Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Been thinking about this messageboard lately....

We have always appreciated our messageboard and the friendships we build with people online. We consider them fellow riders... friends. Meeting people, learning tricks, and hanging out with people was always the sole purpose for our messageboard. Sometimes it helped to get "the word out" and "update" other riders of our happens, but for the most part, that seemed to turn our messageboards into a "status quo" outlet. Many times we get the "Hey, Core6 is dead, where are you supporters?" Truthfully, I wouldn't call anyone on here a supporter..... ****, the people who come on here are usually the first to talk **** if we aren't bragging or jumping online to routinely talk about ourselves. I went somewhere this past weekend just to hang out with some riders and I ran into some serious ego's.... I don't miss it. I remember those days when it was all about "one upping" the next guy. Childish man... just childish... takes the fun out of the sport.... and completely takes the bond out of the friendships you build. Everyone is against Everyone. I don't know about you, but I got sick of putting myself out there, just to be burned in return, because I can't do the newest trick. Seemed to me like your friendships were only as strong as your skills.

Call me an *******... a has-been... a *****... unnappreciative... whatever. I love my bike, I love to ride, and I love to stunt. No one can take that from me and I got sick of people trying to.

Anyone else feel the same?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:23 PM

scratchnsniff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Very well put in my opinion. Its good knowing that someone out there still rides just for the thrill and not the bullshit.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

deff well put.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone started riding because they loved it and it gave them a rush. Some have just progressed to where they are now. The love is still in them, just not showing any more.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:43 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by Brian_C6

We have always appreciated our messageboard and the friendships we build with people online. We consider them fellow riders... friends. Meeting people, learning tricks, and hanging out with people was always the sole purpose for our messageboard. Sometimes it helped to get "the word out" and "update" other riders of our happens, but for the most part, that seemed to turn our messageboards into a "status quo" outlet. Many times we get the "Hey, Core6 is dead, where are you supporters?" Truthfully, I wouldn't call anyone on here a supporter..... ****, the people who come on here are usually the first to talk **** if we aren't bragging or jumping online to routinely talk about ourselves. I went somewhere this past weekend just to hang out with some riders and I ran into some serious ego's.... I don't miss it. I remember those days when it was all about "one upping" the next guy. Childish man... just childish... takes the fun out of the sport.... and completely takes the bond out of the friendships you build. Everyone is against Everyone. I don't know about you, but I got sick of putting myself out there, just to be burned in return, because I can't do the newest trick. Seemed to me like your friendships were only as strong as your skills.

Call me an *******... a has-been... a *****... unnappreciative... whatever. I love my bike, I love to ride, and I love to stunt. No one can take that from me and I got sick of people trying to.

I'm proud to be a "has-been" and "old school."
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I agree with most of your post of how stuntlife has changed, egos and such. But to me that is just reality.

As this sport is growing and evolving it is a competition to be on top, and do the latest trick because, they want to be amung the top riders if the big contracts come along in the future.

Those not on top will just be a part of stunt "history" somewhat forgotten in a way, like the newbies who don't know who Todd Colbert and the other old schools are.

I see the storybook being re-written in the future and the riders on top at that time will be the 1st or the begining and those that are not will be forgotten in the "public eye" and only us riders will know of the past and the true OG's.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:53 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
I agree with most of your post of how stuntlife has changed, egos and such. But to me that is just reality.

As this sport is growing and evolving it is a competition to be on top, and do the latest trick because, they want to be amung the top riders if the big contracts come along in the future.

Those not on top will just be a part of stunt "history" somewhat forgotten in a way, like the newbies who don't know who Todd Colbert and the other old schools are.

I see the storybook being re-written in the future and the riders on top at that time will be the 1st or the begining and those that are not will be forgotten in the "public eye" and only us riders will know of the past and the true OG's.

This is all making me feel like I did when I returned to where I grew up as a kid. So many things have changed and "I remember when this was like this and that wasn't here, etc" this sport has roots that are buried so far underground that gives it the strength and foundation for what has cultivated today. I only wish the new guys could appreciate the old-school boys who are not in the limelight that made this what it is. Damn, I'm only 30, but seem so old to this. I think it's great that there are a lot of new guys that get to feel as though they're accomplishing something and a part of something even bigger. I congratulate the accomplishments and the progression and even more so, the participation. I hope people don't forget the roots of all of this and more importantly the respect for each other like us "old dogs" had for one another.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:15 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
This is all making me feel like I did when I returned to where I grew up as a kid. So many things have changed and "I remember when this was like this and that wasn't here, etc" this sport has roots that are buried so far underground that gives it the strength and foundation for what has cultivated today. I only wish the new guys could appreciate the old-school boys who are not in the limelight that made this what it is. Damn, I'm only 30, but seem so old to this. I think it's great that there are a lot of new guys that get to feel as though they're accomplishing something and a part of something even bigger. I congratulate the accomplishments and the progression and even more so, the participation. I hope people don't forget the roots of all of this and more importantly the respect for each other like us "old dogs" had for one another.
Hopefully those riders that may be in the starlight in the future recognize the Gorka's, Colberts and Other teams and individuals. You know what... what am I saying - hey Matt - even if you don't continue to ride and progress to todays riding level ther are ways you can be a part of the sport for years to come as a spokesman, management or whatever. Don't let them forget!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:17 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Hey BC6, I thought you didnt stunt?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian_C6

