Oil Light Came On

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:51 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil Light Came On

THIS MORNING ON THEY WAY TO WORK PULLED A NICE ENDO AND MY OIL LIGHT CAME ON FOR A SECOND BIKE IS 2005 GSXR600 RUNNING STUNTEX OIL PICKUP WITH 3/4 OF A QRT OVER ANY ADVISE SHOULD I TAKE THE STUNTEX OF AND GO WITH STOCK THE STOCK PICKUP
Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 AM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Oil Light Came On

Stop rollin them sick azz endos. They are bad for you. Your gonna poke your eye out.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

no. Who cares if the oil light comes on when you do stoppies. The motor is idling and under no load.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:03 AM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
THIS MORNING ON THEY WAY TO WORK PULLED A NICE ENDO AND MY OIL LIGHT CAME ON FOR A SECOND BIKE IS 2005 GSXR600 RUNNING STUNTEX OIL PICKUP WITH 3/4 OF A QRT OVER ANY ADVISE SHOULD I TAKE THE STUNTEX OF AND GO WITH STOCK THE STOCK PICKUP

Y would you take the stuntex offf??? you not gonna blow up you engine when you idleing rolling a stoppie... eVen your rolln 1000 ft. But on the other hand you will blow it up doin wheelies on Gsxr w/out the stuntex pick up. Take it from me who is now 2000 in the whole from the new motor i just put in my 1000 last weekend
Old 04-27-2006, 11:36 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
Rinning 3/4 qt over with the stuntex in is unessesary. There are rumours of doing damage to the motor when over filling oil and running a pickup at the same time. I run my oil just to the full line with my oil pick up and never saw the oil light in a wheelie.

Don't worry about the light in a stoppie which was said in a previous post - no load on the motor..
Old 04-27-2006, 12:16 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

you can see an oil light while rollin an endo? the guages are the last thing I'm lookin at.

probably nothing. Usually the oil light is a level indicator.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Thanx To Everyone For The Feedback . I Will Stick With The Stuntex
Old 04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

why would overfilling it by a half quart or so with a pickup be a bad thing?
i just seems like extra insurance
Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
I don't really have a technical answer for it, but I had a buddy that had a pickup in his gixxer and ran it a quart over and blew the motor on the freeway about a year ago. He just got that motor put in and it was his first day out. He said when he took the bike to a race mechanic and he told him that overfilled oil COULD have been the cause for the blown motor. I don't know but I think there is a reason there is a Full line whether on a car or the window on your bike. Why waist the oil if it is unnecessary. It definitely isn't going to make it better running a quart over than if it's just to the Full line
Old 04-27-2006, 01:11 PM

ahenry is a decent person

Freak thing, but I know a guy that blew his motor doing a rolling endo, I guess it was just waiting to happen, but really weird.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:11 PM

04gixxer6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikkee
I don't really have a technical answer for it, but I had a buddy that had a pickup in his gixxer and ran it a quart over and blew the motor on the freeway about a year ago. He just got that motor put in and it was his first day out. He said when he took the bike to a race mechanic and he told him that overfilled oil COULD have been the cause for the blown motor. I don't know but I think there is a reason there is a Full line whether on a car or the window on your bike. Why waist the oil if it is unnecessary. It definitely isn't going to make it better running a quart over than if it's just to the Full line
All that extra oil can cause extra pressure on the seals and gaskets. The bike was not designed to take an extra quart. I could see a little extra oil but a whole quart is a lot of oil. Just my $0.02 though
Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 04gixxer6
All that extra oil can cause extra pressure on the seals and gaskets. The bike was not designed to take an extra quart. I could see a little extra oil but a whole quart is a lot of oil. Just my $0.02 though
Yeah - something like that. You got it! Just get the pick-up and run normal oil level and you will be fine.

Also the reason the pickup is so important is that the stock pickup starts tword the back of the oil pan and angles forward tword the front of the pan, so when your in a wheelie the oil shifts back and there is no oil being sucked into the motor.

The stuntex goes strait down at the back of the oil pan so there is continuous oil being moved through the motor. You'll see the second you take the oil pan off. You'll be like duhhh, no wonder the motors blow.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikkee
I don't really have a technical answer for it, but I had a buddy that had a pickup in his gixxer and ran it a quart over and blew the motor on the freeway about a year ago.

I don't think anything can save a gixxer motor in high rev freeway wheelies.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Why Do Ppl Type With The Caps Lock On??

and how is he doing it like that. the above is supposed to be all in big letters. but it automtaicaly makes them small?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point

every time i do an endo my light comes on and im running the stuntex oil pick up and a full qt over.. it just happens, i wouldnt worrie about
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

if you think about it the stuntex oil pickup changes where the oil is being drawn from, more towards the back so when your doing a wheelie it is still drawing oil, when you do a stopppie the bike is tipping backwards from what the stuntex pickup is designed for. Therefore more away from the oil.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:08 PM

stik6shift93 is an unknown quantity at this point

The real reason running to much oil is bad is because when you overfill to much it can submerges the crank throws and when they come down and whack the oil it creates lots of air bubbles in it especially at high rpm. Pumps are designed to pump air, causes a sever drop in oil pressure. The oil light is actually a pressure light not a level light unless they've changed recently, if it comes on it means there's almost no or no pressure in your motor. Since the pickup is moved further back and all the oil goes to the front the light will come on but it's nothing to worry about.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by stik6shift93
The real reason running to much oil is bad is because when you overfill to much it can submerges the crank throws and when they come down and whack the oil it creates lots of air bubbles in it especially at high rpm. Pumps are designed to pump air, causes a sever drop in oil pressure. The oil light is actually a pressure light not a level light unless they've changed recently, if it comes on it means there's almost no or no pressure in your motor. Since the pickup is moved further back and all the oil goes to the front the light will come on but it's nothing to worry about.
yea it aerates the fluid like a milkshake, I saw it once on a CB500 with 2qts over.
it doesnt have anything to do with blowing seals. I run 1qt over on mine.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
Old 04-27-2006, 04:19 PM

ahenry is a decent person

1qt over is the most safe way to go

Quick Reply: Oil Light Came On