Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person
Re: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.

Bike looks good Jimmy. I'm with you pal. Got bills, a mortgage and a family. I wish nothing more than to be able to clutch it up to pay the groceries, but a man has got to know when to hold em' when to fold em'. Unfortunately I felt the short term didn't benefit my long term. When you gotta go, you gotta go
Old 04-05-2006, 06:11 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
I feel what you are saying Brian. The question I would like get an answer to is "who is willing to sacrafice their career" in order to become a great stuntrider? Not too many riders I would imagine and those that do are probably already well-off on $$$ anyways or are too young to even care.

For myself, I rode because it was a great "hobby" and fun hanging out with fellow riders. Picking up a new toy this weekend just to cruise the streets on :YEAH :

thats bad ***...but is it just me or does that exhaust stik out kinda far
Old 04-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gorka... where you living these days? How are things? .... been a while since I've talked to ya.

Brian
Old 04-05-2006, 06:13 PM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

Stuntriding is a Hobby to me....not a sport

I don't like mixing pleasure and business.....drains the fun out of the pleasure
ya know
Old 04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right.. I was just saying that when you turn something into a sport it promotes competition. Anywhere there is lots of competition, you will have ********. All sports have em but I am painting with a pretty wide brush here. But even at the local spots you have "friends" riding together that pretty much just compete with eachother now instead of having fun like everyone used to.. which is what I think you were *****ing about originally anyway.

I've sat back and watched people change and stuntriding in general for that matter and the people that have the most fun, have the best rides, parties and get-togethers are the ones that look at stunting as a hobby.. just something else to do and not a "sport". Most of the cats I know that are all about "the sport" nerd out in parking lots constantly working at a trick over and over until they get it... And thats great if that is what floats your boat. But to me that **** isnt fun at all. that Mikkee is why I think stunting is almost full blown gay.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

.....so basically if you start peter-peepin' your buddy's package you shoud stay away from the circle wheelies for a while. That's all you needed to say
Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lb3
Most of the cats I know that are all about "the sport" nerd out in parking lots constantly working at a trick over and over until they get it... And thats great if that is what floats your boat. But to me that **** isnt fun at all. that Mikkee is why I think stunting is almost full blown gay.
Right and I ride just for fun also. And fun for me is the challenge of learning a new trick and finally getting it - then taking it to the streets every once and awhile is where the fun is at. Not to brag about what I can do and what someone else can't. I'm not persueing stuntriding as a carrier, but I support those who do.

You sure are quick to judge. So you don't ride lots and progress your skils or in your terms "nerd out" cuz that's gay.

So if that's not fun then what's fun to you? Doing the same tricks over and over? You just ride street now? In your perfect little world, how would stuntriding be?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Lb3

Originally Posted by mikkee
Right and I ride just for fun also. And fun for me is the challenge of learning a new trick and finally getting it - then taking it to the streets every once and awhile is where the fun is at. Not to brag about what I can do and what someone else can't. I'm not persueing stuntriding as a carrier, but I support those who do.

You sure are quick to judge. So you don't ride lots and progress your skils or in your terms "nerd out" cuz that's gay.

So if that's not fun then what's fun to you? Doing the same tricks over and over? You just ride street now? In your perfect little world, how would stuntriding be?

haha.. you are taking what I said way to literal and way too serious. Everybody on this site rides in lots. I am just saying not everyone enjoys that **** all the time. When you mix it up its fun. Its not a big **** talking competition the whole time. When you just ride lots its a bunch of dudes doing combo circles over and over and its almost always a big competition. No changes of scenery. No speed. No rush. No real danger. Back in the day there wasnt parking lots.. there was highways.. streets in the ghetto where cops dont go, backroads etc.. You'd hit a spot for a while and roll to the next, go do burnouts infront of a titty bar, go downtown or whatever. Now its like.. load up the bikes.. roll to some warehouse and do circle combos for 2-4 hours go home and take some ibuprofen.. hahaha.. you know what i mean? Please understand I am generalizing on that last part.. The whole definition of stunter has changed.. it went from guy that does tricks on a bike to guy that rides an f4i with +20 gears, cage and bar and if you dont have all that **** on your bike you aint no stunna!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:32 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Lb3
haha.. you are taking what I said way to literal and way too serious. Everybody on this site rides in lots. I am just saying not everyone enjoys that **** all the time. When you mix it up its fun. Its not a big **** talking competition the whole time. When you just ride lots its a bunch of dudes doing combo circles over and over and its almost always a big competition. No changes of scenery. No speed. No rush. No real danger. Back in the day there wasnt parking lots.. there was highways.. streets in the ghetto where cops dont go, backroads etc.. You'd hit a spot for a while and roll to the next, go do burnouts infront of a titty bar, go downtown or whatever. Now its like.. load up the bikes.. roll to some warehouse and do circle combos for 2-4 hours go home and take some ibuprofen.. hahaha.. you know what i mean? Please understand I am generalizing on that last part.. The whole definition of stunter has changed.. it went from guy that does tricks on a bike to guy that rides an f4i with +20 gears, cage and bar and if you dont have all that **** on your bike you aint no stunna!
evryone on here rides in lots?i spen most of my time just ridnig where ever....like ill just leave my house and go on a little journey....more fun that way
Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
I feel what you are saying Brian. The question I would like get an answer to is "who is willing to sacrafice their career" in order to become a great stuntrider? Not too many riders I would imagine and those that do are probably already well-off on $$$ anyways or are too young to even care.