+1 .....buddy
Old 04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka

still not as old as Thew though......lol

he get his AARP card yet
Old 04-05-2006, 02:35 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Brian....very well put.....it's too bad that some of the egos will overshadow the sport but these kids nowadays got no respect.....I wish I had been more involved when people supported eachother.....that would've been cool.....but there are still some great people.....woo, joneser, $alesman and Slow-motions, teach as you know is always chill, bill knight, Carms from CT, etc....those are just some folks off the top of my head......I met a lot of cool people at SW's and other events......but yeah the egos are just ugly and something I feel will hold this sport back.....
Old 04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Brian,

thats an awfully depressing paragraph.

yes there are egos, always have been always will be. thats the american way. any extreme sport (specificly freestyle) is about one-upping the other guy.

Childish? I wouldnt go that far... thats childishness is what makes this a sport.
Childish is running from the cops, not wearing your gear, and flipping your bike down the I5 and into traffic.

Ill admit ive met some with egos that are unbelieveable, hell ive been accused before of being that guy... its all relative i think.

we are all different people who for whatever reason all have the same love for making whuulllliiesss..

the fact that you, (and gorka), call yourselves retired and no longer active.. but still post on this site.. well that shows to me that you are still interested, active at some level. and still have a love for this sport. (or your just really bored and talkin stunt-trash is much like a crack addiction and you cant get away)

I have fun when i go ride. I've enjoyed riding with guys that i dont enjoy hanging out with.. haha...

In fact I ride on regular basis with a group of guys (on this site) that I've never hung out with, outside a wheelie road ever. doesnt mean were not friends.. I have an awesome time riding with them. seeing the stunts they do, seeing how they do this or that, pushing each other. I ride 10x harder when they are out there than I do when i goto the spot alone.

ever thought that "back in the day" there were just as many egos u just didnt see it? or maybe because u were a top dog you were the ego and didnt know it?

(im not attacking just trying to get you to look at the other half of the glass)

wether u ride motorcycles for the friendships, the trash talk, the wanting only to on up another, just casue u like the smell of a burnout, u like riding at high speeds in packs, you like pushing yourself to do things u didnt think were possible, or cause u like the look of a crowd as you show off at a show or parking lot too them.. who knows there are a million reason to like this sport.

dont be so negative.. if you unhappy with the egos then ignore them.

-Kane
Old 04-05-2006, 03:50 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

kane ur gay
Old 04-05-2006, 03:54 PM

Jordo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its a handful of guys that I can probably name off the top of my head on here. You see them typically bashing cause you don't do this or you aren't doing doublebackflip circles. My opinion is keep the og's get rid of the haters. I talked to woods about this **** a month ago he said the same thing this is why you never see him post on here. SL is going to **** time to move else where.

Stunterforums.com?
Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough

I agree. What about the dirt ball above you. That little ****er is a piece of ****. **** schooler. So what if he can ride. Eat a **** up till ya hickup *****. I am out of here. **** this place.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

I love haters man. let them bash.. whatever makes em feel kewl.

its a normal cycle when your a nobody wanting to be acknowledged for whatever reason in a social group theres a few ways to go about that.

1)work
2)skill
3)trash talking...

option 3 being the easiest and most common.

ill admit ive been guilty of trash talkin in the past (and future)
haha

who cares.

let em hate, and let em watch from the sidelines as others succeed.

Id rather be hated on for trying..
than a failure for not.

-Kane
Old 04-05-2006, 04:00 PM

LOL I think schooler was just joking, I don't see him hating on people. I could be wrong though he is just a young buck
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the furom if you take all the sh*t talkers and moved the do a differt website you think anything would change? nothing would.. except the site sh*t is bein talked on
Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM

Us texans like to keep to ourselves in the Texas forum I rarely ever post pics in the main forum or videos.

Actually things would change if the management and setup of the forum were different. I'm not hating on SL forum leaders but my opinion is SL has gotten out of hand and should be controlled by more mature people. Some of the bashers are admins on here.

It could also be the attitude differences between areas of the U.S. I know down here in Texas a lot of us are helpful and have a relatively nice attitude. Up in say New York attitudes are a bit different. Maybe its the culture change between locations that brings out the haters?

Quick Reply: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.