xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point
xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts

Im not a badass rider like Darius,Bullo, Warren Jamez,etc. but after watchin many videos on here and other sights there are some great riders out here that are not known yet.IM NOT TAKIN ANYTHING FROM THE LIST OF RIDERS THAT HAVE BEEN INVITED TO COMPETE IN THE XDL,THEY ARE ALL GREAT RIDERS.But if noone ever gets the chance to compete against them than they will always be the BEST.In this XDL series you may only compete if you are invited.Well i wondering who on here disagrees because like in the xgames anyone can do smaller comps. (not televised)to get to there spot at the xgames if this did not happen then you would never see new stars or top riders.I think smaller comps should be held all over the US and like 5-10 from those comps should compete to see who goes to the XDL to represent our sport to the fullest.NOT knocking Kane but if he competes like he did at stunt wars that isnt showin much,and as much as everyone thinks that they are the top rider there is always someone out here better than you .So others out here should be giving the chance for 10,000 dollars and the spot light at XDL..................i know im gonna see (what about stuntwars)well lots off people think thats a joke and dont even go but that doesnt mean they **** does it..............so once again im not takin anything from the riders competeing cause there all good but they where once in our shoes.so not trying to get a fu9kin war started just want opinions on the matter ...DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE COMPS TO GET TO THE XDL OR THE ALREADY RICH AND FAMOUS RIDERS AUTOMATICLY GET IT
Old 04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts

what's the XDL????
Old 04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
what's the XDL????
http://www.gtlivetour.com/events/att...tunt_ride.html ITS THIS
Old 04-23-2006, 09:54 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

What riders are rich and famous?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

you know what i mean
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't read this.

those all look like good riders to me the only really addition i'd throw in there would be like gary from O-town
Old 04-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

those all look like good riders to me the only really addition i'd throw in there would be like gary from O-town
well if they held smaller qalifying competitions then Gary from o-town would have a chance at 10,000 but he wont if they keep picking riders and yes there all GREAT riders
Old 04-23-2006, 10:02 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

phantom rider, cj from nyc
luxery joey
kid from texas
teach
many many others
Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

He clearly said "IM NOT TAKIN ANYTHING FROM THE LIST OF RIDERS THAT HAVE BEEN INVITED TO COMPETE IN THE XDL,THEY ARE ALL GREAT RIDERS."

He's saying that not only the "big names" should have a shot at comps like this, how do you get noticed if you're not "good enough" to get invited??

am I right,Alex?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 PM

EXMrider05 is an unknown quantity at this point

its all on how you get your name out there...you gotta bust your *** to get your name out there and to be recognized, and be a "someone" in this sport.......
Old 04-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Don't read this.

yeah that makes sense, but then again you have to look at this from thier eyes.

they are investing a decent amount of $$ into this and would like a return, fi this is a success i'm sure in later years they'll do it again and have even more riders.

but this is just a test for them, sticking thier foot in the water to see what it's like.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

it is too early for qualifiers all over the place run in conjunction with xdl, so instead the 'qualifiers' are your past results, your reputation, your ability to be a professional on and off the bike.

those guys wishing to qualify for a chance at future comps run by xdl should get out to as many shows around the US as they can. many of those riders 'invited' have proved themselves in the past and are deserving of this opportunity. the great parking lot riders of our sport who never venture out of their own neck of the woods are not as deserving as others for these chances, albeit they are as talented.

i'm sure that if these series are successful then they will expand, forcing preliminary qualifiers to be held, in which most everyone will get a fair shot. but at this stage, it is just not feasible and there are riders who stand out above the rest for various reasons, not entirely based on pure skill alone.

bottom line: anyone who wants to 'get out there' and be recognized with such opportunities, needs to GET OUT THERE and make a name for themselves.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by EXMrider05
its all on how you get your name out there...you gotta bust your *** to get your name out there and to be recognized, and be a "someone" in this sport.......
what better way to get your name out than going to a comp. like this and handing eveyone there *** and if anyone can hand these riders there *** then they have busted there *** cause thats gonna take ALOT of practice but IT can be done.....................agree or disagree......and you cant do it if you cant compete
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

This is an opportunity for some very hardworking stunters to put a good face on our sport for a huge audience. We should support it. As the sport gets bigger I'm sure the lesser known talent will have a chance to be represented as they are in x-games. I wish everyone involved the best of luck, as up to this point the best in stuntriding are putting alot of time, money, and hard work in without always getting the most tangible rewards in return.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
it is too early for qualifiers all over the place run in conjunction with xdl, so instead the 'qualifiers' are your past results, your reputation, your ability to be a professional on and off the bike.

those guys wishing to qualify for a chance at future comps run by xdl should get out to as many shows around the US as they can. many of those riders 'invited' have proved themselves in the past and are deserving of this opportunity. the great parking lot riders of our sport who never venture out of their own neck of the woods are not as deserving as others for these chances, albeit they are as talented.

i'm sure that if these series are successful then they will expand, forcing preliminary qualifiers to be held, in which most everyone will get a fair shot. but at this stage, it is just not feasible and there are riders who stand out above the rest for various reasons, not entirely based on pure skill alone.

bottom line: anyone who wants to 'get out there' and be recognized with such opportunities, needs to GET OUT THERE and make a name for themselves.
this answers it all! Go out there and do something, all of those riders have worked the hustle and are now getting some spotlight...
Old 04-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

agree completly. if your talented good for you, but if you dont go out there and get known, then you arent just gonna get invited to something this big when there are people pushing themselves just to get invited to things like this.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Regular StuntLifer

some of this i agree with and some i dont.There are some great riders out there im sure that cant go venture all over the US(rising gas cost ,family,work,etc.)but may like at shot at something like this.Im not good enough by far but its getting old to me to see great riders not get opportunities in things like this becuase they have wives and kids (which should come first)or bussiness they are trying to run or becuase they pinch every dollar they can to make ends meet but love the sport and cant afford to travel all over the US to get there name out so this means they dont deserve shots at things like this i understand that its a little late in the game for something like this for this months or years XDL but im also sure that this was planed sometime last year.YALL ARE ALL GREAT RIDERS
Old 04-23-2006, 10:21 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Squirrel goin and I know he's not rich lol, what teach said, prove urself
Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 PM

ahenry is a decent person

Alex, Im deffinitly with you on this. There should be comps. The guys there are great riders, but they also have deep pockets witch could be their way in. There are deffinitly some riders out there that could bust thes guys asses, and win a **** load of paper at the same time,But your right how would they get to do that at the Xdl.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Originally Posted by nsaneobsession
what better way to get your name out than going to a comp. like this and handing eveyone there *** and if anyone can hand these riders there *** then they have busted there *** cause thats gonna take ALOT of practice but IT can be done.....................agree or disagree......and you cant do it if you cant compete
but just because someone stays in there own spot and rides like hell, then decides they want to compete when something like this rolls around, doesnt mean its gonna happen. this isnt some small competition held at the local dragstrip, alot of people put in a lot of time into getting this set, and alot of riders have been busting there *** out there putting on shows and doing competitions for a chance like this

Quick Reply: xdl comp. is BS in my book whats your thoughts