For myself, I rode because it was a great "hobby" and fun hanging out with fellow riders. Picking up a new toy this weekend just to cruise the streets on :YEAH :

$10 says ur at the track/spot riding within A month
Old 04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Just my ....

If you stunt then you probably already have a fan club wether you know it or not ( & pro or not).
Every time you ride in front of your freinds that haven't quite gotten to your level you spark more intrest. Kids see you stuntin on the streets they go crazy. Its growing for sure and I hope it always does.
If you ride and do shows or your'e just helpful to the next newbie that wants to learn and try to help keep him from killin himself, you are helping the sport & the lifestyle grow.

Just like any sport you have riders that are the pros that push it to the next level and make or keep it "mainstrem". They rely on their sport for a paycheck and want to be remembered as one of the top riders or founders. They are the ones you will see on TV or in videos that Spark intrest & dreams in people all over the world. If there never had been "pros" , then how would you know about it. I doubt anybody would've just started stunting bikes and be at the level they are now. Everybody has a hero, I have many.

Then you have the guys that love to ride for fun wether it's because they don't like competitiveness or just don't have the drive to make it their life but still love it as the "hobby". These kind of riders will always be around and still contribute to the growth of the sport too by growing their own "fan club".

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't hate the riders who want to be "pros" and make it more mainnstream because in the end, it will not affect your "hobby" in any negative way. If anything, those riders are the ones that will make stunt riding more excepted by the world and maybe it will reconize stunting as a real SKILL instead of thinking we are all a bunch of idiots that like to scare old ladies off the road

Pros - Don't hate they guy who does it for his hobby either. He is doing what he loves just like you. Yes there are some that give stunting a bad name in their town. Some people like being the "rebel" and always will. Eventually it will be noticably seperate.

Everybody has their own reason for stunting and how much they put in to it.

Competition is good - makes you try harder and learn more = bigger and better sport.

Hate - makes people bitter or give up = less enjoyment, less freinds, & less intrest in what you love

Ok that's enough from me too long
Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lb3
I agree with this post 100% and of course I'm going to take you serious when you said, "that mikkee guy is the reason stuntriding is almost full blown gay." Now you know that my views are no different than yours..
Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by revditup
Just my ....

If you stunt then you probably already have a fan club wether you know it or not ( & pro or not).
Every time you ride in front of your freinds that haven't quite gotten to your level you spark more intrest. Kids see you stuntin on the streets they go crazy. Its growing for sure and I hope it always does.
If you ride and do shows or your'e just helpful to the next newbie that wants to learn and try to help keep him from killin himself, you are helping the sport & the lifestyle grow.

Just like any sport you have riders that are the pros that push it to the next level and make or keep it "mainstrem". They rely on their sport for a paycheck and want to be remembered as one of the top riders or founders. They are the ones you will see on TV or in videos that Spark intrest & dreams in people all over the world. If there never had been "pros" , then how would you know about it. I doubt anybody would've just started stunting bikes and be at the level they are now. Everybody has a hero, I have many.

Then you have the guys that love to ride for fun wether it's because they don't like competitiveness or just don't have the drive to make it their life but still love it as the "hobby". These kind of riders will always be around and still contribute to the growth of the sport too by growing their own "fan club".

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't hate the riders who want to be "pros" and make it more mainnstream because in the end, it will not affect your "hobby" in any negative way. If anything, those riders are the ones that will make stunt riding more excepted by the world and maybe it will reconize stunting as a real SKILL instead of thinking we are all a bunch of idiots that like to scare old ladies off the road

Pros - Don't hate they guy who does it for his hobby either. He is doing what he loves just like you. Yes there are some that give stunting a bad name in their town. Some people like being the "rebel" and always will. Eventually it will be noticably seperate.

Everybody has their own reason for stunting and how much they put in to it.

Competition is good - makes you try harder and learn more = bigger and better sport.

