwork that you get from the dmv has areas where you put the pics in, and receipts for what you changed. If you have that, i think it makes your life easier...
yeah i have pics,the reciepts and the dmv paperwork....

YOU NEED A MOTORCYCLE ENDORSMENT ON YOUR LICENSE, OR THEY WILL TELL YOU TO HIT THE ROAD....
that sucks.....

I really think it all depends on who is inspecting you, and if they got laid the night before or not..
that's what i figured....wonder if i can bribe them or something
Old 06-26-2006, 07:38 PM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting ready to do it with mine here in VA...hopefully I don't have to go back to stock, since the bike is streetfightered. But all lights, horns, etc work. I do need to change out my rotors before I call them though.

The way I understand it in VA is I have to e-mail the inspector who will then contact me on a date to inspect it...could be months away. He will then go over the bike, wave the wand, and I should have a clean title!!

I have also been told to show plenty of pictures of the before, so they know that you fixxed the stuff that was broken...on in my case, eliminated it.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Embrace the Hate

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
hopefully I don't have to go back to stock, since the bike is streetfightered.

I have also been told to show plenty of pictures of the before, so they know that you fixxed the stuff that was broken...on in my case, eliminated it.
it has to be stock...good luck man...
Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 PM

600rida is an unknown quantity at this point

it dosnt have to be stock or atleast in NY just a safety inspection, they check if all lights work, guages, and that it is sound, my buddies harley only has a speedo, and it had pipes, and alot of other sutff aftermarket just had to make sure it was ok and safe to ride. He had a salvage rebuildable florida title.
Ben
Old 06-26-2006, 08:07 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezec1000
ok who here has gone though a salvage inspection??? not your boy or your cousins inbred girlfriends son...i bought a pa salvage title f4i.....it didn't need much just an exhaust, sub frame, rear sets, and misc crap....the plastics were sanded down cleaned up and painted not replaced...i have the title paperwork and some insurance papers but nothing that says exactly what needs to be replaced...i have the receipts for the stuff i bought but the dmv is no help..they have no idea whats going on.

any tips or ways to get though this with out too much hassle??
Its easy. You just need to get it in GOOD working order. Meaning they don't care about scratchs dents cracks. Bike just has to have good mirrors and turn signals. I have done it to my 929 and my girls r6 and both went without any problems. Didn't even have to have the receipts for repair or the paperwork stating what needed to be fixed. Just call the DMV and make an appointment for the level 3 inspection. I would get your bike emmissioned first so you can just get the inspection then get your plates. I got the inspection then went and got the emissions test then back to the DMV for plates.
Any questions let me know.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:00 PM

Zxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Did mine in NY, no problems and not nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Just don't have any stolen parts on the bike, make sure you have all the receipts and the bike is in safe working order - simple as that. Oh and if you buy a used part you need the vin of the bike it came off, at least in NY. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by foxswank
Its easy. You just need to get it in GOOD working order. Meaning they don't care about scratchs dents cracks. Bike just has to have good mirrors and turn signals. I have done it to my 929 and my girls r6 and both went without any problems. Didn't even have to have the receipts for repair or the paperwork stating what needed to be fixed. Just call the DMV and make an appointment for the level 3 inspection. I would get your bike emmissioned first so you can just get the inspection then get your plates. I got the inspection then went and got the emissions test then back to the DMV for plates.
Any questions let me know.
See, every state is different. There is no emission test here for bikes.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 PM

If it is just the vin verification, i wouldnt sweat anything really. The motor vin never matchs the frame vin anyway, right?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

they wont check your motor numbers for a vin inspection
Old 06-27-2006, 05:00 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by ezec1000
ok who here has gone though a salvage inspection??? not your boy or your cousins inbred girlfriends son...

I just took a PA salvage title and applied for an abandoned vehicle title and 2 months later i got a clean title in the mail.
good luck
Old 06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Embrace the Hate

Originally Posted by martino

I just took a PA salvage title and applied for an abandoned vehicle title and 2 months later i got a clean title in the mail.
good luck
haha i thought about doing that with my friends shop...

Quick Reply: salvage inspection