Hate - makes people bitter or give up = less enjoyment, less freinds, & less intrest in what you love

Ok that's enough from me too long
awesome post!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

For most people its just a hobby, I'd rather be spending my $$ on tires, levers, sprockets ect... than the fairing bolt kits as Kane likes to say, or the colored windscreen or the $1000 full system.Its just about the riding

The reason I love it IS the competetive side that comes out while riding. Practicing something for days and just when it feels like its not gonna happen, it just starts to work!:YEAH Doing something a regular weekend rider wouldnt even contemplate trying. Just testing yourself, and your limits.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lotus
For most people its just a hobby, I'd rather be spending my $$ on tires, levers, sprockets ect... than the fairing bolt kits as Kane likes to say, or the colored windscreen or the $1000 full system.Its just about the riding

The reason I love it IS the competetive side that comes out while riding. Practicing something for days and just when it feels like its not gonna happen, it just starts to work!:YEAH Doing something a regular weekend rider wouldnt even contemplate trying. Just testing yourself, and your limits.

Amazing post man... what u just described as your passion for riding a motorcycle in the way you, I, and many others here do (stunting) thats the passion that is and has turned this into an industry.. a market.. a sport.

People who ride motorcycles (about 1% of the population last I read) that 1% are different breed of people. a bretherin wether we like each other or not. that 1% is divided into crusiers, dirtbikes, sportbikes, touring.. all kinds..

There are extremists in everything.

They're are "professional" touring riders - imagin touring the world on a bike.. for a living? people do it.

They're are "professional" custom bike riders/builders.
I have a very good friend. youve probably seen him in the pages of SSB mag. he is the dressed in all black standing by an orange bike "rider" in multiple full page Icon Ads. His name is eddie. Eddie Mcoy. He designed THE Laser CNC machine program. he owns his own business producing the only Laser CNC machines in america. his company writes checks of millions.. literally.
he loves his zx12r (big 12 - been featured in SSB, 2WT, cycledreams, etc) he loves this damn bike so much that it has completely taken over his life. his love for his riding and yearning to do it over making maaaaddd loot with his laser programming.. he decieded this year to open his own business (Eye Cany custom, exclusivley sold through Lockhart Phillips USA!) he now "professionally" makes custom bike bar ends, sliders, axle covers, etc etc..

i guess my point is.. there are many hobbyist, and to them much love!! they are the core. and then you'll always have the other end of people who strive to do more.. cause thats all they want for whatever reason.

there will always be animosity of some sorts between the classes.. thats life. thats human nature.

good post!

Teach is gay!
-kane
Old 04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Amazing post man... what u just described as your passion for riding a motorcycle in the way you, I, and many others here do (stunting) thats the passion that is and has turned this into an industry.. a market.. a sport.

People who ride motorcycles (about 1% of the population last I read) that 1% are different breed of people. a bretherin wether we like each other or not. that 1% is divided into crusiers, dirtbikes, sportbikes, touring.. all kinds..

There are extremists in everything.

They're are "professional" touring riders - imagin touring the world on a bike.. for a living? people do it.

They're are "professional" custom bike riders/builders.
I have a very good friend. youve probably seen him in the pages of SSB mag. he is the dressed in all black standing by an orange bike "rider" in multiple full page Icon Ads. His name is eddie. Eddie Mcoy. He designed THE Laser CNC machine program. he owns his own business producing the only Laser CNC machines in america. his company writes checks of millions.. literally.
he loves his zx12r (big 12 - been featured in SSB, 2WT, cycledreams, etc) he loves this damn bike so much that it has completely taken over his life. his love for his riding and yearning to do it over making maaaaddd loot with his laser programming.. he decieded this year to open his own business (Eye Cany custom, exclusivley sold through Lockhart Phillips USA!) he now "professionally" makes custom bike bar ends, sliders, axle covers, etc etc..

i guess my point is.. there are many hobbyist, and to them much love!! they are the core. and then you'll always have the other end of people who strive to do more.. cause thats all they want for whatever reason.

there will always be animosity of some sorts between the classes.. thats life. thats human nature.

good post!

Teach is gay!
-kane

Kane I respect what you do, and your work ethic, but man why do you make just about every post about you?

Nice thread Brian..
Old 04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
myspace.com/reality631

Reality is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm old school, i'm u fukin has been but you know what i live for this **** and i'm going to keep throwin that fukin bike around till i wreck so fukin hard i break my neck and die.till then you'll find me @ your local show blowin **** up cutting people off and tellin people to go *** themselves. i ride for me..........
Old 04-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Lb3

Originally Posted by Reality
i'm old school, i'm u fukin has been but you know what i live for this **** and i'm going to keep throwin that fukin bike around till i wreck so fukin hard i break my neck and die.till then you'll find me @ your local show blowin **** up cutting people off and tellin people to go *** themselves. i ride for me..........
word!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Reality

Pfffttt... You better not be cutten my off... Shorty!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Kane I respect what you do, and your work ethic, but man why do you make just about every post about you?

Nice thread Brian..

?! How was that about me? I was commenting on what he posted and how i interpreted it?

I dunno.. I guess im selfish schwartz...

In my life.. I come first.

-Kane

Quick Reply: Here is a word from an "old school" rider.